• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS So how 'bout dat Nintendo 2DS?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Well, I don't completely hate the 3D, it just doesn't enhance gameplay by an innovative margin. The depth perception helps in SM3DL and can make individual enemies within large groups more apparent as in KI:U. Not to mention those Fire Emblem cutscenes look crisp with it on.

Vashimus

Smash Master
This is a smart move by Nintendo. Most of the people complaining about the 2DS either already have a 3DS or aren't parents, AKA not the target audience. For those who don't have a 3DS, this is the chance to get a cheap ass one if you don't really care about the 3D. For parents, you have a cheaper, more durable 3DS to give to your kids with no hinges to break and no gimmicky 3D effect that just piles onto the price. It's a win for everybody.

Another big factor to remember is that Pokemon X and Y are coming out in less than a month, and as we all know, new Pokemon games ALWAYS sell like ****ing hotcakes. Thousands of Pokemon fans who did not own 3DS before (including myself) went out and bought the thing just so they can play this game. It's already the fastest-selling 3DS game just going off of pre-orders alone. Main series games can sell upwards of 3 million copies in just 2 days. And what better way to accommodate those hungry customers by offering a more affordable option for the 3DS the exact same day those games come out? Scratch what I said before, it's not just smart. It's genius.

MarioAnIke

Smash Cadet
NNID
LuigiCheezburger
Well, I don't completely hate the 3D, it just doesn't enhance gameplay by an innovative margin. The depth perception helps in SM3DL
Yes, the 3D effect was amazing in that game. I'm saying "was" because my 3ds is broken. R Button.:mario:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Personally, I'd just go to the XL if my 3DS broke. While I LOVE the 2DS' design, I just gotta have that 3d... I loved it for KI:U, SM3dL, and Professor Layton.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I admit, I'm buying the 2DS now to save on costs for streaming and such. I'm seriously glad it exists as I HATE how often hinges break on DS systems.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I honestly wish Nintendo never developed the 2DS in the first place; 3DS sales were doing solid and all the problems it addresses are marginalized.

E m e r a l d

Smash Rookie
Doesn't appeal to me as I already have a working 3DS, and I think it's too big to be considered portable, but I understand its appeal.

Though it would probably render the SM3DL perspective stages unplayable....
I played my cousin's SM3DL on my 2DS and I beat the whole first world so no.

Why the F#$% doesn't it fold!?!

That screen's gonna get so much dust it aint even funny.
I am seriously interested in it as I just want to be able to play 3DS games because pretty much everyone else on the planet owns a 3DS.
But I don't feel like paying 50 extra bucks for the built in 3D effect that isnt necessary for any games and hurts my F#$%$#$ eyes.
The 2DS seems like an awesome option for people with little B#$%$ eyes like me and toddlers who would go cross eyed from it, but the lack of folding is a deal breaker.

I feel the same way about the Wii U Gamepad. Like, couldn't they make a cheaper one by designing a controller without the NFC scanner thing or camera in it?
The lack of folding is actually far more comfortable than any of the previous DS's for me.

No fold makes me kinda mad, it just looks like crap and its just like the DS but no folding. i dont like.
I personally think the no fold is far more comfortable than all of the previous DS's.
I honestly wish Nintendo never developed the 2DS in the first place; 3DS sales were doing solid and all the problems it addresses are marginalized.
If they didn't, I wouldn't be here. And sheesh, everyone here is biased as hell. None of you have actually owned a 2DS and yet they talk trash on it. I used to think it was the dumbest thing that Nintendo could've done but then I got one for Christmas and I love it. I think it's way better than the 3DS XL because well people say that OMG THE 2DS IS TOO BIG TO FIT IN MY POCKET and yet they get a 3DS XL. I don't have any pairs of pants that that monster can fit into.

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
It's uninteresting, but that's because it's not for us.

It's a sturdy, cheap alternative to the 3DS, made for people or children who don't want a full-price 3DS and don't really care about the 3D feature. It's doing perfectly well in that regard. If Nintendo's making money off of it, more power to them.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Brought one with a friend as a part of the bundle deal, discount definitely worth it if you're not interested in the 3D!

Top Bottom