• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U So has anyone had a Smash party for yesterday's release?

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
Last night I invited 7 of my friends over to play Smash. The initial plan was to play a few games of 8-Player Smash and then have a mini 1v1 tournament. Turns out we were laughing so much while playing 8-Player that we didn't bother playing anything else until 3am. The best moments however were whenever we unlocked a new character. We'd all select him and play him on the smallest stages. I almost cramped my jaw when we did it with Wario because we'd just keep spamming the bike. I included a picture below.

So how were your nights?

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
Yesterday....? YESTERDAY???!?!?!!!
WRAAAAGHHH!!!!

it's so annoying that I have to wait for another week ;(
all these people in NA are already playing it...

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Highlights of my party:

-Lots of 8-Player Smash
-Did a Fox-only, no items, Big Battlefield 8-Player Smash as a joke and it was hilarious
-Accidentally paused the game right as there was stuff going on making it look like Rosalina was getting groped by Mario
-Many inside jokes were created last night
-Unlocked everyone except Duck Hunt, who I unlocked this morning

The Cheese

Smash Cadet
Heck yeah we did.

I sorta had food poisoning, though. I had to sit out. Rather, curl up in a ball on one side of the room.

But on the good side, we had a total of 11 people show up through the night. We had cupcakes with the Smash logo on them.

We had a doubles and singles tournament. A couple interesting upsets. The most fun, though, were definitely those 8-Way battles. After having played several of them with whoever we wanted, it quickly devolved into Villager Roulette and as many other versions of that premise of which we could imagine. Wii Fit Trainer Dodgeball, Wario Road Rash, Bowser Jr. Bumper Cars... It was amazing. There's nothing like a good Smash party.

Edit: Results posted here - http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-...se-date-tournament-party-henderson-ky.379326/

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Pretty much all of my friends are busy studying for their second wave of exams this upcoming Monday/Tuesday (finished my second wave a week earlier), so I've planned one at my place Wednesday, right before Thanksgiving.

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
Yesterday....? YESTERDAY???!?!?!!!
WRAAAAGHHH!!!!

it's so annoying that I have to wait for another week ;(
all these people in NA are already playing it...
Ah man that sucks. A friend of mine works here in Canada but is from France so his Wii U is region locked to Europe. Even though he could walk to a store and buy the game he still can't play it.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
If your definition of party is "going to Gamestop and taking two people with me last minute and then remembering I lost my receipt and license and got there a little after midnight and waited in line with a good chance I wasn't going to get the game and then dropping one friend off at an apartment and taking the other back with me and then going home and only going to play it for an hour and then staying up till six and waking up at 830 the next day for a Biochem test and then sleeping 16 hours Friday to make up for all the sleep I lost during the week" then yes

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Highlights of my party:

-Lots of 8-Player Smash
-Did a Fox-only, no items, Big Battlefield 8-Player Smash as a joke and it was hilarious
-Accidentally paused the game right as there was stuff going on making it look like Rosalina was getting groped by Mario
-Many inside jokes were created last night
-Unlocked everyone except Duck Hunt, who I unlocked this morning
*ahem*

Photo, please.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
I had a friend over yesterday that played Little Mac pretty much the whole time. Little Mac is my "Smash Sap" now in the stats section.

JohnMFWayneee

Smash Rookie
8-player Smash is where it's at! We play 1-stock, 0.5% damage (and we like to randomize characters a lot). There is nothing that compares to the adrenaline rush you feel whenever it comes down to just you and a friend with 6 other friends cheering you on. We've had some truly ridiculous moments.

Top Bottom