• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So guys, I think Luigi's Mansion will be my new counterpick...

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I was playing on some of the stranger counterpicks yesterday and decided to give Luigi's Mansion a go. While messing around on the stage, I noticed that the ceiling on the bottom was incredibly low and decided to mess with it. Turns out even at 0%, down throw will lead into a jab lock right in front of you if the opponent misses the tech. It's a bit slow so they might tech it but guess what? Up throw works too and is much faster. Down side is that you must turn around to initiate the lock with that. Forward throw and back throw work to some extent but usually knocks them too far away. Up tilt works as well but not as effectively as the throws.

Oh and I tested this with kirby just to make sure he couldn't do it back on us. None of his throws really work that well but I haven't really checked out other people that could do some sort of lock.

Uh.. discuss? lol. I pulled this off on my friend over wifi today, he wasn't happy :laugh:

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
That's pretty cool, man. Good thinking!

I'll bet u-throw works best, since it's faster and harder to tech. If you d-throw, they'll be ready to tech.

The only bad thing about Weegee's Mansion is it's harder to rest KO.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Yeah but with up throw, they land behind you which gives them a larger window to tech since you have to turn around and all. And is the ceiling for Luigi's Mansion higher than the other neutral stages? I haven't really tested it but I think it'll be fine. If you go across the whole mansion towards the outside where you can send them up with Rest, they should have accumulated some damage anyways.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
i thought luigi's mansion was recently banned for stalling reasons.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
You can also UpTilt-lock them underneath the ceiling of the first floor, as long as they don't tech or DI out of it.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
That's some good thinking, as for the ceiling i'm almost positive that its a little higher then Final Destinations. (at the bottom) If not then it's about the same.

Top Bottom