• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So FOX cancelled Drive. (The cancelled show tribute thread)

Dibs

Smash Lord
We might as well call the FOX network the network of not giving shows a chance.

Examples

RIP Drive, your name will live on among the other Fox shows that got cancelled before I could get into them.

- O.C. (Even though I never watched an episode, I know that people are still shaken over this.)
- Dark Angel (Jessica Alba looking her finest.)
- Tidus (This show was always funny to me. Every episode would not disappoint.)
- Freaks And Geeks
- Fastlane (Tiffany-Amber Thiessen..)
- Arrested Development
- The PJ's with Eddie Murphy
- Family Guy BEFORE they got picked up again.
- Greg the Bunny
- FUTURAMA (But it's coming back, so hooray)
- Undeclared

But it's ok folks, we have "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?" to make up for it.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Dang it. I was just about to make a topic on how much I loved this show last week. I was looking forward to it more than Heroes.

This show was good in the wicked cool kinda way. Good bye, Drive.

Dibs

Smash Lord
I missed it last week and I was curious about it too. I guess I'll never know.

On another note, I also miss Off Centre and Angel.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Haha, wow, I expected them to ride out the season, at least.

Correct me if anything changed after what I saw, but I saw the two-hour premiere and... I was not impressed. On top of the fact that the casting was just a call for placid beautiful, WB-ish people, I found the drama extremely contrived and the dialogue often laughable. Really, the only mystery was behind the race itself, and it just boils down to an excuse to have lots of cars driving really fast.

I supposed it could have gotten interesting, but I'd still be angry at the casting (with the exception of Fillion) and the sophomorish attempts at dramatic writing.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I thought it was facinating seeing each person's reasons for wanting, or even needing in some cases, to win the race. Some of the characters started to freak out and wanted to quit halfway through the race for various reasons but weren't allowed to. (Their partners stuck guns to their heads and said no.) That was pretty cool.

The episode I saw had a lot of Fillion, who I loved in Firefly, which was why I was so stoked about this series. Curse you, FOX.

I thought it had a semi-LOST feel.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
**** Fox, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT was the best and they knew it.................

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
They cancelled Drive already? They advertised that SO much, too! I remember there being at least 6 commercials for it during American Idol. (American Idol rocks your faces-- even though it sucks this year.)

Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader bugs the hell out of me. Mainly the fact that they choose the stupidest people they could find to be the contestants. Seriously, it's like-- the whole audience is shaking their heads, while the contestant takes thirty minutes to guess that a trapezoid has 12 sides.

Top Bottom