• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So for glory and match ups and how to run from noobs/little mac

K-45

Smash Journeyman
So I've been playing a lot of for glory and been doing achievements from time and it seems the more achievements you do the more fun for glory gets.

Before I even unlock all the stages I've been fighting the over popular :4littlemac:.

Ik about the global ranked system and if you really want to have fun in for glory try and doing as many achievements as you can.

So just wondering has doing challenges making for glory more fun for you guys.

My hate for little mac has died down but now I dislike :4lucario:

Dbash

Smash Cadet
I have found this aswell, the more challenges and stages I unlock, the less and less :4littlemac: I find, but when I did fight against them, I played Kirby and I kept using my D-Smash, then my Up B to get them in the air, then Down B to get back down, I'd charge my Side B, and klaboom! I won.

Quickest match I played was :49.

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
Never really understood all the hate for Little Mac to be honest. I keep seeing people complaining about fighting Little Mac too many times, but out of the 300 For Glory matches that I've played I've only ran into like 3 Little Macs (not even exaggerating, I've counted).

Dbash

Smash Cadet
Never really understood all the hate for Little Mac to be honest. I keep seeing people complaining about fighting Little Mac too many times, but out of the 300 For Glory matches that I've played I've only ran into like 3 Little Macs (not even exaggerating, I've counted).
I don't hate 'em, I just play Kirby, so it's easy to get a win on Little Macs who don't know what they're doing.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I actually don't bother that much with challenges, and I think it's a common misconception that they matter in For Glory. I too don't understand why people toss Little Mac in with the bad players. You may as well do that with every character; Little Mac isn't the only character that is used by them.

TypePositive

Smash Apprentice
I don't associate lil mac with bad players. Mac's too strong for that, even a bad one can kill you. Shulk on the other hand... I just haven't played any challenging shulks

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
i havent even looked at challenges. dont really care.

Out of curiosity, why do you dislike Lucario? I hear complaints about him all the time, but the only "proof" people provide is hes a camper. Which i dont get how people label him that - he is punished SOOO easily when i camp but i can charge into your face significantly more safely than i can waiting for you to come to me.
Few lucarios i face are the same as me. They dont sit around. Theyre always moving and charging you.

Last edited:

K-45

Smash Journeyman
I actually don't bother that much with challenges, and I think it's a common misconception that they matter in For Glory. I too don't understand why people toss Little Mac in with the bad players. You may as well do that with every character; Little Mac isn't the only character that is used by them.
It's not that I don't think little mac is a over powered characters it's just that most noobs play little mac on for glory since it's a flat stage and he can take advantage of for glory rules. Also he can kill at low percents, and some times when you are going to win the KO punch can make a difference.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
What makes you think that challenges affect who you fight in For Glory?

This game is obviously pretty bare-bones multiplayer-wise, so I highly doubt they'd go so far as to make GSP a factor in who you fight. Your win-loss ratio? Maybe. But I don't think your Angry Birds high score affects anything.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
i havent even looked at challenges. dont really care.

Out of curiosity, why do you dislike Lucario? I hear complaints about him all the time, but the only "proof" people provide is hes a camper. Which i dont get how people label him that - he is punished SOOO easily when i camp but i can charge into your face significantly more safely than i can waiting for you to come to me.
Few lucarios i face are the same as me. They dont sit around. Theyre always moving and charging you.
Well the main thing I hate about him is his gimmicky play style. You know that the more damage he takes the stronger he get and in this game the blast zones are huge and there are characters in this game who can only kill at really high percents like :4megaman: and :4zss:. :4lucario: just has an advantage over some characters. Not to mention at 130% not even a air dodge can avoid a aura sphere. Hell I started to main :rosalina: and :4rob: just to counter :4lucario: :4lucario: :4lucario: spamers.

Aura sphere should be a emote.

Last edited:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Well the main thing I hate about him is his gimmicky play style. You know that the more damage he takes the stronger he get and in this game the blast zones are huge and there are characters in this game who can only kill at really high percents like :4megaman: and :4zss:. :4lucario: just has an advantage over some characters. Not to mention at 130% not even a air dodge can avoid a aura sphere. Hell I started to main :rosalina: and :4rob: just to counter :4lucario: :4lucario: :4lucario: spamers.
Pro tip - Don't get hit :p

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
A good tip I'll say but its also not always simple when facing a lucario that was not lobotomized, the spammers though can be dealt with pretty well since even Bowser can play dodge ball with a camping lucario due to the charge and fire rates of aura sphere, just jump over instead of dodge and creep closer.

Remember! If you dont like lucario hitting you hard then be sure to crunch him around the 90% mark so you will never see a full power aura sphere!

As for challenges, nope it changed nothing as I still run into either people that I can lazily decimate and people who can slam me.

Last edited:

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
As a Lucario main I disagree with some of these points. Lucario might have an unique mechanic in which the more damage he takes the more damage he can inflict but that doesn't make him broken because you always have a greater risk of dying the more damage you have (and Lucario is not the most resilient character in the roster so his risk of dying is even greater).

Besides, without enough damage taken, a fully charged Aura Sphere will not be powerful enough to kill most characters at mid to high percentages most of the time. In other words, without Lucario's Aura, he will be so weak he will not be usable.

Btw, Lucario's zoning is not the greatest there is in this game since an Aura Sphere powerful enough to kill requires time to charge and the range in Force Palm at low to mid percentages of damage taken is not that great.

Little Mac, on the other hand, is pretty much broken on the ground. His super armor on Smash attacks and his sheer power and speed are ridiculous on the ground.

He might be a popular choice for most Smash noobs because with Little Mac you are not required to be in the air at all (thus avoid the use of some advanced techniques in the game). I used to hate Little Mac for that reason (even a bad Little Mac can kill you) but Little Mac needs to be broken on the ground because he is helpless in the air.

EDIT: I have encountered more Little Mac spammers than Lucario spammers so I am deriving my opinion out of my experience.

Last edited:

K-45

Smash Journeyman
As a Lucario main I disagree with some of these points. Lucario might have an unique mechanic in which the more damage he takes the more damage he can inflict but that doesn't make him broken because you always have a greater risk of dying the more damage you have (and Lucario is not the most resilient character in the roster so his risk of dying is even greater).

Besides, without enough damage taken, a fully charged Aura Sphere will not be powerful enough to kill most characters at mid to high percentages most of the time. In other words, without Lucario's Aura, he will be so weak he will not be usable.

Btw, Lucario's zoning is not the greatest there is in this game since an Aura Sphere powerful enough to kill requires time to charge and the range in Force Palm at low to mid percentages of damage taken is not that great.

Little Mac, on the other hand, is pretty much broken on the ground. His super armor on Smash attacks and his sheer power and speed are ridiculous on the ground.

He might be a popular choice for most Smash noobs because with Little Mac you are not required to be in the air at all (thus avoid the use of some advanced techniques in the game). I used to hate Little Mac for that reason (even a bad Little Mac can kill you) but Little Mac needs to be broken on the ground because he is helpless in the air.

EDIT: I have encountered more Little Mac spammers than Lucario spammers so I am deriving my opinion out of my experience.
As a megaman man main I can't really kill Lucario at a low percent, in fact I feel that Lucario can't kill until hes at 100% or higher and anything before it is icing on the cake then he kills you. After you respawn even when he's at a high % he's can rack up damage like crazy before u can kill him. Also with the blast zones being so huge he live almost anything under 100%, and he's really hard to baby sit just because his extreme speed depends on how much damage he has. Let's not forget the rage effect combine with his damage and knock back. I can see him having trouble facing bowsers and dededes.

As a megaman main little mac was never really the problem he was just over use. Just 3 firends of mine main little mac and at this point I'm so used to how he plays I'm not even worry about little Mac's anymore and he's super easy for me to baby sit.

I don't even know what a little mac spammer is but every 10th game or so I fight a Lucario and get annoy every time.

(Edit: I never had a problem with him in past games.)

Last edited:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290

Aura sphere should be a emote.
It also goes the other way.

Pre 40% he actually does LESS damage than anybody else, and unless youre borderline 200% he wont be able to kill you very easily when he freshly spawns. I have combo'd people for a good 20seconds and ended up only doing ~35% damage, they manage to break the combo chain with 4-6 hits and i have more damage than them (this is literally any opponent).

As for his sphere, even at 200% damage his sphere doesnt break shields (or even does big damage) and its very obvious since its still slow. Avoid using your 2nd jump if you can, use it when Lucario jumps up/you are falling infront of him. If you fear hes going to do it as you land, try to keep the shield up and do NOT dodge. Thats what most people do to me, and it makes me stop trying to use it as an anti-recovery because they predict it way too easily - forcing me to use it as a combo finisher instead.

Im not saying Lucario is an easy to face opponent and youre a scrub because you cant face him, dont get me wrong. im just pointing in the direction that if you dont predict what hes doing hes going to punish you more than most characters because of his aura. His aura doesnt affect his movement/reflex speeds, and hes a pretty slow character compared to most. Thats why im aggressive with my UpB because its lightning fast, but i will never kill with that unless you are insanely high on damage lol

Also Megaman is kinda gimped in all corners of the match lol. i tried to use him first since im a huge megaman fan, but his playstyle doesnt work when his projectiles are weak as snot, he isnt that quick, and has no damage racking capability outside SEVERELY outplaying your opponent. Which saddens me, i love my blue bomber :'(

Last edited:

K-45

Smash Journeyman
It also goes the other way.

Pre 40% he actually does LESS damage than anybody else, and unless youre borderline 200% he wont be able to kill you very easily when he freshly spawns. I have combo'd people for a good 20seconds and ended up only doing ~35% damage, they manage to break the combo chain with 4-6 hits and i have more damage than them (this is literally any opponent).

As for his sphere, even at 200% damage his sphere doesnt break shields (or even does big damage) and its very obvious since its still slow. Avoid using your 2nd jump if you can, use it when Lucario jumps up/you are falling infront of him. If you fear hes going to do it as you land, try to keep the shield up and do NOT dodge. Thats what most people do to me, and it makes me stop trying to use it as an anti-recovery because they predict it way too easily - forcing me to use it as a combo finisher instead.

Im not saying Lucario is an easy to face opponent and youre a scrub because you cant face him, dont get me wrong. im just pointing in the direction that if you dont predict what hes doing hes going to punish you more than most characters because of his aura. His aura doesnt affect his movement/reflex speeds, and hes a pretty slow character compared to most. Thats why im aggressive with my UpB because its lightning fast, but i will never kill with that unless you are insanely high on damage lol

Also Megaman is kinda gimped in all corners of the match lol. i tried to use him first since im a huge megaman fan, but his playstyle doesnt work when his projectiles are weak as snot, he isnt that quick, and has no damage racking capability outside SEVERELY outplaying your opponent. Which saddens me, i love my blue bomber :'(
its 90% of the match up that annoys me not the character. thanks for the little tips

You're not wrong.

Last edited:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
90%? i know thats bloated but it cant be that far off to claim that high. I actually WISH i would fight lucarios that often - mirror match lucarios are a freakin blast for me. No idea why i love it so much lol i hate mirror matches with any other character.

Top Bottom