• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U So does it feel fresh compared to Smash 3DS?

no1butmenotu

Smash Cadet
IMO, even though it uses the same engine as the 3DS version it does feel a lot different, and I like the fact that when you use the C stick you can charge smash attacks with it now. Also, the 5-8 player smash is awesome, especially when it's teams. 2vs2vs2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4. Puts a different spin on the game altogether. Probably the only thing that I'm disappointed about this game is what I didn't like about the 3ds version. No wolf, ice climbers, and lucas, however, DLC makes some of them as a possibility. Master Orders and Crazy Orders is fun.

People have complained about the fact that there are a lot of returning stages and not too many new ones. I personally don't have a problem with the amount of stages and the stages themselves since I like them all and since there is stage builder. It seems like the lack of stages is this way partially due to the fact that they worked on two versions of the game and didn't delay them at all (well, technically the 3ds version by a couple months, but that wasn't a biggie). I've only played the game for like 3 hours just to unlock all of the characters. More characters are available from the get go compared to the 3ds version.

Haven't fought Master Fortress yet.

Last edited:

elmike

Smash Apprentice
i feel the game much faster!

I dont know if its just a placebo effect, or because an HD tv is obviously better, and everything runs at 60 fps (compared to only characters in 3ds)

For me, it does feels fresh.

Lord Danongore

Smash Cadet
It does feel very different. I played o number of characters last night and my initial impressions were:

Bowser feels very similar to 3DS
Charizard, Donkey Kong, and Link feel FASTER than their handheld counterparts.
Ganondorf feels SLOWER, it was such a chore to play as him. Such a disappointment.

ArchMageDiablo

Smash Cadet
For some reason after all this time with the 3ds I can' seem to do any good on the wii u. However I've noticed some of the characters I'm NOT good with on the 3ds play alot better on the wi u, namely Robin.

Pebbicle

Smash Cadet
You guys are so lucky, in Europe we will have to wait until next week to play the game ;_;

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
I'm in the UK myself
I'm hoping that someone buys it and brings it to the gaming society meet up at my university. It's either that or only being able to play it during holidays due to how my life is. XD
Only problem is someone will need to consistently bring another TV perhaps since there's people that will likely want to still play Project M

Top Bottom