• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, do you think the alternates are going to be different trainers?

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I think it's the most likely option, specially given that there's going to be more variety on the alternates this time around.

If that's the case, I guess the most obvious choices are (besides Red/Ash, the only one confirmed so far) Blue/Gary and Green. It's also likely they'll include Sapphire/May (she had a Bulbasaur in the anime, so she fits) and Pearl/Dawn since she's the most "hyped" character right now.

Also, given that Sakurai likes to include oddball and obscure characters, I'm guessing that at least one alternate will be a more obscure trainer (like Hero from pokemon XD).

Of course, chances are that each Trainer will have different-colored Pokemon (like shinies) or pokemon with hats or ribbons.

So, your thoughts?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm going to go ahead and say that color changes include red, blue, yellow, green, gold, and silver for the most obvious of reasons. As for the Pokemon themselves, there will probably be shiny versions of the Pokemon, once again for the most obvious of reasons. As for the character model...probably not.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
I think the skin and gender will change , but not the pokemon. I'm guess each could have a way to mark who each pokemon belongs too.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
I think the skin and gender will change , but not the pokemon. I'm guess each could have a way to mark who each pokemon belongs too.
Oops, sorry, I was confused about the topic. I agree about the marks, though they'll probably be something like Pikachu's alternates.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
I think red is just gonna have some color changes, and pokemons will change color or wear something weird like pikachu.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I don't think Red will change at all. The demo supports the fact that everyone simply changes colours, while some like Pikachu get some accessories, but not an entire model change.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I'm sure The female trainer from fire red will be in but I think that's about it. Shiny pokes should be in along with pokemon with gear. However I don't know about all the other characters.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Meh, I doubt it. Most likely, the colors will just be different for the PT, and just like all the other pokemon, the three will have some sort of thing to wear. but squirtle sunglasses ftw.

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
While I love the Pokemon anime I don't think we'll be seeing any anime costumes for the Pokemon Trainer. I'm cirtain the trainer himself will have the classic RGBY design.

For the Pokemon we might see accessories like Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Pichu did in Melee (And Pikachu has in Brawl), Shiny Charizard is an obvious choice and I'm still hoping for a Bulbasaur costume for Ivysaur.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
As far as we know, Pokemon Trainer simply stands in the background does actions with his arms and possibly shouts, but we don't even know that much. I'm just guessing he's fairly stationary, maybe runs from side to side in stage, and shots and brings out Pokemon and brings them back, with some sort of Pokeball action.

It would seem as though changing his model to any other human with a few cosmetic changes, but giving them all the same actions should not be difficult, seeing as they only stay in the background. I'm guessing they don't jump, they don't kick or punch. But we won't know anything until we see them in action. I'm pretty excited to see how he and his team work.

In terms of changing the actual Pokemon, as that is who is actually fighting, I would expect color changes and maybe minor accessories. Like many have said, the Squirtle sunglasses, a bow or a ribbon, and maybe a shade to reflect what team color they'll be on.

Pokemon Trainer is probably the one character I most look forward to seeing how he moves and interacts.

Rakath

Smash Ace
They need at least 4 colors (Red, Blue, Green, 4th)

Red is naturally Red.
Green (Blue in English, Gary in the Anime) would be a natural for Green (giving green accessories to the Pokemon)
Blue (Green in English Leaf Green) would be Blue (no, don't ask why the colors are reversed on those two, they are get over it) with blue accessories on the team.
Team Rocket Grunt would be an interesting 4th choice, Yellow (technically a Manga character, but this is my one acception) could fit too. I'd personally perfer Yellow.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see an alt. costume of PT as Lance. (G/S/C Champion, not R/B/Y E4)

I mean possibly the greatest battle theme in any Pokemon game, and so on, or at least as a boss.;)

Guurahk101

Smash Rookie
Depends, changing the character models for certain characters could've been one of the reasons they pushed back the release date.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
If they won't give him an alt of Silver, then give a black jacket with red hair.

squiser

Smash Apprentice
Yeah for some reason playing as one of the female trainers (Fire Red/Leaf Green one plx) is more appealing to me than a male trainer >_>

Also, Sunglasses Squirtle would be enough to push Pokemon Trainer to be my main. <3

LX120

Smash Rookie
I would be really happy if there was a female alternate costume. The girl's design is not only more original, but I believe it wouldn't be fair if a girl trainer was not included. Ever since Crystal, the games has allowed players to choose their character's gender to play throughout the story. I think it would be sexist not to include a female alt, since I personally don't believe the male should have priority over the female if the series is to be properly represented.

jbakajustin

Smash Rookie
IMO

Blue team: Sunglasses
Red team: Clone spots
Green team: Green scarves

Too lazy to think of any others :D
haha yet still i am totally in love with this idea!
but i mean, i think still the same color scheme with the pokemon may be a little bit confusing
but they did it in melee. so whatever

also, i dont think the trainer will really change, just the color of shirt and hair maybe.
but you never know, this WILL be the ultimate game

i cant wait to use this character(s)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
How do males not have priority over females in the series? Look at the first Pokemon games Pokemon Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Stadium, Stadium 2. ALL MALE CHARACTERS. The series originally only had males, none of these skanky ten year olds that have the worst parents in the world for several reasons.
In the Pokemon series males have always been more important than females be it playable characters (originally only male), proffesors (all male), rivals (mostly male), gym leaders and elite 4 members (most are male). Maybe a single alt could be a female PT but mostly they should be males.

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
Most likely PT is going have costume from the other series (diamoind, pearl, and etc) also since PT is not excatly a spefic person there probaly have female version PT.

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
the alt should be misty with brooks folpix and onix and her horsea or starmie or any gym leader would be fine with me

lorelie has some nice pokes also like closter,dewgong,and jyix
(forgive the spelling)

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
-Cool Trainer Boy/girl
-Tough guy
-Red/pink
-Youngster Boy/girl
-Rocket?

Those could be some of the choices

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
i think that could work the rocket at least since they have been a main part of pokemon
younster has like almost all bugs all the time cool trainer would have too many tough pokes and the tough guy would work if they were mostly defence pokes

but what about the gambler he could have moves that delplet the hp like exposion or something

Top Bottom