• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Diddy Kong got nerfed again.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Only reason I'm giving up on the monkey is because this balance patch was just too much after the last one. Down tilt and grab nerfs absolutely suck, as well as most of the changes made to up air. But it's the added end lag to up air that has made me give up on the character. That move is absolutely awful now. I'm so angry about this balance patch that I might even quit this game competitively. I like having security in who I main and there is no security with this game or Project M. It's infuriating.

One thing I've come up with I've seen no-one do is try to incorporate grabbed peanuts. Diddy Kong can grab his own peanut by jump > jump > neutral special > smash side special > air dodge. Not quite sure what really can be done with that, but there might be something useful from it.

Last edited:

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Don't give up on the little buddy yet! Complaining won't do anything, I'm trying to do a lot of things many players don't know about Diddy, and will have a video up soon and hopefully we can advance the meta. Do you guys have anything you think you're doing that no other Diddy mains are?
Thanks dude! Looking forward to seeing what ideas you've got :).

:4diddy:

BlakBlastoise

Smash Rookie
One thing I've come up with I've seen no-one do is try to incorporate grabbed peanuts. Diddy Kong can grab his own peanut by jump > jump > neutral special > smash side special > air dodge. Not quite sure what really can be done with that, but there might be something useful from it.
Sorry, but I fail to think of any situation in which having a peanut in hand would be better than banana in hand. Not to mention that in order to grab your own peanut (tht sounds hilarious lmao) you need to side B, which is universally recognized as the most punishable move in our arsenal. Best case would be that you are leaving banana on ground to cover a roll option or something, and you want a projectile to throw. but in that case you're better off using an aerial/tilt/smash. Peanut would really only be useful in a situation where you want to disrespect your opponent completely lol.

This does sound like it would make for an interesting video from Zero tho. He's already done aerial little mac, and solomar montage. No nanna, peanut in hand diddy would be just as, if not even more epic and disrespectful. Im sure someone of his skill level would easily be able to get footage of that, since peanut actually has decent hit stun (not compared to banana tho), and he is extremely familiar with the character.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Sorry, but I fail to think of any situation in which having a peanut in hand would be better than banana in hand. Not to mention that in order to grab your own peanut (tht sounds hilarious lmao) you need to side B, which is universally recognized as the most punishable move in our arsenal. Best case would be that you are leaving banana on ground to cover a roll option or something, and you want a projectile to throw. but in that case you're better off using an aerial/tilt/smash. Peanut would really only be useful in a situation where you want to disrespect your opponent completely lol.
Side special for most punishable move? I dunno, the new up air is pretty punishable. lol But yeah, I had a hard time figuring out how an option like that could be applied well in a competitive setting. Best scenario I could think of is having the banana in front of you while holding a peanut and using the peanut pop gun. You could cancel the peanut pop gun, throw the projectile out of shield, and punish. Banana provides extra protection for your peanut pop gun and tossing the peanut is faster than using the pop gun.

This does sound like it would make for an interesting video from Zero tho. He's already done aerial little mac, and solomar montage. No nanna, peanut in hand diddy would be just as, if not even more epic and disrespectful. Im sure someone of his skill level would easily be able to get footage of that, since peanut actually has decent hit stun (not compared to banana tho), and he is extremely familiar with the character.
Yeah, that could make for a pretty funny video. His Solomar video was hilarious.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Side B at least is worth the risk in most cases, and you can 'correct' your movement if you are about to get punished at times when you don't chose to kick, but grab instead. Really, I miss Side B and F Air from 1.06 most... 1.06 U Air was just, not fun. I liked 1.07 combo food U Air much more... My ideal Diddy would probably have 1.06 Side B and F Air, and 1.07 U Air. D Tilt also needs to have it's old hitstun back... And F Smash can be sped up like 2 frames again.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
While I don't main Diddy (though I was considering making him a secondary before the latest patch came and royally ****ed him over), I really cannot express how utterly baffling this patch was. The first nerf was fine, it made Diddy's most notorious combo less potent and prevented stagnation of the Diddy meta. That was good and fine.

This patch may well have sent the chimp champ hurtling into the depths of mid-tier to languish forever more. :/ He's now pretty much outclassed by other higher-tier characters at everything; Sheik and Sonic are better at rushdown, Rosalina's better at combos...heck, even Mario's probably better off than Diddy at this point. It's a crying shame, because his previous nerfs worked; I didn't see Diddys left, right and center on FG and it was fine. Now you'll never see Diddy on FG, and his tournament presence will be nearly dead. He's become the new Greninja, it seems; fashionable to nerf for whatever reason.

Luigi player

Smash Master
It's really sad to see him nerfed again, and so much at that... he was previously kinda laughable compared to his former self (he was still good, but more Sheik-oriented in terms of KO power and combos). Uair felt soooo weak ... I'm glad they nerfed uthrow -> uair though, but they should've just changed his uthrow (/dthrow - now it's fine though) instead of weakening his uair to be the 3rd weakest aerial in the game now, just so it doesn't combo-KO after uthrow... Less autocancelframes and slower startup are really annoying, because you have to play slower now and hit later, which is stupid. Brawl Diddy was definitely better than what Diddy is now. He doesn't seem intimidating at all anymore, but he should still be a good character. Imo he's at the bottom of top tier now.

I really hope Sakurai would see that they overnerfed him a little and make his nerfs smaller (buff him again a little). More autocancelframes, frame 3 uair, and stronger uair (make his uthrow trajectory a little differently to not make it combo at high % for "op" kills).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I already thought 1.07 was overnerfed, but I still thought that Diddy was a solid #1 on the tier list in 1.07 at the very least... Yes, he's weaker now, and significantly so. I agree with the Greninja statement mentoined earlier... Diddy is now just a phantom of what he was before... His change in direction from a more rushdown character whilst originally (in Brawl) being far more campy was great! It really made a difference, and I loved how Diddy was the "heavy weight of the light weights". Like, he was a legit power character before 1.07, and now...? He's just an oppertunist character... Who takes up to 160%~180% to effectively finish people. Am really gonna start to practice my D Air skills, because Diddy needs gimps now to be effective.

What bothers me to is that his off-stage game is so bad... I wish they could just make his Neutral Air much, much better, so he at least has one solid air attack to function with F Air. Can't really mix up B Air and F Air too well after all, but Diddy mix ups between F Air, N Air and B Air would be amazing. N Air would be the middle ground, and you could follow up with either attack. Also make his innitial recovery better, so he can have an actual off-stage game. I think that would make Diddy fun again... With just an adjustment to just two attacks!

I know this will likely not happen... But, to keep some kind of optimism around... Is Greninja still getting nerfed each patch? Or did Sakurai already show him mercy?

Why couldn't he just nerf the living **** out of Sheik instead..? :urg:

Luigi player

Smash Master
I already thought 1.07 was overnerfed, but I still thought that Diddy was a solid #1 on the tier list in 1.07 at the very least... Yes, he's weaker now, and significantly so. I agree with the Greninja statement mentoined earlier... Diddy is now just a phantom of what he was before... His change in direction from a more rushdown character whilst originally (in Brawl) being far more campy was great! It really made a difference, and I loved how Diddy was the "heavy weight of the light weights". Like, he was a legit power character before 1.07, and now...? He's just an oppertunist character... Who takes up to 160%~180% to effectively finish people. Am really gonna start to practice my D Air skills, because Diddy needs gimps now to be effective.

What bothers me to is that his off-stage game is so bad... I wish they could just make his Neutral Air much, much better, so he at least has one solid air attack to function with F Air. Can't really mix up B Air and F Air too well after all, but Diddy mix ups between F Air, N Air and B Air would be amazing. N Air would be the middle ground, and you could follow up with either attack. Also make his innitial recovery better, so he can have an actual off-stage game. I think that would make Diddy fun again... With just an adjustment to just two attacks!

I know this will likely not happen... But, to keep some kind of optimism around... Is Greninja still getting nerfed each patch? Or did Sakurai already show him mercy?

Yeah the rushdown was more fun... now he has to play a lot safer and campy kinda like in Brawl except it's less effective and he has less options (2 bananas were soo~ fun). Especially with his grabs now being even laggier (they had no range to begin with so I never saw a problem with them).

Actually Greninja only really got nerfed once. The other things were mostly "bugs", though he still has his shadow sneak hitstun-cancel...
Now in the latest one he got a really nice ftilt buff, so there's not all hope lost.
I'd be for a Sheik fair hitbox nerf, since it kinda beats out almost everything right now, lol. I think she'd be fine then while not losing her game completely (like Diddy has).
They should really revert some of the nerfs for Diddy. At least for the uair. It's so stupid. He was pretty nice before 1.08 in the previous patch. Not too broken, but still amazing (even if really weak aside from fsmash). Patches really bring bad things with them... imo the game would be much better overall if it didn't get patched at all.
The 3DS days were the best, since you could vector vertically, which really helped to keep combos in check and not make anything too broken, it also gave a much more free feeling you'd have while playing the game, since you could influence more, which was amazing tbh. Diddy was a great character then and dthrow fair wasn't guaranteed with rage and at high %, while he didn't KO without rage (if the % were high enough he most likely couldn't even reach his opponent), dthrow uair also wasn't a problem since it stopped working kinda soon. He had fun combos at low %, strong moves, but he wasn't too broken to need a nerf. Greninja was also a little overnerfed, imo (actually, I wouldn't have nerfed him in the first place, except the sideB landindlagcancel, since that was a stupid bug, even though it was neat tech for him... :p ).
It would've been a fun game with a few really amazing "lead characters" (Diddy, Sheik, Greninja, Lucario (okay he was kinda stupid, but somewhat fun to have him be that broken), Sonic, ZSS and I'm guessing other characters would have developed their game better as well, like Luigi and maybe CF; Megamans upB hitstun cancel was also really nice to have, etcetc).
The patches really did some nice jobs in terms of buffs for some characters, but the nerfs are imo too much for some. :/
I really don't get why Sakurai nerfed Diddy SO much again. It really must've been because Zero won that tourney in Japan. Wish he played Sheik instead there... xD

Last edited:

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Yeah the rushdown was more fun... now he has to play a lot safer and campy kinda like in Brawl except it's less effective and he has less options (2 bananas were soo~ fun). Especially with his grabs now being even laggier (they had no range to begin with so I never saw a problem with them).

Actually Greninja only really got nerfed once. The other things were mostly "bugs", though he still has his shadow sneak hitstun-cancel...
Now in the latest one he got a really nice ftilt buff, so there's not all hope lost.
I'd be for a Sheik fair hitbox nerf, since it kinda beats out almost everything right now, lol. I think she'd be fine then while not losing her game completely (like Diddy has).
They should really revert some of the nerfs for Diddy. At least for the uair. It's so stupid. He was pretty nice before 1.08 in the previous patch. Not too broken, but still amazing (even if really weak aside from fsmash). Patches really bring bad things with them... imo the game would be much better overall if it didn't get patched at all.
The 3DS days were the best, since you could vector vertically, which really helped to keep combos in check and not make anything too broken, it also gave a much more free feeling you'd have while playing the game, since you could influence more, which was amazing tbh. Diddy was a great character then and dthrow fair wasn't guaranteed with rage and at high %, while he didn't KO without rage (if the % were high enough he most likely couldn't even reach his opponent), dthrow uair also wasn't a problem since it stopped working kinda soon. He had fun combos at low %, strong moves, but he wasn't too broken to need a nerf. Greninja was also a little overnerfed, imo (actually, I wouldn't have nerfed him in the first place, except the sideB landindlagcancel, since that was a stupid bug, even though it was neat tech for him... :p ).
It would've been a fun game with a few really amazing "lead characters" (Diddy, Sheik, Greninja, Lucario (okay he was kinda stupid, but somewhat fun to have him be that broken), Sonic, ZSS and I'm guessing other characters would have developed their game better as well, like Luigi and maybe CF; Megamans upB hitstun cancel was also really nice to have, etcetc).
The patches really did some nice jobs in terms of buffs for some characters, but the nerfs are imo too much for some. :/
I really don't get why Sakurai nerfed Diddy SO much again. It really must've been because Zero won that tourney in Japan. Wish he played Sheik instead there... xD
Yeah this has become the "patch something once it's good" game. I'm afraid that people will not have any stability with who they main. I figured that once Diddy had been nerfed back in April that they would not touch him again. I was cool with the patch, everyone knew Diddy was too strong, ok he still plays somewhat similar to how he did so I was happy and just learned the new way he should be played. He was still solid and extremely fun, not broken at all and still able to compete with the other top tiers. This patch they have just ruined our little chimp. It had hardly been 2 months and they nerf him again (while leaving characters like Luigi and Sheik alone :( ). At this point I don't feel like they'll stop. I feel like I'm going to invest my time into figuring out a new way he should be played with these nerfs and then the next patch they'll change everything up again. I'll always main Diddy, but it's gonna suck if they continue to nerf a character because people complain about him or because the best player in the world plays him.

:4diddy:

Last edited:

Orocket

Smash Cadet

Yeah Diddy is one of those characters whose opponents survive until insanely high percents. Unlike characters like Sheik and Pikachu, though, Diddy does not have a strong offstage game. It is very difficult to rely on gimps to get kills because he simply isn't safe going offstage. The only way to get an early kill with Diddy is with banana to fsmash, otherwise your opponent is living until about 170% ~ 200% :(. Sometimes you can hit them with a surprise dair offtsage, which is pretty good and really satisfying to land because Diddy's dair is awesome, but this isn't as easy as going offstage with Sheiks fair or Pikachu's bair.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah one's never safe with their main as long as the character is high tier or better, kinda stupid.

Btw I just tested grab endlag out of curiosity:
("<" means the character on the left has less endinglag than the one on the right :p)
Luigi < Diddy < Ness/Charizard

I tested normal grab and dashgrab. It seems the endinglag for grabs is made more unique for characters this time around. Diddys +3 frames this patch made him slower than the fastest ones like Luigi, but he's still rather fast, so it's not too bad.

Btw, just played 1.06 Diddy on my 3DS, damn, uair was so awesome... why Sakurai ;__; it feels so much slower and the autocancel was so helpful...

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Side B at least is worth the risk in most cases, and you can 'correct' your movement if you are about to get punished at times when you don't chose to kick, but grab instead. Really, I miss Side B and F Air from 1.06 most... 1.06 U Air was just, not fun. I liked 1.07 combo food U Air much more... My ideal Diddy would probably have 1.06 Side B and F Air, and 1.07 U Air. D Tilt also needs to have it's old hitstun back... And F Smash can be sped up like 2 frames again.
1.0.6 and 1.0.7 were exactly the same, the only gameplay difference was the removal of glitches pertaining to Mewtwo. Monkey flip and fair were nerfed in 1.0.6 along with uair (but to a far lesser extent than in 1.0.8).

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
The dumb part is that Sheik didn't get touched at all. Her needles still destroy 90% of the cast totally free.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1.0.6 and 1.0.7 were exactly the same, the only gameplay difference was the removal of glitches pertaining to Mewtwo. Monkey flip and fair were nerfed in 1.0.6 along with uair (but to a far lesser extent than in 1.0.8).
Yes I made a mistake there, I actually meant 1.05, before Mewtwo was in.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I've been super depressed about this game as of late because of the Diddy Kong nerfs. If it weren't for how much I've gotten invested into this game, weren't for how addicted I am to Smash streams, and how my social life would go to hell in NorCal if I stopped playing it, I would drop this game. Those three reasons are the only reasons I'm not quitting. So damn frustrating.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Apperantly, Anti hasn't dropped Diddy yet!

Hoo Hah nation still lives! :4diddy:

Lylo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chompypy
3DS FC
0490-8557-3079
Imo we still have better kill moves than Sheik and Pikachu.
I still get good results with Up tilt, Dtilt-Usmash, Dtilt-RAR Bair, Nana-Fsmash.

Ofc our off stage game sucks tho :(

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Denti won the latest Shockwave tournament as Diddy Kong, and he primarily used f-air and b-air as combo tools.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Might I say that I'm truly sorry for this loss. Second, Diddy now has to bait with his peanut popgun and the presence of his banana. I feel the issue is that since u-air can't combo as well not even though the kill power was removed in 1.07, He can only get optimal punishes with the banana and he can't get a strong approach option without staying the distance. I don't think he is top tier anymore, just high mid. The buff to his jab and down throw were really not appropriate being so minimal and situational for the d-tilt and the down throw not really being able to inflict enough hitstun since the damage is still bad especially since up throw got a damage nerf.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still think he's a Top Tier, just barely outside of the Top 5 now, but he definitely isn't as versatile as before anymore... I just hope this won't get worse, because we're just one nerf away from F Air to Mid Tier... Diddy was one of those characters who was a legit "friendly" Top Tier. He destroyed some characters, but was mainly with a lot of 50-50 matchups all around the cast. Especially in 1.07, who I felt was way more fun than 1.05 Diddy.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I still think he's a Top Tier, just barely outside of the Top 5 now, but he definitely isn't as versatile as before anymore... I just hope this won't get worse, because we're just one nerf away from F Air to Mid Tier... Diddy was one of those characters who was a legit "friendly" Top Tier. He destroyed some characters, but was mainly with a lot of 50-50 matchups all around the cast. Especially in 1.07, who I felt was way more fun than 1.05 Diddy.
How on earth is he still top tier?

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Yeah I have to agree with W.A.C here, that up-air got butchered to hell, it can't kill, approach or even combo reliably anymore, it wasn't really even know for juggling, just comboing. the throws do even less damage now except for down throw but the extra damage really does not help and d-tilt got a damage reduction too. Might as well nerf Donkey Kong's as well since that traps too.

Dr. Bread

Smash Apprentice
Imo we still have better kill moves than Sheik and Pikachu.
I still get good results with Up tilt, Dtilt-Usmash, Dtilt-RAR Bair, Nana-Fsmash.

Ofc our off stage game sucks tho :(
not really, diddy's smashes are good, but sheik and pikachu actually have hit confirms into killmoves, which diddy pretty much lacks... he might be able to d-tilt:fair near the ledge at like 130%? other than that idk

the main point is that the nerfs threw off his game, he hardly plays like the same character. I think the solution was to just nerf U-air KBG... if u-air's kgb was nerfed it would've made much more sense than nerfing its base knockback and its damage.

Diddy is still decent at winning neutral against many (but not all) characters, but his ability to capitalize off of successful pressure is now lower than almost any character, and you can just return to neutral again.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Diddy is still Hit Confirm: The Character thanks to JCIT bananas.
Except now better, and I mean BETTER Hit Confirm: The Characters Exist

(:4luigi::4pikachu::4sheik:)

Diddy's basically attempting to be them today, but sucks so hard that it'll bring in Dixie in Sm4sh for Diddy-mains to move in for potentially better and more reliable character.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Except now better, and I mean BETTER Hit Confirm: The Characters Exist

(:4luigi::4pikachu::4sheik:)

Diddy's basically attempting to be them today, but sucks so hard that it'll bring in Dixie in Sm4sh for Diddy-mains to move in for potentially better and more reliable character.
Uhh....he's not attempting to be any of those dudes so idk what you're talking about. He may be competing with Luigi in-terms of killing earlier but he's not outclassed by them because he has well, different strengths and weaknesses than them, such as a better time killing compared to Sheik and Pikachu and well having a noticeably better neutral than Luigi. I'm only bringing up one thing at a time because I don't won't really see why I need to need to compare Diddy to each character and point out each and every difference to show you how ridiculous your statement is.

Can't we all just admit Diddy Kong's u-air got needlessly trashed, but Diddy Kong is still a great character and not a character that is outclassed at all. Diddy Kong still has one of the best neutral game and it transitions very smoothly with nice moves like b-air, f-air, bananas, and his tilts to have a good off-stage game and f-smash makes him have a good early kill confirm which none of those characters can 100% guarantee getting off.

Last edited:

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
You know, not sure if anyone else feels this way, but diddy kong was the least brain dead of the top tiers, or at least when he used to be top tier. He feels high mid to me now, let us face it, u-air got butchered so a good approach option got killed completely. Kind of just has to wait around with the banana hoping you get scared. Actually Rosaluma was probably the least brain dead one but my point is there, no free combos with diddy, had to work for them most of the time.

Last edited:

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
As a Diddy Kong main, I am quite sad that Diddy Kong's Up Air was heavily nerfed. Not only is it harder to combo with, but it's somehow harder to kill with. I thought the last patch nerf was fine, but THIS. This...is kinda unnecessary. Despite that, I'm still gonna main him.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
The next patch, they have to destroy Luigi.
Dude this game would be fine if this game got 0 nerfs since, there will always be a top tier and Sheik and Luigi are pretty balanced top tier characters in the sense that they're nothing more than really strong characters and don't do anything like invalidate a portion of the cast; I think we can live without a character getting destroyed.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
Dude this game would be fine if this game got 0 nerfs since, there will always be a top tier and Sheik and Luigi are pretty balanced top tier characters in the sense that they're nothing more than really strong characters and don't do anything like invalidate a portion of the cast; I think we can live without a character getting destroyed.
Luigi actually is a kind of 1.04 diddy!
Maybe also better.
He has too strong and too fast moves, too many and powerful combos, too kill moves, a godlike grab... it's indecent.
People whined all the time about diddy, and diddy wasn't simply nerfed.
He was over nerfed.
So now Luigi deserves the same treatment, and I'm sorry for this because I'm agree with you, but they can't destroy a char for no reason and keep intact a way stronger char. If sakurai decided to ruin the fun of his own game to "balance" it, he must to do so until the end.
I don't feel any fun to play this game anymore, so for me personally the game is already completely ruined. At least I want the same treatment for all people (and laughing on the faces of all people whined about diddy only to climb on the bandwagon of Sheik and Luigi)

Sheik has to be nerfed only in her f-air, imho

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik wouldn't nearly be as good if it wasn't for her Needles. If those would get nerfed, she basically becomes a totally different character.

Luigi should get ruined similary to how we got ruined, make his D Throw ****ty, nerf knockback damage and priority on N Air and F Air, make them lots slower to. And also nerf the Cyclone.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I don't even know if I want to play this game competitively anymore. Even after all the horrible nerfs, Diddy Kong is still my favorite character in the game but he's nowhere near as fun as he used to be. I'm beyond frustrated and a lot of matchups now sound like a massive pain the ass because Diddy's kill power is such trash outside of forward smash and down air, plus his frame data has gotten ****ed with hardcore after the last two balance patches all while Shiek and Luigi are left alone. It's unreal.

Last edited:

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Ok enough with the nerfing and let us get serious. Nobody needed nerfs except before the mewtwo patch with diddy cause his u-air was a bit too strong. What we need to realize is how do we buff up the other character well enough that they are competent enough? Quickhero has a point here that I will address, Sakurai needs to use the LoL strategy of balancing, work from the bottom tiers all the way to the top tiers.

Dr. Bread

Smash Apprentice
if i were to nerf sheik, i would do it by making it so that her needles had fixed knockback, at least on the ground. Perhaps its ok for her aerial needles to have knockback growth, but for ground needles, no.

alternatively it might be rewarding to make them fly out faster, as in her 6 needles get launched in a shorter window, and thus are easier to shield or dodge.

In the matter of luigi, there's actually a bunch of fair ways to nerf him. My first suggestion would be to nerf his back-throw, since he can down-throw into kill options, having a kill throw on top of that is a liiiittle unfair, and i think nerfing back-throw would be a solid way to nerf luigi without destroying him. My second suggestion would be to nerf the damage on some of his aerials so that he didn't rack up damage quiiite as fast. Other than that... idk if there's some way to nerf the priority on his attacks, i'd say that'd be a solid way to nerf him.

i feel like any of these ways would be a solid way to reduce luigi's viability without destroying him as a character... unlike certain other characters' nerfs.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think Sakurai got the right idea with some character's buffs. Some characters really have gotten better this patch, prime examples being Ike and Charizard probably. But DK, Zelda, Samus and others also got buffs. So I hope he soon realises that Diddy didn't need all these nerfs, and should design him back to how he was intended, buffing the rest of the cast with him slightly. All he needs now is a solid kill move / set up from about 120~140%. He'd then be less frustrating to play as, because getting KOs now sometimes is a real hassle. I personally hope F Air gets a little stronger, D Smash to, Side B kick and obviously U Air. Make U Air a power move or something, cause it doesn't have much function now anyway...

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Honestly, some characters don't even need to have all options available to them, they just need what they do currently to be buffed. Prime example being Marth, great zoner with some combos, only mediocre now, but they are almost there, his jab pushed him up really high up the list, high mid now. Another example being Ganon, just give him natural heavy armor like bowser so he can't be comboed at low percents and make him move faster through moves, custom down b being an awesome example.

Top Bottom