• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS So can you K.O friends in Smash Run?

Ashpash

Smash Rookie
I haven't been watching many streams, and the majority mostly stream 1v1 matches (haven't seen anyone play smash run, but I'm sure they have).

Are you able to K.O CPUs/friends in the Smash Run map? As in, can you hunt down your friends (or meet up by chance) and try to K.O them? Does the screen lock in place just like when you're sent flying by an enemy attack?

Also, do you get to steal their dropped power ups (if they even drop them) like in City Trial?

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice
From what I've heard you cannot see each other in the Smash Run map when getting the power ups (even when you're in the same spot) so if that's true then that's kind of a bummer :/

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Dang, I really wanted to hunt my friends... Honestly i'm just going to play smash run for the references and the amazing power boosts. The 1-minute match/race/climb isn't satisfying.

Ashpash

Smash Rookie
Dang, I really wanted to hunt my friends... Honestly i'm just going to play smash run for the references and the amazing power boosts. The 1-minute match/race/climb isn't satisfying.
This is from the Smash Run page on Smashpedia: "Players will also have to be careful while adventuring, as there are enemies that can steal their power-ups, as well as the risk of getting power-ups knocked out of them by other players that they might meet up with"

I thought I heard you could meet up with people on the map from Sakurai himself, he said "he advises against it during the 5 minutes" because you miss out on getting your own boosts. I'm just really surprised there's no specific answer yet LOL, the first thing I want to do when I get the game is start smash run, and K.O the first unlucky CPU I find!

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I mean dang, the games out in Japan and we all have different answers? Someone ask GameXplain or something! :4duckhunt:

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
This is from the Smash Run page on Smashpedia: "Players will also have to be careful while adventuring, as there are enemies that can steal their power-ups, as well as the risk of getting power-ups knocked out of them by other players that they might meet up with"

I thought I heard you could meet up with people on the map from Sakurai himself, he said "he advises against it during the 5 minutes" because you miss out on getting your own boosts. I'm just really surprised there's no specific answer yet LOL, the first thing I want to do when I get the game is start smash run, and K.O the first unlucky CPU I find!
I recall hearing this information as well. I haven't seen anyone play multiplayer Smash Run, though, only with computers (which could perhaps be isolated for computational purposes?

Ashpash

Smash Rookie
I recall hearing this information as well. I haven't seen anyone play multiplayer Smash Run, though, only with computers (which could perhaps be isolated for computational purposes?
You could be right, I never thought about having some differences between single player Smash Run and Multiplayer. I also remember seeing a screenshot (an older pic of the day showing Wii Fit Trainer running near some other character in Smash Run, which proves you can see your opponents at least)
I mean dang, the games out in Japan and we all have different answers? Someone ask GameXplain or something! :4duckhunt:
IKR! I'm really surprised nobody's found out for certain yet. I'm sure somebody knows, I'm just waiting for them to find this thread... I know I'll check Smash Run as soon as I get the game in 2 weeks. We know for sure it's not online multiplayer enabled though, only local.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
No interactions during power-up. You can fight each other at the end unless its multiman.

Metarai

Smash Apprentice
I watched two guys play, they tried to meet up but couldn't see each other, they could see chests that the other person opened though. So you cant KO other people during Smash Run.

Ashpash

Smash Rookie
No interactions during power-up. You can fight each other at the end unless its multiman.
I watched two guys play, they tried to meet up but couldn't see each other, they could see chests that the other person opened though. So you cant KO other people during Smash Run.
Do you think it has to do with being registered friends on the 3DS? I know I'm grasping at straws here but I seriously hope they didn't remove the feature of seeing the other characters. Like, I really wouldn't understand why they'd remove something that fun

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I think it was originally intended to be that way. You would see the other players on the map as you explored the map and choose to engage in a fight or ignore them completely. I think online was intended as well at one point in development.

The online was ultimately scrapped, so maybe the meet ups were scrapped as well, perhaps for technical issues?

Top Bottom