• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... Are The Wonky Hitboxes Fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
I can't test the character for quite some time, but reading the patch notes, I'm seeing a lot of hitboxes made bigger and/or moved around, particularly on his tilts and aerials. The fact that these moves didn't match the animations was always something that I found intensely annoying, and what made me eventually drop him altogether. Has anyone tested this patch out? Do things line up now? Please say yes...

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I can't test the character for quite some time, but reading the patch notes, I'm seeing a lot of hitboxes made bigger and/or moved around, particularly on his tilts and aerials. The fact that these moves didn't match the animations was always something that I found intensely annoying, and what made me eventually drop him altogether. Has anyone tested this patch out? Do things line up now? Please say yes...
I don't think the update containing patches is out yet.
I'll get back to you as soon as they are, though!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'll say this much: the hitboxes on Uair still do not come even close to matching the animation.

godogod

Smash Ace
Agreed. When you're trying to hit someone from behind you with your up air, it whiffs ever so often. Same with up tilt. But its definitely better overall. The htbox increases in up air helped quite a bit in connecting imo.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Agreed. When you're trying to hit someone from behind you with your up air, it whiffs ever so often. Same with up tilt. But its definitely better overall. The htbox increases in up air helped quite a bit in connecting imo.
Yes it did.

There's a "sword trail" that Uair makes right in front of Mewtwo that also lacks a hitbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom