• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So are the Final Destination for all stages only in "For Glory"?

Jalio_the_Brave

Smash Cadet
Just curious. The way Sakurai stated it, it seemed like it was only available in "For Glory" online mode.

Thoughts?

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
He did make it seem like that, didn't he? I really hope its optional in some kind of stage sub menu.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I'm pretty sure there'd be offline as well. There's plenty of people who would like to play "For Glory" offline.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Would seem kinda pointless to limit it only to online play. If anything I bet you can hold L while choosing a stage to turn it into a FD stage or something. Or maybe you click X to toggle the FD stages on or off.

Anyways, what my main concern is that it is only FD. It really should be Battlefield only. Maybe add a platform or 4 in each of the FD stages to make them feel a bit more unique.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I interpretted it as "people who compete hardcore play Final Destination a lot, so that's the only stage in For Glory mode."

"....oh, speaking of that, I forgot. Almost every stage will have a final destination mode." Feels more like it's available everywhere, not just online.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Hope it's not For Glory mode only. I really like you can set a theme to final destination and would not like it if it was restricted to online. It'd be cool if stage skins had a menu like My Music does, and you could just pick how likely you are to get a skin of a stage.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
No they showed Pong on Pyro Destination which means it's very likely to be for offline too.

And just as common sense, why would they make an extensive feature and then only let it be used online.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I really hope the For Glory stages are available elsewhere.

Seeing Palutena's Temple being so freaking huge made me sad, but I'll play it all day in For Glory mode.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Good catch
No they showed Pong on Pyro Destination which means it's very likely to be for offline too.

And just as common sense, why would they make an extensive feature and then only let it be used online.
Good catch. Mystery solved lol.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I doubt they'd add platforms considering that made a Battlefield Destination
They can keep Battlefield Destination, but adding some platforms shouldn't take as much time than making more competitive stages. It also adds more variety so I see no problem. It is still 7 months from release, they can make some changes to it.

plokoon9619

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
I really hope the For Glory stages are turned off. Its completely ******** to remove even simple things such as platforms, even the Project M ******* didn't do remove that much.

Just curious. The way Sakurai stated it, it seemed like it was only available in "For Glory" online mode.

Thoughts?
Apparently you can access them in other modes, somehow. During the Assist Trophy montage, there's this:
wright.jpg
which shows items being used on a Final Destination-like stage.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I can see it being like how in Brawl there were seperate screens for the stages. One for new stages, one for Melee and one for custom. Now there can be an extra one for FD versions.

Icylobster

Smash Rookie
I hope that over time they may let battlefield maps into For Glory as well. Ideally the ability to choose only FD, only Battlefield, or either. Regardless, I'm optimistic, they said they were open to patching the game in the future.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I hope that over time they may let battlefield maps into For Glory as well. Ideally the ability to choose only FD, only Battlefield, or either. Regardless, I'm optimistic, they said they were open to patching the game in the future.
Considering you won't be able to pick stages in fG and that they don't want to divide the modes further, I'm doubtful.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Why does every single thread that mentions for glory devolve into "boohoo battlefiiiiieeeeeld whyyyyyyy"? It should be just a simple question, not the same debate we've had a thousand times yet again.

Anyway, I think it's been pretty well-proven that they'll all be offline.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I'm hoping each of the barebones stage variants can be used as templates for stages in the Stage Editor. That way you could make custom game themed stages. It wouldn't be very difficult to implement. and you could even make versions of stages you like, minus the hazards to make them more competition friendly

If there even is a stage editor, goddammit...

Last edited:
Top Bottom