• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, any changes to the King this fine day?

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
I have yet to notice anything, but I only played him for a few minutes. Too hyped for :4ryu: to focus too much on him. But not to worry, ok King, I'll be back soon.

But seriously, buffs? Nerfs? Invincible 3X speed Gordos?

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
Actually, yes. Gordos now have 400 invincibility frames after you hit it.

But apart from that, I haven't noticed anything. Still being the best.

Last edited:

CaptainKrook

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1891-2409-3047
I believe that they made him faster when charging up the down B. It seems like he moves faster, but I'm not sure.

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
From my two minutes in training, I can conclude that the king got no changes! (I think) But that's okay we'll love the pudgy big guy no matter what... even if he has an escapable jab combo... or a wonky air... and several other flaws........

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna play some newly buffed charizard and ike!

Werewoof

Smash Rookie
After playing a few matches online I can say a change I noticed is that you can no longer release the Down+B Jethammer charge by using the A button.

axelalexzander

Smash Cadet
I played a ton of matches today as DDD. I can't notice anything. I even tried out the Jethammer on several occassions and it feels the same. It's sad that Dedede got nothing, crossing my fingers for next update.

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari
I think they nerfed gordo's hitbox again. something feels off about it. someone who has 2 copies of the game that aren't on different platforms should test this

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
From my testing, D3 is exactly the same.

This is consistent with past patches as well. Sakurai is happy with the King how he is.

ZeThundaRippa

Smash Cadet
Maine, you know, the place mistaken for Canada.
NNID
zethundarippa
3DS FC
5129-0353-6718
This doesn't concern most, but since I have a Triple D amiibo I've actually just noticed that Triple D CPU's can finally angle their gordos. Not sure if it happened in this patch or the previous, pretty sure it was this one though.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
This doesn't concern most, but since I have a Triple D amiibo I've actually just noticed that Triple D CPU's can finally angle their gordos. Not sure if it happened in this patch or the previous, pretty sure it was this one though.
Finally!
I can finally teach that amiibo to be decent.

Top Bottom