• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So about that buff to Link's recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
You think he will be way more viable now? That recovery looks sick.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
It certainly gives him another seemingly reliable recovery. I wonder if that's the farthest it can extend? What ever the case it certainly won't hurt his chances at being more competitive.

I can definitely see where this recovery would come in handy over his usual recovery being at that spot off the stage.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
If it's still possible to cancel the tether and perform an up-B, this will offer the chance to mixup the recovery quite a bit.

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
Will the move be this long when he's not grabbing a ledge? If this is his basic zair length then he's gonna have some sweet spacing capabilities!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Will the move be this long when he's not grabbing a ledge? If this is his basic zair length then he's gonna have some sweet spacing capabilities!
Possibly, but probably not. It probably only goes this far when you are in range of a ledge.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Did his up-b height get boosted?
We think so. Hard to be certain, but someone mentioned in another topic that during the last Direct Link used his Up B on the returning stage Jungle Japes. They then went to Brawl used Link's Up B and found it did not have the same height as in the Direct.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I'm not the only one who noticed those extremely thin wires connecting him and Samus in the screenshot am I?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm not the only one who noticed those extremely thin wires connecting him and Samus in the screenshot am I?
I think those are part of the stage background. Link's jumps and UpB also got more height to help his recovery and mobility. :)

Fools Requiem

Smash Cadet
I'll be honest, unless they buff Link's second jump and spin attack, I doubt a longer hook shot is going to make a difference.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'll be honest, unless they buff Link's second jump and spin attack, I doubt a longer hook shot is going to make a difference.
See above post. Also from the sticky-ed thread:
Edit, after looking at the video further https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs
2:07 Fsmash is back, hopefully it will hit behind Link farther so opponents can't roll through it. Link then uses his upB for much greater height :lol:
At 15:41 it show Link and it looks like his slashes will be more vertical like Marth's :). His Jumps are higher too and he kept his Uair. Bair, Nair and Fair confirmed.
9:10 Link's jump looks higher. His Spin attack might cover a greater vertical distance but it's not Melee's SA :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom