• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snapshots, Riivolution, and CSPs

RedFire

Smash Rookie
I'm having 2 problems involving all three of these at the moment.

I know I ask alot of questions on this site, which is sort of making me look like a noob ,but knowledge is power.

Problem #1:

Whenever I run Riivolution with a slightly modified version of TSON's XML (I load my codes from private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/Brawl.gct) I can't save any replays or snapshots to my SD Card. If it makes any difference, and i'm trying to avoid talking about anything IOS related on this website, I always have my USB Drive plugged into the Wii with certain modifications allowing me to use it with the HBC. However, I don't load Riivolution FROM the USB. It's just plugged in while I run Riivolution from my SD.

Problem #2:

Once I have that problem fixed, I can make CSPs, right ? Well, thats where Youtube comes in. Does anybody know any good Youtube tutorials for CSPs ? I use GIMP and I want to know how to remove the magneta background completely (magic wand always leaves ugly magneta outlines).

Thanks for all of those who took their time to read this lengthy post. G'Night and I hope my post gets answered in the morning. Thanks for all the much needed help. :)

Afrohawk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Afrohawk
I'm not actually sure about the first problem as I'm having the exact same problem myself. It'd be wonderful if this question were answered soon as I currently am making more CSPs myself.

As for the CSPs, what are you using to make them? Like are you using a snapshot and then ripping the render directly from it or are using some other image? I myself just took a few snapshots, used the Brawl Decoder to make them into images, saved the images I wanted to use as .PNGs, then manually ripped them. Since they were .jpg I had to add an alpha channel, but that added the transparency for me. Then once I cropped and sized them to the correct size (128x160 I believe) I just replaced them in BrawlBox and I just tested them. They work out fine.

If you're trying to rip 'em the way I did, magic wand tool works but there's a few things you should do to make it easier on yourself.

1: Take the picture with a solid background. If you use Smashville and simply move the camera all the way around, it creates a perfect black background for your character. It limits the amount of poses you can do, but it makes it easier. I think you can also use the Waiting Room as well for a good light background in case your render has black around its outline.

2. The magic wand tool does occasionally leave stuff, but scaling it down sometimes blends it with your render so you can't see it on your screen. Keep that in mind when considering what to delete and what not to.

3. If you can't get rid of it the easy way with the magic wand and color select tools, you may have to get in there and start deleting manually. It's a little harder and longer, but it's worth it.

At least, that's what I would do. I'm sure there are easier ways to do it.

Dr.Mario84

Smash Cadet
For your first problem, you can't let Riivolution use your SD card and expect to save snapshots and replays. Try using the USB for your Riivolution files instead and make sure your SD card isn't SDHC.

For your second problem, learn how to use the pen tool and how to select by color.

Top Bottom