• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's Final Smash (Invert?)

Fire7Man7Dan7

Smash Rookie
I apologize if this has been asked before. I searched and could not find anything on the topic. But does anyone know if there will be an option to invert the aim on Snake's Final Smash? I play a lot of Smash and a lot of Shooters. And not having the ability to invert might kind of throw up my aim during his Final Smash. :confused:

Fire7Man7Dan7

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know if you can aim it with the IR camera on the Wiimote instead of using the joystick? If you can, would aiming the Dragoon work the same way?

Arteen

Smash Lord
It seems like Sakurai didn't think of everything. I hadn't even thought of this, but I always use inverted controls, so this will screw me up. :ohwell:

Kruton

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if you can aim it with the IR camera on the Wiimote instead of using the joystick? If you can, would aiming the Dragoon work the same way?
No.

IR is not used in Brawl at all (other than Shake Smash).

Kruton

Smash Ace
It seems like Sakurai didn't think of everything. I hadn't even thought of this, but I always use inverted controls, so this will screw me up. :ohwell:

Is it REALLY that big of a deal?

If you guys worry about your inverts so much, go play a shooter. This is a FIGHTING game.

I'm really tired of people finding the most minute details they can conjure up, seeing that it isn't in the game and going "Oh Sakurai screwed up!", or "Man, Sakurai didn't think of everything!" It's childish.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Honestly it's not even a big deal, I mean what percent of the game actually requires you to aim like a shooter.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
if you play inverted dont fret, aiming the Grenade launcher is a bit slow and creates a small drag. You'll become familiar with the non-inverted control within the first shot. I often play with an inverted Y, but you catch on pretty quick. The only real drawback is the fact that while you aim you still have no control over the camera's fixed point, so sometimes when a player is killed and respawns on a platform the camera angle will widen the stage and effect your aim. The same happens on wide battlegrounds such as NP city or Hyrule, but you get 12 shots, so this drawback is hardly anything to be worried about.

Fire7Man7Dan7

Smash Rookie
Good to know! Thanks for the info Snake. Good to hear from someone who has experienced this first hand and can attest to the difficulty (or in the case not difficult) of adjusting to non inverted Y. :-D

Top Bottom