• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's conversation about sonic

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
So I found out how to use snake's codec as his taunt. It's the same as transforming to power suit samus mid battle by pressing up down up on the d-pad.

It was in Japanese so I couldn't understand the whole conversation. I did manage to hear snake call Otocon a "baka" in japanese which is "idiot" in English, and judging from the tone of their voices it sounds like snake asked something about Sonic and otocon replied with a really stupid remark. I laughed pretty hard when Snake just paused for a little bit and called him an idiot though.

Just thought I'd share

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
He pretty much says that he can't get used to Sonic. Otakon asks why, since he's one of the most wanted Characters in the game. Snake says "I don't know. For some reason, he just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the theme."

Take a minute to think about that joke.

Lol @ semi self-referential 3rd party joke

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
He pretty much says that he can't get used to Sonic. Otakon asks why, since he's one of the most wanted Characters in the game. Snake says "I don't know. For some reason, he just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the theme."

Take a minute to think about that joke.

Lol @ semi self-referential 3rd party joke
ahahahahah... coming from the most incongrous character of the whole cast

hamsterboy9

Smash Rookie
To tell you the truth, with fire-breathing dinosaurs, weird animals with DBZ-like scanner things, and a monkey that wears a tie and nothing else, a super-fast hedgehog fits in a lot better than a bazooka wielding Samus-chaser...

Or is that just me?

nolan

Smash Rookie
To tell you the truth, with fire-breathing dinosaurs, weird animals with DBZ-like scanner things, and a monkey that wears a tie and nothing else, a super-fast hedgehog fits in a lot better than a bazooka wielding Samus-chaser...

Or is that just me?
its not just you XD

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Just throwing this out there: Mentioning third party was good because tbh Snake was originally a Nintendo character whereas Sonic obviously wasn't. Though the fact that he uses a guns and other various weapons does make him kind of not fit in.

Shadowlyger

Smash Cadet
I believe it may also be a reference to the fact that hedgehogs are a natural enemy of snakes.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
its not the hedgehog (unless they are as well) its the mongoose thats the natural predator of snakes.

Top Bottom