• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's amazing recovery - a solution to the grab glitch

Machspeed

Smash Lord
http://youtube.com/watch?v=51Eht8oa8SI

This player almost made it around Hyrule by both bomb jumping, and using the Cypher.

This truly made my mouth drop the first few seconds I saw it, and Snake would've made it without using the last C4.

Snake's C4 dropping allows him to damage himself, giving way for him to re-use his Cypher if grab-glitched at a low percent; he can't be gimped TOO easily and quick into the match.
This definitely looks like it could have plenty practical uses, inside and outside of tourney play.

Kruton

Smash Ace
That's cool. C4 ftw.

I'm going to avoid being grabbed by other people by not going near the ledge while I'm recovering though.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
Why... why does everyone call it a glitch? I don't get it. It's obviously a programmed mechanic, and if you play Snake enough, you'll see why. They had to gimp his up-B somehow because between super armor frames, the massive height gain, and the fact that you can act out of it almost immediately, there needed to be a weakness. The obvious solution to the problem is to stay away from the ledge when doing it.

I guess I just don't understand what part of the grab gimp constitutes a glitch. The same thing happens if you jump above a Ness doing PK Thunder or in front of an Ike doing Quick Draw, and nobody calls those glitches.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Excellent discovery. I strongly advise against using the C4 if he has over 120% though. Doing so could lead to a SD. I do know one thing though, using that recovery tactic to stall is stupid and will be banned.

A Diamond For Disease

Smash Journeyman
Why... why does everyone call it a glitch? I don't get it. It's obviously a programmed mechanic, and if you play Snake enough, you'll see why. They had to gimp his up-B somehow because between super armor frames, the massive height gain, and the fact that you can act out of it almost immediately, there needed to be a weakness. The obvious solution to the problem is to stay away from the ledge when doing it.

I guess I just don't understand what part of the grab gimp constitutes a glitch. The same thing happens if you jump above a Ness doing PK Thunder or in front of an Ike doing Quick Draw, and nobody calls those glitches.
Thats probably true but that c4 trick is still sweet.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Excellent discovery. I strongly advise against using the C4 if he has over 120% though. Doing so could lead to a SD. I do know one thing though, using that recovery tactic to stall is stupid and will be banned.
It's not a great stall, he can only use it about 6-7 times before SDing, and it sends him in crazy directions. I don't see why it needs to be banned.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It's not a great stall, he can only use it about 6-7 times before SDing, and it sends him in crazy directions. I don't see why it needs to be banned.
Let me clarify. I said using it to stall should be banned. It would still be OK for recovery. They did this rule with JP's rising pound in Melee and Peach's Wall Bombing.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Yeaaaaah... I was trying this the other day but if you get grabbed out of your cypher it's very hard to pull off the C4 jump because of how low you drop, it depends a lot on what stage you're playing. Also if you accidently cypher under battlefield and try it you stick the C4 on the bottom of the stage.. LOL

Top Bottom