• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Side-b; New tech? or am I just dumb?

Bape

Smash Rookie
So, a while back i was playing around with snake, just tech chasing & things like that. Anyway, I use the tranq to catch a roll, but instead the opponent techs on the platform above me. For some reason, the tranq still hit him. it just curved upward mid-shot.

Did anyone already know this was possible? If not, this is definitely a useful maneuver in snake's tech-game.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Did the tranq collide with anything? Sometimes it curves up when it hits projectiles or other attacks.

Bape

Smash Rookie
yes, I was playing against a sonic and he rolled into it. the tranq stunned him for the normal duration.

the tranq didnt collide with anything prior to curving upwards, if that is what you were asking

Last edited:

BND

Smash Apprentice
Sounds interesting, but it's somewhat useless if it can't be replicated. Are you sure you didn't hit anything?
The most likely culprit sounds like a spring jump, but given that he was on the ground, which implies that he spring jump->down aired -> rolled and you randomly tranqed (which doesn't seem like a useful sequence of moves for either player), it still doesn't seem likely.

(Would be great if you could replicate it, though the changelog and actual matches in tournies don't seem to have any examples of this, so I'm also confused as to what could've possibly happened.)

Bape

Smash Rookie
i'm not saying i could do it again, as i have tried, but it did happen. i was screwing around, and it just happened out of nowhere.

I'm 100% sure it didn't collide with any other items, projectiles, or attacks before it curved. I can remember tapping up at a certain point during the shot, which I believe is what made it curve

Last edited:
Top Bottom