• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake is so hard to use

Dudechapguyman

Smash Cadet
Just got Brawl today, and the first thing I did was unlock Snake. I've been playing him more than any other character, but ****. He's really difficult to use effectively. I blow myself up with grenades/C4/mines A LOT more often than I blow my opponent up.

Xervah

Smash Cadet
He does seem to have a steep learning curve. From what I have seen though, he is a very effective character if enough effort is invested into him.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i wish i had the game so i could use snake, i have seen videos of him owning though, so it isn't impossible to use his powers do utterly destroy everything

Dudechapguyman

Smash Cadet
Oh, I know. Snake has tons of potential. I just can't seem to make effective use of his explosives.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I guess that's why so many Snake players in the vids I see suck so hard. Most of them just spam missiles the whole time.

Matu

Smash Rookie
Snake is a character pretty hard to use. But It REALLY worths It, I guarantee you that.

There are people that prefer classical characters, with more "direct damage" that Snake. Snake is totally a mindgamer character, if you use Snake, you must be using ALWAYS all the projectiles and weapons of Snake (Use grenades, C4, land mine, UpSmash [I don't remember the name of that thing ^^U] and Nikita with strategy.).

I think that Snake will be listed as low tier by many people in a future, but that will be because all of them doesn't know how to play with him.

Give him an oppotunity, if you don't like, simply, use another character not as weird as Snake.

smash_dave

Smash Rookie
Actually I saw this vid on youtube (snake vs. zero suit samus) although Snake lost, he has great potential, I assure you that. Apart from being able to play crazy mind games, he is actually rather powerful. But a lot of Snake players are idiots. From what I've seen, the whole point of Snake is to set up your opponent in an uneasy environment and then blow the hell out of them.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
You have to play Snake like you play him in Metal Gear: smart.
He's not a run-up-and-destroy character. He makes situations work for him.
I really like that his character translates to his play style.

Yeah, he's hard, but he's not bad.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
You have to play Snake like you play him in Metal Gear: smart.
He's not a run-up-and-destroy character. He makes situations work for him.
I really like that his character translates to his play style.

Yeah, he's hard, but he's not bad.
HIGH FIVE! This is a refreshing amount of common sense. Snake is not Captain Falcon, so don't try to use him like that.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Snake is all mindgames. Although i love him i believe he won't be higher than mid tier once the game develops more. Still won't stop me from blowing the crap out of people. :)

Top Bottom