• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Help!

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
Hey just wondering about what's the best approach against Snake players since most of them space well with grenades and kinda mess up my mid-close range game with forward tilt. I use a combination of forward tilt and down tilt to play around the mid-close range game (mostly down tilt) but I have the biggest problem from long range when approaching. So far, what I do is air dodge around and try to land at mid-range (not directly above of course cause they can up tilt). I can't ground dodge cause they'll get me ready with forward tilt. Any ideas on a good long-range approach with DK?

ook

Smash Lord
do some running up-b. The super armor will protect you from grenades/tilts, and if he spotdodges (as a lot of snakes do), it lasts longer so it'll hit him.

Also down-b, cause it has more range than his tilts, won't blow up the grenades unless they're on the ground, and beats spotdodges too.

so yeah down-b and up-b

you could also try an aerial side-b I guess (but not at high percents cause you'll get uptilt'd lol)

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Down+B is absolutely vital against Snake. It will force him to either use grenades or take to the air (in Snake's case, he will almost always choose to run away and pull grenades, which is your opportunity to get in there, or run and down+b again).

If your opponent is tilt-happy, the up+b is also a great approach. In my experience, though, it isn't a good idea to use it when grenades are present.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
Don't f-tilt.

Down+B, plus bairs for spacing.

Sakurai Combo. GG. Outcamp him. He jumps in the air, and he's gon' get *****.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
you can also downB out of a dash to catch him where he can't hit you with anything but nades. A lot of people never expect the down B out of a dash

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Man, I hope I'm seriously not the only person who does this. Cargo downthrow snakes into their own mines and nades, **** ***** brah.
This.

If they're holding a grenade

1. Cargo
2. Jump
3. up throw
4. ????
5. Profit.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Oh yeah, cargo downthrow offstage, bair, double jump dair=****

You can spike snake from pretty much wherever you want because you'll bounce up off the cypher and take a little bit of damage that is definitely worth it because it will help you recover.

nash123

Smash Journeyman
eh i prefer dthrow cargo while your in the air and then double jump fair, more likely to connect it seems and if they cypher up they still get a smack to the face.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Jumping then doing the cargo downthrow is ok but you have less options out of it.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Side b > snake's shield.

I just broke chillin's snake's shield 3 times in a set.:chuckle:

Top Bottom