• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake help XD

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
I rarely come across snake players (I have him as a secondary), but he's probably the hardest character to deal with with Kirby cause all his moves are very hard to punish and they push you back way too far back to do much when you're shielding. On top of that he's got C4 and Claymores and stupid snake mortar dashing and he's really hard to KO since his recovery goes very high and he's got super armor on his cypher (the lowest I could KO him at was a little over 100% with Kirby's Forward B). It's pretty hard to grab him as well since it's very unlikely that you'll be able to roll behind him and grab and his standard combo's have huge range. Copying his ability and using the gernades against him is the best thing I could do so any tips lol.

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
Yea I main kirby and my best friend mains Snake, and to be honest his snake is one of the best played characters ive seen in brawl thus far. Its rough. Your best bet is to use kirby's 6 jumps to his advantage. Snake has very little mobility midair and his Usmash isnt that scary. Float around and wait for ur chance to take advantage of some of snakes bad lag. Come in from up top with Dair. You'll find kirby's Dair can actually destroy the mortar without hurting u. Try and sweep him with your uB and follow it up with a kirby combo.

Snake is probably my least fav. character to fight with kirby, tho I may just be biased.

JJ259

Smash Apprentice
I don't have that much trouble with snake because most of his attacks either have short range(fsmash) or require too much time to set up and can be easily avoided(dB, dsmash, fB). Also if I remember correctly he's a pretty heavy character so he can be combo'd easily enough to rack his % up high enough to KO him earlier on.

The main thing that I do vs him is try to get him air born either through a dash or a dthrow followed by up tilts. Once he's up there, just combo him with kirby's many aerials. Also when he's recovering with his uB, you can always grab the cypher and he drops w/o being able to use it again. In addition, his horizontal movement in air is kind of lacking so if you can get him a ways off screen and then edge hog, he can't do much to stop you or get back on.

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
In order to be effective against Snake, you'll have to get him airborne. Once you've done that, pressure him constantly. Don't allow him to establish his ground game, because if he does, things can get rough for Kirby.

This is a really tough match-up (maybe one of the hardest for Kirby), but as long as you don't let him space you, you'll have a fighting chance. =)

I hope my advice helps you out a bit.

Sejita

Smash Cadet
The easiest way to beat Snake is to out manouver him. Which is pretty easy to do. I find Snake to be very like...un-limber. If that's a word. Also, if you see mines or Claymores or whatever, just rock drop them. It blows them up, and leaves you covered. Snake will stay far enough away (if he's smart) because the explosion will hit him, so you shouldn't have to worry about grabs if you get out quick enough.

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the advice =s. Yeah I played someone whose fairly good with a whole bunch of characters and keeping Snake airborne seems to work fairly well. Also how does grabbing Snake's cypher work, is it just like an item or something? I've never tried that before ><.

Top Bottom