• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 9 (9/02) - Gliding to New Beginnings

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Another letdown week, but you can’t blame the man! Show Me Your News debuts full-force on the Smash Brothers Blog!

Superspicy Curry, Gliding, and WarioWare are discussed in addition to a Brawl Viewpoint on Non-Offensive Final Smashes! Plus, “Show Yourself” introduces BHLMRO this week!

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
You guys seem to just be posting useless spam.

I mean...read my posts on the other SMYN: Episode __ threads..

Edit: I'll make a REAL post after listening to this weeks podcast.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Not a bad show. But I have to say, I'm not a fan of the section where predictions were made. Like what certain characters' FSs may or may not be. Really, if you want to make random guesses and basically unsupported predictions that go that far into detail, then just post them on the boards. It's unnecessary for us to have to listen to something for no real reason that any Einstein and ape on SWF could simply post.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Then I must be missing the point. Can't you get that from just... I don't know... reading the boards?

It should point out the things week-to-week that the "average smasher" may have overlooked. Like whether or not gliding may be broken? I didn't even consider that, and I'm sure most people didn't either. More stuff like that, less stuff that any regular mook could come up with. Like the concept of not all the FSes being attacks was good, but he didn't need to go into a fanboy rant about what he would like to see. Leave that junk to the actual boards.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Some of his statements seem too definite. Not to troll, but he acts like he knows more than is confirmed. (Pokemon's Unknown Special moves, how Wario's stage works, etc.)
He says "Polygamal" when describing Andross' face, which would be better to describe him if he looked like he had multiple wives. Polygamy = Multiple spouses.
Altogether funny, but hard to keep listening to.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
P-O-L-Y-G-O-N-A-L

[puh-lig-uh-nl]

adjective
having many sides or relating to a surface marked by polygons; "polygonal structure"

Would that describe Andross' face? Why yes, I do believe it would...not trying to sound like a jerk, but good vocabulary is always nice.

Well, for first time listeners, welcome to Show Me Your News. I'm sorry that you had to join the podcast on a week where I'm getting accustomed to doing the podcast at different location than I have the past eight weeks. I'm sorry that you had to join the podcast on a week such as this. I mean, by all means, do try to rant about a week where the high point was a gameplay aspect or a stage, see how that works out for you.

And obviously some of you don't understand the service I'm trying to provide for you here. Because I DON'T have to provide a WEEKLY podcast on the weekends where we don't get any Smash news and TRY to involve the community to help with their viewpoints as much as possible. Because seriously, there are other things I could do with 8 hours out of my week.

So please check the thread in General Brawl Discussion. And please check out the other episodes.

Thank you, and here's to a fruitful week of updates.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Why you people hating on this so much?

"30 mits what that about" seriously people he puts a lot of work into this i don't think he likes it when people start posting sh*t like that.

And about the Wario ware stage that is almost certain (Based on Sakurai's comments) how it will work.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
P-O-L-Y-G-O-N-A-L
Haha. Owned.

And I'm definitely going to be listening to next weeks podcast. Hopefully, this was just one of the bad weeks, which happens. It was very insightful and intelligent, which means that this is something that needs to be broadcasted for inquiring Smasher minds. But the only thing that I really didn't feel necessary was the fanboy take on some characters' FSes. That's all.

P.S.- Nice touch with the Legend of Zelda tunes at the end, too. One can never get enough of that stuff.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
@ Dyce
The thing with the Final Smashes perspective was that it wasn't my opinion, so please do not judge me on that...

The only thing I write for the show is the Rundown. The point of the other sections is to open things up to the community so they can get involved. What you are referring to was the Brawl Viewpoint written by a member of the community named Moon Monkey - it was sent to me in text format, so that's why my voice is reading it. I pick the best viewpoint that was sent to me during the week for the show and that happened to be the only one that week. So if you didn't like it, I apologize, but there wasn't much choice.

I hope that clears things up. It's a little confusing to keep getting badgered about the Final Smash "fanboyism" when it wasn't even my viewpoint.

...Well, yeah, wouldn't you get a little bothered when someone talked crap about something you've been doing as a complete favor to the community for the past two months?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Well Youko, despite the letdown week of updates, I enjoyed the podcast. I especially enjoyed your take on Gliding and Wario Ware.
You talked about some aspects of gliding that I have never even thought about. The "broken" debate, strategies, "...Glide..d-..dancing" =P , etc. And you also took a guess as to how Wario Ware worked, and I think it was a very intelligent hypothesis.

To all those ungrateful of what Youko is doing, he takes 8 Hours out of his week to bring us a 20-40 minute Weekend Brawl newscast to save us from the lack of updates. He doesn't just regurgitate the information on www.smashbros.com , he adds his own viewpoint, possible ideas, and suggestions as to how things happen and work. I mean, remember Stickers? And Youko's idea of a Sticker Wager? That was intense.

The only thing Youko writes is the Rundown, so if you're hating on the Brawl Viewpoints and Who's In, flame the people who write it. Not Youko.

/End rant.

Top Bottom