• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 37 (06/18) - Guns of the Podcasts

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
It probably will, I mean this is Guitar Hero. DLC is practically required for the platforms that can support it.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
There's the main one in General Brawl Discussion and then one gets made in Smash News for each individual episode (technically our way of "blogging" it and putting it on iTunes).

And I'm not too sure about GHIV DLC. All I know is that the drums look AMAZING.
Oh, so it wasn't just me lol. As for the drums, i think its kool but i love playing the guitar and my bro is gunna play the drums. If you check out the GHDS video on the nintendo channel (interview video) the guy talks about how its going to have the first DLC on Wii. This makes me wonder how much space it takes up. Also on xbox GH3 got the halo theme song, maybe we can get some DLed brawl music :) BTW, E3 is so close **preys for hard drive**

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ergh, another thing to remind me I don't have a PS3 or MGS4. O well...I can beat the Tanker Chapter of MGS2 for the 32nd time....and I'm not even joking. :laugh:

And w00t to disliking the EVO 2k8 rules. Items in Brawls are the lames. Items in Melee are great [minus random explosions of barrels and crates], and items in smash 64 are SUPER AWESOME!

Ergh, I'll get back to playing GTA IV, Guitar Hero III (while waiting for World Tour; those drums DO LOOK SICK!), and of course Brawl. And on a side note, yae to more good games possibly coming. RE5, Mega Man 9, Chrono Trigger DS, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Final Fantasy IV DS, EarthBound on the VC, and Super Mario RPG on the VC. Instead of gaming looking like a lame future for 2009, it is actually shaping up pretty good now. >_>

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Ergh, another thing to remind me I don't have a PS3 or MGS4. O well...I can beat the Tanker Chapter of MGS2 for the 32nd time....and I'm not even joking. :laugh:

And w00t to disliking the EVO 2k8 rules. Items in Brawls are the lames. Items in Melee are great [minus random explosions of barrels and crates], and items in smash 64 are SUPER AWESOME!

Ergh, I'll get back to playing GTA IV, Guitar Hero III (while waiting for World Tour; those drums DO LOOK SICK!), and of course Brawl. And on a side note, yae to more good games possibly coming. RE5, Mega Man 9, Chrono Trigger DS, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Final Fantasy IV DS, EarthBound on the VC, and Super Mario RPG on the VC. Instead of gaming looking like a lame future for 2009, it is actually shaping up pretty good now. >_>
You forgot The Conduit.

DLC is great, but you don't mess around with Voice Chat, even if it is a rumor.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
We'll be announcing this next episode, but this is for those who don't read the main thread in General Brawl Discussion.

NEW CONTEST - Running through release of Episode 39 (August)!
Draw Your Favorite SMYN Moment!

The title really explains it all! There needs to be more SMYN-related artwork out there, so why not hold a contest for it! Plus, this way, everyone can enjoy your fandom of everyone's favorite Smash Bros podcast! OK, and it'd be REALLY sweet to adorn your room's walls with SMYN art, you know it's true.

SamuraiPanda and I will decide which piece of art is our favorite and the winner of the contest will appear as a guest on Episode 40 when we kick off the school year in the SMYN-apartment!

- Multiple submissions are accepted!
- Please post the images here in the thread. You can also email them to dojopodcast@gmail.com and I will post them here on your behalf!
- Quality will not necessarily be a determining factor in the decision of who wins, this way, fans of all art skill levels can participate!
- Remember, this isn't just Youko/Panda fanart, the submission needs to portray your favorite SMYN moment. We'd prefer that you should be more specific with the moment, like using a particular quote from the show, for example. Just don't do "Oh, when you guys had _____ on, that was awesome." How your portray your favorite moment in the podcast's history will be the determining factor!
- For those who haven't caught on to our "artistic portrayal" yet, Youko can be portrayed as K.K. Slider from Animal Crossing and SamuraiPanda as...well, a panda who is a samurai. Here is a general idea, provided by 2nd Stamp: http://www.cafepress.com/showmeyournews.222614836

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Not really, it's more like drawing your interpretation of a SMYN moment, I guess.

smashbrosman

Smash Rookie
heres possibly my favorite quote from samurai panda. its the begining of the video review

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I suppose comics are OK too, if you think that's the best way to portray your favorite moment.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just a few notes and comments a little old knight has:

-Buzz's first name revealed? What next-my first name revealed! O...wait....too late. The internet already knows my first name is Bob! :laugh:

-Items in Brawl's failure makes me cry myself to sleep. The only bigger failure then items in Brawl is items in EVO 2K8...at medium. There is also no way Norfair isn't legal (offline), and no way 75m is legal. I obviously wasn't going to EVO 2K8, but I was thinking about going to EVO 2K9. Sadly-EVO's smash future looks like a failure. Fortunately there will be other great tournies as well! YAE! :)

-Yep-gaming is turning into Madden sadly! Before most gaming series were constantly changing, and it all was good. Sadly, almost everthing now is a sequal. There is nothing wrong with a few sequals, but we don't need more unoriginal ideas.

-I must also agree that Nintendo needs to add more difficulty level options on all the Nintendo flagship series, and appeal more universally. At least give us three difficulty levels (standard, hard, and INTENSE!). I want a Zelda Wii game with Zelda II's intense and addicting challenge. While they're at it, give us the Donkey Kongdrom disorder again Nintendy with lots of hidden awesome crap. FOR REALZ! I swear Nintendo is hiding Miyamoto from us so he can't see our pain out of lack of good, challenging, fun, and funcional games with loads of replay value and junk to do.

-"The anti-Lucario (pro-Squirtle)" thread and the_sandman was full of win-and forever will be legends of the smashboards.

-I still need a Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots system. Seriously. >_>

*late and long response*

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Barring any last-minute changes, we have set our timing for recording Episode 38.

Episode 38 will stream on our Stickam account (or on the first post of the SMYN thread in General Brawl Discussion) LIVE on Wednesday, July 23rd, at 8:30 P.M. EST/5:30 PST!

okiyama

Smash Ace
Oh, I don't think you're counting it as a moment...

This one was of the first time I ever heard you say Show me your News with the C Falcon voice, that was the first image taht popped in my head.
Although I think you were looking for more specific moments... Whatever though.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Heh yeah chalk one up for lack of artistic skill.

I'm thinking about putting together another submission too.

willjack12

Smash Rookie
smash news

June is here and Show Me Your News is here to catch you up on the latest Brawl and gaming news! Youko and SamuraiPanda delve into what's made the Smash community tick for the past month, plus some insights into future gaming news tidbits.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Arkivreoler Self Certificate Mortgage

Top Bottom