• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 36 (05/11) - A Glorious Wii-turn

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Link to original post: [drupal=525]SMYN: Episode 36 (05/11) - A Glorious Wii-turn[/drupal]

Gimpyfish joins us to discuss what was big in April for Nintendo and much more!

Show Me Your News returns for the month of May with Episode 36. After Episode 35 in March, and our Video Review in April, Youko and SamuraiPanda come back with a vengeance in a podcast you won't want to miss! It truly is among the best episodes yet!
Gimpyfish is our guest host as we discuss Melee vs. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Wii Ware, Rock Band, and answer some Mailtime Questions! It's two and a half hours of insightful discussion and humor abound from your podcasting fix - Show Me Your News!

PyronicEX

Smash Rookie

is the clue they were talking about at the beginning of the show.

is a Harvest Moon.

Note the similarity in color.

Harvest Moon for Wii anyone?

Shirum

Smash Cadet
SamuraiPanda, the thing about bugs, a common thing among autistics is *obsession*, though there is a specific term for extremely narrow but deep intelligence in a field -- autistic savants.

pman154

Smash Rookie
Haha, I looked at the thread you guys were messing around with in the easter egg. It's was HILARIOUS! Good episode; looking forward to what you're doing next month, or whenever you get around to doing SMYN again.

allengator

Smash Rookie
I have really enjoyed the podcast when I first started listening to it several pods ago. It was neat listening to you guys talking about other games. Awesome hhearing from Gimpyfish again!

I did some searching on the forums, and I couldn't find any information pertaining to this, so I apologize if you have had to answer this question a lot, but what kind of recording software do you use for the podcast? The quality of the voices has always been clear, and I have not been able to figure out how to do that. If you would give me a pointer or two towards this end, I would be appreciative!

But yeah, sadly, Mario Kart online > Brawl Online. Understandable, but sad.

rbnttn

Smash Rookie
**** It, I still don't have brawl! (because I live in england) Although I do love the podcasts they just kep reminding me you've all played brawl. *sigh*

Still loved the podcast.

rbnttn

Smash Rookie
I didn't swear, for some reson It bleebs out "dam" with an "n" on the end.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Mario Kart Wii has lag, it just represents it in a different way. The game predicts where the racers will go and then as it gets the position of the characters from packets, they put them where they should be. A racer with high lag will disappear where they were calculated to be and reappear where the system says they should be. It fits with a racing game real well. In fact, a system like this fits most genres well. However, a system like this will just not due with a fighting game. Most really competitive fighting games fans will measure their attacks in frames, much as you do, and even the most reliable T1 connection will have enough lag to be noticed and unplayable to people who measure in frames. Super Smash Bros. Brawl may have annoying obvious lag, but it handles the match as fairly as it can, considering the limitation of the genre in terms of online.

If you are of an IT mindset, think of Mario Kart Wii working on UDP and Brawl working on TCP. Mario Kart Wii doesn't need to confirm the position of the characters constantly, so it makes assumptions and corrects for errors when they do get confirmation, whereas Brawl has to confirm where everyone in it is at all time lest they disappear and reappear in different spots and be even more unplayable than the lag Brawl does have.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I have really enjoyed the podcast when I first started listening to it several pods ago. It was neat listening to you guys talking about other games. Awesome hhearing from Gimpyfish again!

I did some searching on the forums, and I couldn't find any information pertaining to this, so I apologize if you have had to answer this question a lot, but what kind of recording software do you use for the podcast? The quality of the voices has always been clear, and I have not been able to figure out how to do that. If you would give me a pointer or two towards this end, I would be appreciative!

But yeah, sadly, Mario Kart online > Brawl Online. Understandable, but sad.

Panda uses a program called NGWave to record everyone at once and we have the chat session over Skype. After that, though, the quality of the voice really depends on the quality of the microphone.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
First time listening to an episode of the podcast. I think it's a really kick *** show and I was laughing the whole **** time. I was turned off cause most podcasts I've heard are usually horrible, but this is a good series. Definitely looking forward to the next one :laugh:.

Uhm, quick question

How do you submit question for the Q&A segment? Just PM the question to Panda or Youko? I tried looking around the SMYN links before asking, but I didn't see anything.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
SMYN is awesome. I listened to the entire Pandacast while I was at work last night.

Panda's huge in Japan. XD

Stupid Gimpy and his Sonic hating. He's still cool though because, you know, Bowser.

Youko has the sexiest voice ever. Period.

Sariku Uchiha sounds like the podcast punching bag. XD

I like listening to old episodes. Hearing speculations from back then is fun.

Thanks for all of it.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Did you search iTunes before asking? It's been on iTunes ever since it pretty much began.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
I want to play this Earthbound game that is getting dissed ha. Is it on masterpieces, or was that only for the japanese version?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
In response for the podcast:

Scott McNeil did like a hojillion voices. He did Street Fighter, Transformers Unicron Trilogy, Beast Wars, Full Metal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, Mobile Suit Gundam, GI Joe, ReBoot, Mega Man, and various video games too including Warhammer 40k Dawn of War.

The hype behind Mother is the US SNES release of Earthbound. THAT is the hella hyped game that was so fantastic and loved.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to more of these. Love listening.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
i listen to the podcast cause i get it on my psp but i tried looking on itunes and i cant find it for some odd reason ? :ohwell:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Episode 37 is coming out later this week for those who don't follow the main thread in General Brawl Discussion.

Top Bottom