• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 26 PART 4 (01/03) - The Pandacast Strikes Back

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The five-part episode continues to make up for the lack of DOJO Updates! Part four features SamuraiPanda with co-host Gimpyfish, plus Buzz joins as a special guest to discuss Share and the Angel Island Zone music…plus REALLY SPECIAL NEWS via Gimpyfish!!!

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
January 7th will be a good update i guarentee it. What better time to announce that final character spot missing then that?

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
The Mario RTS is quite possibly one of the greatest ideas I've ever heard.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
"A little bit gimpy and a little bit fish; great guy." ROFL seriously.

Christmas Island? Really?

Gimpy, I've got the same kind of ideas behind characters (how specific you can be in certain kinds of games, etc.). Halo does not have character development. What in the world were you thinking, SP? It doesn't even show the main character enough to tell what the character's personality is in the first place, so how can you tell if he developed? Maybe the Arbiter a little, but that's the sidekick/Luigi thing.

Sonic's Advance/DS games have been good. I liked Rush.

I had an idea for a Mario strategy game (not an RTS per say) once; "Subcon Wars." Was thinking of making it for an online program called Byond. I was surprised when you mentioned Wart's kingdom, because I was thinking of that. Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser's Koopa Kingdom, Subcon Kingdom, and Wart's Kingdom. My idea was that you could advance troops, etc., build fortifications, and the sum total would alter levels. Then you could sometimes (perhaps using points) to play through the levels as some soldiers (toads) or Heroes (Mario, Luigi, etc.) to influence the battles a little more directly. If you die, you don't start the level over; the results are in right there. Your character is injured and however much of the fortress/army you took out remains out of action.

AniMaL there isn't a character missing. Zero Suit Samus isn't really a selectable character. It'd actually make more sense if they put Sheik in there; Zero Suit Samus is basically Samus' Sheik, so there'd be an even number of starting characters if Sheik was there. We still need a Zelda update. In fact, I think that might be Monday's update...

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Nice podcast panda. Extra kudos for mentioning Bleach DS 2nd; you probably don't play it anymore, but if you do want to throw down a game sometime PM me (though I'm sure you'll be busy with Brawl next month).

I think the points they talk about for sharing refers to what Sakurai said in an earlier update about only being able to share so much per day: they say you can only upload one stage or screenshot a day, so perhaps they mean you can only share a bit a day. The points would be alotted to you each day, and once you use those points you have to wait until the next day to share more things. It'd be kind of dumb to restrict how much you can share, but it makes the most sense to me.

Top Bottom