• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 19 (11/11) - Through the Foxes and Flames

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
A disappointing week in terms of new things to talk about? Show Me Your News doesn’t care, bringing another hour-and-a-half-long podcast your way, this week featuring Piffman2 on the Roundtable along with SamuraiPanda and Youko!

Fox’s Misfortune, Gray Fox, and Lucas’ Special Moves are covered in addition to a Brawl Viewpoint on Female Brawlers! Plus, Mailtime has the group discussing Brawl Online impressions, Wii games that they own, and Super Mario Galaxy.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
xD. Great episode. But you spent a LOT of time on mailtime this week. Of course, the updates this week were pretty lame, so, that was fine.

btw, I found a definition for Youko:

Youko (Yohko): Verb

1. To give an opinion of or on;
2. To review a certain object;
3. To sit on something to tourture

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
I thought the clock was clock-out from paper mario. In that game you freeze the enemies on a frame and then for the next few turns they couldnt move. So I imagined the clock to freeze an enemy on a frame where you could pummel them for a short while (perhaps not dissimilar to the freeze glitch).

Nice work guys

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Helter-Skelter.. is a fairground ride... you know those things that you sit on a mat and go down a helix? That's what it is.

Wii enthusiast

Smash Cadet
this is sooo long:dizzy:
oh Youko.....how long do you need to finish one Episode?:dizzy:
one day maybe:ohwell:
yeah i don't like princess peach 777 because she is such a peach troll but she does make a point

i remember a few weeks when i used to listen to this it was only like a half hour long.
and then when the sonic update came on this was like 70 minutes long
and now it is flippin 100+ minutes long and nothing really big happened this week (well except for the possible decomfirming of ness)
but do you really need this much time for it?
oh and todays update sucked again because Sakurai keeps on telling us crap that we already knew about from e for all

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
dont hate on princess peach 777 shes been on this site alot longer then u have wayyy bak in the dayy

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Now that it has shifted to Roundtable discussion, we don't have a set time in place. When I was writing a Rundown, I was keeping it to a specific length. That should explain the episode length discrepancy.

How long does it take me to make an episode? Well, after a couple hours of doing the Roundtable, I'd say it still takes about five hours to piece everything together. All in all, it's still much shorter than if I had to write everything out.

Florida

イーグランツ
A very awesome episode Youko! I might have to try out for a RoundTable episode sooner or later. Maybe compete against Blackadder? That is, if you guys find time. :laugh:

Keep it up!!

P.S.
The easteregg was too much! Funny as hell, lol!

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
For the Metroid music, have someone hum or whistle it so it can be identified if they don't know the name of the song.

Ridley from Metroid/Zero Mission and Super Metroid.
Mecha Ridley from Zero Mission.
Meta Ridley from Prime.
Omega Ridley from Prime 3: Corruption.
"Ridley" from Fusion, although it should rather be called "X Ridley," "Ridley-X," etc. since it was an X parasite.

Ridley's boss battle music would be too repetitive for the Norfair music, IMO.

Psi-Magnet in Melee was pretty stupid since a lot of characters don't have any attacks that can be absorbed by it.

Even for the older wireless internet adapters, you can still use more current drivers.

I haven't played Monkey Island, but I have The Dig. And Deja Vu. And a few other, less popular ones that I doubt I could get to run on anything but Windows 3.1.

Smash 64 might be more popular at YOUR college, but I played Melee several times in my student union 3 or so years ago, and I didn't even go there to play very often.

I wouldn't buy a SMYN shirt, sorry. :-/

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
Wheres Zelda

Am I The Only One That Wonders Y There Hasnt Been 1 Zelda Update Since She Has Been Announced Which Was 3 Or 4 Months Ago Ny1?

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
Great episode and i love em long cause i have no life between work.....wooot!

also this way off topic but anyone else notice guitar hero 3 for ps2 singer sings like the muppet beaker?.....annoying, yet hilarious...im bored.........

also i would buy a SMYN shirt and then give it to someone who has no idea what the podcast is about. so when people ask them if they like the podcast there all like what?

i swear the stuff im typing seems funnier if u havent slept for 2 days.

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
In Pokemon Emerald they added the battle frontier.
And you could be a girl in Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, and LeafGreen.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Great job on another podcast guys. I also like the length. I go out for long runs (10-12 miles) and I need something to kill the time since right now I have no one to run with.

Yeah, how you guys managed to talk so long about a horrible set of updates was quite impressive. I don't agree with you guys about Ness and the wording. I don't even like the character, but I did not read that update as if Ness was gone. "Until now" just means that it is different than before, that's all.

The only part I did not like was the end with the person talking about female fighters. I liked the topic, but the person talking was hard to understand. His accent was a bit on the thick side. Was there just not a lot of other options for that segment?

Unfortunately for you guys looks like more bad updates this week as well...

Top Bottom