• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 12 (9/23) - Snake? Online! BRAWWWLLL!!!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The title says it all, right? Two long-anticipated updates dropped this week, and Show Me Your News! is ready to cover it all as in-depth as reasonably possible!

Subspace Enemies, Solid Snake, and Online are discussed in addition to a Brawl Viewpoint on Retro Stages! Plus, “Who’s In” reviews your most-wanted characters in the final edition!

Florida

イーグランツ
Episode 12!
It really has become second nature to use an hour out of my time to listen to and comment on your podcast. Sunday... what a lovely day :)

The Rundown:

Sep. 17 Mon. 2007:

The Golden Hammer, pretty much one of my favorite items listed on the DOJO. A major improvement from the already existing hammer which we've seen in the past games. As described by Sakurai, it's more powerful than the original version. Also, we get to bring our hammer-smashing phase out into aerial combat; ledgeguard, anyone?

And even more out of the Golden Hammer, it squeaks! Even the "glitched" part of the item improved! Brilliant!

Another reason to love and use items ;)

Sep. 20 Thu. 2007:

Piplup! Sakurai seems to pick on the starting Pokémon when it comes to Pokéballs >.>
At least the ability given to Piplup was decent-- although, like you said, I don't see how this will be as affective on some of the in-motion stages such as Rumble Falls. However, it looks like a pretty powerful attack if it connects with the opponents, judging from the screen shots.

Oh, and don't pick on Devil.

Sep. 19 Wed. 2007:

<ROADER>

A motorized-unicycle, right.

smashbros.com said:
These guys ride around in groups, and are both fast and powerful.
I'm guessing they're going to be rather agitating.

<POPPANT>

At first, I couldn't tell what the eyes were on this thing. Tell me, those two little red dots - to neck or the eyes?

So, there always has to be a purpose to any generic enemy that's easily frightened. Maybe the candy acts similar to the Food item? Punch the crap out of the Poppant-- POP! Candy, everywhere! Happy birthday, Youko!

<BYTAN>

Talk about getting unoriginal and bazaar with the enemies, we have to fight some balls with teeth! Not much to speculate on this one, seems rather annoying as well.

<TROWLON>

:(
A robotic towel, kamikaze style.

<SHAYDAS>

Again, not much to say. It's a little neat that Sakurai gives us hints on how to beat these enemies, though.

<AUROROS>

Doesn't seem like much of a problem to me, just dodge, pick up, toss, and taunt.

<GREAP>

Looks like an over-grown bomb-omb, that was mutated.
More hints of the weak spot, from Sakurai!

<The R.O.B. Squad>

Never knew that R.O.B. was so lethal.​

Not a very satisfying update, in my opinion. Some of the enemy designs were, sort of whack. Also, the names for these enemies were completely ********. The only two titles that make sense are Roader, and the R.O.B. squad. Hopefully the next group of enemies revealed won't be as lame.

Sep. 21 Fri. 2007:

Three updates, wow.
All Snake related, wow.
And ugh..... just, wow.

An awesome update to end the week, if you ask me! We get Snake's profile, special moves, and some MGS4 themed music! This is an example of an excellent update!

For Snake's profile, we even get a new render than what we've already seen! A much more detailed and stunning look, with a hint of the "f*ck off" attitude! Very amusing!

Even the screens supplied to us were amazing!

1. The Chuck Norris
2. The Can't Think of a Decent Title
3. The Assassin
4. Boo!

I mean, what more could you want from a character profile?!

And Snake's special moves were just awesome! Not only are his B moves unique, but the standard moves get a hue of "special" as well! Up Smash, rocket launch? Down Smash, mine plant? Holy fricken' crap! Although, I don't get how the "mine plant" WASN'T his down special. What else can fit under that category? Or maybe it's the "rocket launch toward ground" action we've seen in the second trailer. Who knows?

Snake's Side Special: Remote Missle. Ah, like a Samus side special and a Zelda side special combined! Only... a little more fixed. It's awesome that you're able to break the missile and shield if in danger at any time. This move seems like a perfect ledgegaurding tool!

The Up Special, Cypher. Never really played any Metal Gear Solid games, so I have no clue what this object is. Obviously, it's some sort of camera.

Standard Special, grenades. Nothing really could've fit as a standard special move than grenades, for Snake. Kind of odd that we DI backward to shorten the distance of the grenade throw. That's new.

And as for the music... it's lovely. :)
Plain and simple.

Sep. 18 Tue. 2007:

Corny start there, Youko >.<
Nice Quagmire clip, though.

Myth #1: BUSTED
Myth #2: BUSTED

Youko, you're the new mythbuster!
As for your taunts, the first is a given:

1. Show Me Your News!
(perform this after the knee :p)

The others, can still relate ;)

2. I HEARD YOUKO!
(after you kill your opponent)

3. Arreows!
(... use it often! XD)

4. It's MY music!
(ummm... use your imagination)

As for actual comments on the update-- you stole the words right out of my mouth.

Pre-Season 2

Roundtable, sounds very interesting! I'm curious to know, what will this segment revolve around? Will you just be talking about some hot-topic discussion? Or maybe it's something else? It's also awesome that you include other people into your podcast, Youko. That's what makes it stand out from the rest.

It's been an awesome first season, excellent job Youko!

Who's In Finale:

O_O
The third-party week, eh?

Megaman:
He has good chances, as he's a popular third-party suggestion. Seems too much like Samus, coming from my view. Still, he could probably reveal some other gimmicks and interesting moves, he has plenty of games to do so.

Congrats on the fan-mail.
And ummm, Plusle & Minun would be awesome.

Captain Olimar:
Probably one of the characters who has the highest chances, there's almost no way that he couldn't make it into the game as a playable character.

Seriously Sariku, an Assist Trophy? Don't be silly.

Geno:
Not too fond of this guy, he may be awesome to other people, but he doesn't spark my interest. I've never really played any games which he was in, though, so I may be just a little too biased.

Melee Veterans:

Falco:
Out

Dr. Mario:
Out

Pichu:
OUT.

Young Link:
You said "tarkin", haha!
Out

Ganondorf:
In, with a brand new moveset... which includes his sword.

Roy:
Out

Bomberman:
IN! Oh wait, you didn't review him...
Anyways, this guy is the third-party character that I'd like in Brawl before others. Yes, that includes Sonic.

Oh and by the way, were you referring to Ray MK, from Custom Robo?
Definitely an, "in"!

FIN.
Nice job with your segment, Sariku!

Brawl Viewpoint:

Alright Aaron, let's see what you've got!

-------------------------------------------------

I don't see any reason for a Great Fox stage to not return. It appeared in Sector-Z in SSB64, and in Corneria in Melee. It's pretty much traditional, for a Star Fox stage.

And, not much else to comment :)
Nice to hear what previous stages you're expecting for Brawl! Nice job, Aaron!
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!
<.< sorry, I had to.

Edit:
I see I spelled your name incorrectly, my apologies. :)

Easter Egg:

Noobs. o.O
... nice.

Another awesome week, good job everyone!
Can't wait for the start of season 2, Youko!

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
No Takamaru love? The most likely sole reason why Goroh and Lyn BOTH ended up as assist trophies? Because Lyn would have made a smexy addition... Yet... And remember, he's about as oldskool as you can get. AS my friend put it when, he was playing the game and found out the game was made in 1986. "WTF? He should have been in from the BEGINING!"

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
General Brawl Discussion...the thread there is mentioned every week on the podcast, and it is also a sticky, so check it out!

Top Bottom