• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smiley's vids of smilingism

NoobCake

Smash Apprentice
Saw the Snake vid, and I must say you play a pretty good Kirby. :) I've been getting tired of seeing noobs spam Kirby's stone and final cutter...so those vids were a nice break in the monotony. You sure do like that hammer, don't you? :laugh:

Deg222

Smash Journeyman
Florida; I consider myself a decent brawl player.
Pretty good stuff, remember to pummel when you grab someone to get an extra 2% or 3% damage in. If you grab a lot, that damage adds up.

Great job on not spamming smash attacks until your opponent was at a KO %.

I would personally use more up tilts, but you seem to use your neutral attack pretty well.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Pretty good stuff, remember to pummel when you grab someone to get an extra 2% or 3% damage in. If you grab a lot, that damage adds up.

Great job on not spamming smash attacks until your opponent was at a KO %.

I would personally use more up tilts, but you seem to use your neutral attack pretty well.
I swear man, i have the worst habit of not hitting a few times when i grab. i need to do that more at about 70% or so. I just cant break that bad habit >.<

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Not bad. I liked the use of Stone to edge-guard that Snake. Some questionable use of Up-B though which left you to be punished.

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
HEY SS!, This is Call 911 from Gamebattles remember me? Well yes, now to the videos. IM gonna be very picky and be the best critic i can be.
-(1:08 in snake Video) You could have used the f smash to cancel out snakes fair, and possibly, since you
hadn't used the fsmash yet, get a KO.
-(1:25 in snake video) You should have kept the combogoign and gone for another fthrow -> fair. Also if you opponent figures out the grenade cancel of the chain grab, its time for kirby to shine. WHen he pulls out a grenade, hold him as long as you can, then use your u-throw, if timed right, you will be at the peak of your throw when the grenade explodes, killign both you and snake, a classic kirbycide :3.
-(1:49 in snake) You should not approach opponents with hammer a airhammer (off stage) if you are below them, for exactly this reason.
-(2:47 insnake) You got the grab, but you didn't go for the kirbycombo. (You could be saving the kirby combo for the last life, because i just saw you use it flawlessly at the end)
-Im sry but i dont have the stamina to go through two more vids.
-(OVERALL)
-Don't rely on the hammer so much, it can get you into bad situations.
-You must use the U tilts, Nairs, and B-up/Stone more. Personally i think its funny how people are tlling you not to use the b moves because people might call you a spammer. Both of these attacks have so many opening's its not even funny, and if people are not quick enough to dodge them, then that is not your fault. (of corase, im not telling you to constantly be using them, but they are great for covering your arse, and finsihing combos, edge guarding. For example, while edge guarding, try to replace the hammer with an up-b, or possibly a stone by getting above them, this is much better than throwing yourself forward with your hammer.
-Specifically with snake, when he is shield-dropping grenades, that is your chance to get do a dash attack, but make sure you dont run into the grenades lol.
-Your a great Kirby player, but you still have room for improvement, keep up the good work!
Sry for any typoes lol.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Yeah he's right on the upB part, i have a friend who mains snake, uses the perfect balance of attacks and projectiles (he always has something out). Anyways i played him one time as kirby and he left a grenade cooking on the floor, one mine (d smash), and fired a nikita at me... with one upB they were all gone. A very effective move against snake, and more air bound characters for that reason ( keeps them grounded).

@ Ska: Nice video analysis... what part of Texas you from?

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
-You must use the U tilts, Nairs, and B-up/Stone more. Personally i think its funny how people are tlling you not to use the b moves because people might call you a spammer. Both of these attacks have so many opening's its not even funny, and if people are not quick enough to dodge them, then that is not your fault. (of corase, im not telling you to constantly be using them, but they are great for covering your arse, and finsihing combos, edge guarding. For example, while edge guarding, try to replace the hammer with an up-b, or possibly a stone by getting above them, this is much better than throwing yourself forward with your hammer.
For clarity's sake, I wasn't saying B moves are bad or not to use them, I even praised him for his excellent use of Stone. I guess saying that his use of Up-B was questionable was vague. I meant that he used it when it was easily punishable, i.e. @ :32 of the Snake vid.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
hey man, u remind me of me when i play! =) i mean, there were times where i was like, 'i'd do this at this point...' and then u did it! hahaha. =) i mean, i use the hammer less than u do and there were a couple things i would've done differently, but still, i was pretty impressed. good stuff! =)

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
Oh no i wasn't talking about you dude. on gamebattles everyone calls me a spammer because i use the stone and cutter lol.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Im gonna add some more vids tommorow when i get a chance. Ive been busy as of recent, tryin to get my car fixed and tuned up for a tourney. Plus work is starting to get in the way alot. Im glad for all the criticism, and i do practice everyday, so you may see improvement as days go by. I also plan on making a vid of a few comboes i make and practice w/ everyday, cause i just learned something about gonzo's and others' comboes from playing. Those things can be expanded and create more chaos than they already do.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
How come you never used Kirby's copy ability? Snake's grenades and Falco's laser are both nice assets to add to Kirby's game.

You had some really nice grab combos in there. :) Now if only you can learn to do a couple grab attacks here and there, you'll be set! I only just recently started training myself to grab attack, and its made a difference in my game.

Only other thing I noticed was that you tried to use Kirby's hammer on the ground a couple of times, and it got you punished. I don't see a reason to ever use it when not in the air. ;)

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Only other thing I noticed was that you tried to use Kirby's hammer on the ground a couple of times, and it got you punished. I don't see a reason to ever use it when not in the air. ;)
When timed properly, I've seen Kirby's ground hammer used as a good edge-guarding tool. I imagine it has some other situational uses as well, but generally most people will agree that it is much better in the air.

Top Bottom