• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashU and 3DS Last Smash Games?

How many Smash Brothers games do you think there will be total?

• 4 (This is the last one)

Votes: 6 10.3%

Votes: 9 15.5%

Votes: 6 10.3%

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • More Than 7

Votes: 35 60.3%

• Total voters

nessokman

Smash Lord
As long as this one sells well, it will continue. Even with his injuries, he can sit back and let someone else direct while he supervises XD.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Just think of how old the franchises of Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are.
I think the series will evolve till it will eventually merge with other franchises.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Even though Smash isn't the traditional fighter, I still feel like it's one that will always get renewed like the others. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the quality decreases after Sakurai leaves. He really is dedicated and great at making the Smash series.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai seemed burnt-out by the time Brawl was in development. I think there are interviews somewhere that feature him speaking about not especially wanting to even make Brawl.

Wasn't he basically talked in to making Smash 4, as well? I worry he's not got his heart in to the series, or at least hasn't since before Brawl's completion.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Even if they don't sell too well, the people that buy them would usually buy consoles just for them, so they are still worth it for Nintendo.

This is why I bought a Wii U - Zelda and Smash. There is absolutely no other reason. It would have been debatable if one of these titles weren't coming to the Wii U. I will enjoy other games like the Mario games and maybe some other like Rayman, but I would not have bought it console had it not been for Zelda and Smash.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Sure Sakurai may not make the games anymore, (insert reason here). But would we still buy the games? I might buy the 1st one after Sakurai leaves, and if it isn't up to par, I see the franchise dying. It would be like if Eiji Aonuma quit being involved with the Zelda games... I fully believe they will go downhill if he quits.

I vote for a total of 6 releases. I think Sakurai will make one more, then he will quit. They will bring someone else in for Smash 6, and it will fail. Thus, no more smashes...

Edit: Hopefully I'm 100% wrong. =(

Xigger

Smash Lord
Nah. Sells too well, Nintendo can idolize their history and games, and they've been very clear that they would resort to other companies and means if Sakurai would not develop it. Brawl would have been a remake of Melee, and Smash WiiU or 3ds would be by another company. We probably wouldn't have two versions either.

Luigi player

Smash Master
There will always be Smash, since it's so popular. If Skurai won't continue doing the next ones, someone else will take that job.
Smash will only die if Nintendo dies or something.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
There will always be Smash, since it's so popular. If Skurai won't continue doing the next ones, someone else will take that job.
Smash will only die if Nintendo dies or something.
Look what happened to Goldeneye with the 64. Rare did an incredible job with it. Perfect Dark was awesome. Then EA games took over making Goldeneye. They sucked. I never bought one after Rare disbanded. While they can keep on making Smash games after Sakurai, it doesn't mean they will be great.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Look what happened to Goldeneye with the 64. Rare did an incredible job with it. Perfect Dark was awesome. Then EA games took over making Goldeneye. They sucked. I never bought one after Rare disbanded. While they can keep on making Smash games after Sakurai, it doesn't mean they will be great.
I honestly don't think very many people realize this.

Top Bottom