• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Smashing & Bashing #1

Smashing & Bashing #1
Posted by Versite
Bay Point California
Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 01:00 PM
Until: Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 08:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Versite

Smash Rookie
34 Virgil Ct. , Bay Point, California 94565

The Plan
* Friendlies encouraged*
Matches start at 2:00pm starting with Sm4sh
Melee will begin as soon as Sm4sh ends

Fees:
This tournament is ONLY 1$

Rules:
  • Melee
    • Game version: US Nintendo GameCube
    • Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games
    • Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
    • Counter-pick stages: Pokemon Stadium.
    • Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
    • First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
    • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
    • Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
    • Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans.
    • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
    • STAGE RULES ARE OVERRULED IF BOTH PLAYERS AGREE TO PLAY ON STAGE
  • Sm4sh
    • Game version: US Nintendo WiiU
    • Game Settings: 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games
    • Amiibo’s are banned.
    • Available Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd
    • All Omega stages are banned.
    • Following stages decided by winner banning two stages from all stages and then loser choosing.
    • First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1(1)-P2(2)-P1(2)-P2(2)-P1(1) order.
    • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
    • Customs O.K
    • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
    • You may not play on a stage that is not on the available stages list. This will result in a double disqualification.
    • Maximum allowed time between games is 60 seconds. Any player violating this rule will be issued a loss.
    • There will be no loading anything on to the consoles from a Nintendo portable gaming system.
    • STAGE RULES ARE OVERRULED IF BOTH PLAYERS AGREE TO PLAY ON STAGE

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
Is there prize money for placing 1st 2nd 3rd etc? Also, will there be food/a break to get food and what time is it projected to end?

Krubby

Smash Cadet
I'd like to go to this but I have dinner in Benicia that night. What time will this end?

Versite

Smash Rookie
Is there prize money for placing 1st 2nd 3rd etc? Also, will there be food/a break to get food and what time is it projected to end?
I'm sorry for not replying, the tournament did end up having a $40 dollar reward to the person who won either tournament. We also did have pizza and a break in between each tournament. I do plan on making this a monthly or bi-monthly thing but more as a meet up than an actual tournament. I really want to try to make the Bay Area scene a lot bigger. Let me know if you would like to come next time :)

Versite

Smash Rookie
I'd like to go to this but I have dinner in Benicia that night. What time will this end?
It ended around 7pm so you might have made it. I apologize for not replying but I want to try to make this a monthly, or bi-monthly thing, but more as a friendly meet up and once the scene gets bigger, a better tournament.

Krubby

Smash Cadet
It ended around 7pm so you might have made it. I apologize for not replying but I want to try to make this a monthly, or bi-monthly thing, but more as a friendly meet up and once the scene gets bigger, a better tournament.
Ah, I could definitely make it any time in the future! It was a bday dinner so I kinda had to be there but usually I have no life so I can make any others that are held most likely.

Top Bottom