• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfests at Ballistics/Official FSU Biweeklies thread (Next: 2/21/10 Sunday)

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Smashfests at Ballistics/Official FSU Biweeklies thread (Next: 11/18/10 Sunday 12:00 PM)
FEAR THE SPEAR!

Address: 1502 Atkamire Dr, Tallahassee Fl, 32304
MASSIVE EDIT:
If we do end up having a tournament during the smashfest, here are the rules:
Thanks to Anomic Punk for lettin me copy and paste these rules! These are pretty default so we can change if need be

Singles Entry: 10$
1st- 60%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 10%
Doubles entry: 10$ (5/person)

General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are done, Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first follow by brackets. Both Single and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.(Pools for singles only)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at MY discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series unless agree upon by both players.

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Hope to see many of you here! Try and let me know in advance if you're going to show up, so I can know how many to expect!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
....FSU HAVING BIWEEKLIES?!?!

If i woulda saw this thread earlier, i would of been at this one, but ima try to show up to these from now.

FINALLY; CLOSE SMASH! REJOICE!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
T'was a blast, you'll be seeing me again.

Getting there wasnt, though. >.> Im gunna kill google.

I still cant believe i wasted an hour just to find out i had to make a turn BEFORE i get to The Village.

Green_Mario

Smash Journeyman
ill be here everytime :p so you can always count me in...can dogysamich bring any people with him?? hmm??

might change this to saturday soon?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
hey dogy on any one of these weekends say me or me plus some other people wanted to come down could we come saturday and smash with you and then all of us go in your car to one of these things?
maybe; not exactly sure.

Depends on if i could make room.

The living room is pretty junky (i moved off campus, 112)

Kinda depends on the number of people >.>

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
already gonna give it back when I go down for thanksgiving.

dogy: it'd probably be only me and maybe like 2 or 3 other cool people. the pool of cool people I could choose from:

Marty
MarsFool!
Elliot
Jeff
Compton
SleepyK

But alot of them are busy at random times.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
What ever happened to these? For sure you gotta start this back up in the fall when everyone comes back and there's new people on campus!

Top Bottom