• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashes

Ted PJs

Smash Cadet
i have a competent bowser but now matter how much i mix it up in a match i can never find it in myself to use dmsash or upsmash. fsmash is probably my least favorite bowser smash but when i get a chance to hit someone however i want and theyre at higher enough %, ill fmash for an easy kill. all of his smashes to me just seem way too slow, if i ever use dmsash its if a fox is so low when recovering that he either gets hit by it or sds, and after i hit him i always regret it cause they get knocked too high to quickly hit them again. and i never use usmash because uair or tilt always seem like the better option. someone needs to set me straight

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
You can charge a dsmash in anticipation that they'll roll into you and it'll work sometimes. You can do this when they're on the ledge or after a dthrow, or even just randomly.

Usmash can be done out of shield. Ummm... yeah, that's about all I can think of.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Usmash has priority over basically any downward aerial in the game, even links Dair can be hit through with Usmash correctly timde.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
It's pretty tough though. Basically the reason it has so much priority is because there're three invincibility frames, which, if I'm not mistaken, are during his hitframes as well. So if you time it right, cool, otherwise you're gonna eat Link's dair.

On the bright side, you'll usually hit him too and he's lighter.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
It's pretty tough though. Basically the reason it has so much priority is because there're three invincibility frames, which, if I'm not mistaken, are during his hitframes as well. So if you time it right, cool, otherwise you're gonna eat Link's dair.

On the bright side, you'll usually hit him too and he's lighter.
Yeah, this guys speaks the truth.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
dont be afraid to use the up A smash, its a good move and also hits on the way down, so it wont leave you drasticaly open or anything like that. as for the down smash, like someone said before, its good for if they roll into you. however, I wudnt recomend it unless the CPU is low on damage, or you use it on a human player (human player characters have more weight than CPUs for some reason) as they (the human players) get pulled into and and held there alot more effectivly. most CPUs will just bounce around on it and miss the last hit on it (which is also the one with good knockback)

Top Bottom