• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SmashDash] Returning for SSB4?!

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Hey guys! It's been a long time.

Some of you know me as 2nd. My name is Callum Stamp, and I was a pretty big player around here at the time of the Super Smash Bros. Brawl updates. I created a show with my voice acting partner Ian Kovich called SmashDash, which was a comical and quick dash through the week of updates from the Smash Bros. Dojo!! I hope there's some of you around who have fond memories of waiting for new episodes and watching them! We had a lot of fun creating them.

You can read a bit about SmashDash on the Smash Wiki:
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/SmashDash

My first order of business is to tell you guys you can watch ALL episodes of SmashDash RIGHT NOW on my YouTube channel! Go to www.youtube.com/callumstamp to see them and relive those awesome days of Brawl updates. Notice I recently started my new animated show, The Everydays. You might wanna check that out too.

Second, (lol), I really want to propose something:

Would you be interested in SmashDash returning? What if the Dojo updates return?! We're certain we can create something really special, with a lot of new energy and talent thrown in. Some of you might remember that we had our very own server where we uploaded the movies to! This time it will be different. It will be a YouTube show! This won't change the quality, as it'll still be made the very same way, just uploaded to YouTube.

I think, with all of your help, SmashDash could return and become something really big. Become something that nearly all Smash fans would know about.

Let me know what you think, and for now treat this thread as a SmashDash general!

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Not many views... I can see why you're trying to plug your videos.

Just don't try too hard with the new ones. Didn't find these funny.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I remember this! Looking forward to what you'll bring to the community this time!

:phone:

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace

On my other channel they had thousands of views, but this is a rather new channel that compiled them all in one place.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I never saw these when they first came out. Seeing some of the predictions you(?) made is really making me laugh.

Lol....Ness deconfirmed.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I'm not sure you were around at the time of Smash Dash's hayday in the pre-Brawl hype days.

Their vids were HUGE around here! And for good reason!

If you guys did Smash Dash again for the SSB4 updates, that would be like a dream come true!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ah yeah, I remember Smash Dash. Though I only found out about it very late. Like around the Japanese Release of Brawl. I wouldn't mind seeing you do another series for the next Smash Bros if it also receives daily updates. :)

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I'm not sure you were around at the time of Smash Dash's hayday in the pre-Brawl hype days.

If you guys did Smash Dash again for the SSB4 updates, that would be like a dream come true!

I followed the Dojo religiously.

Idk maybe it was '07-'08, 'you had to be there', situational humour

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Callum! Quick question, maybe I missed it in the first post.

Is Ian coming back with you if you make SmashDash for SSB4? It's a dynamic duo, man!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Never even heard of this before, but a comedic take on Smash is just what the doctor ordered. I'll be sure to take a look at those videos when I get the time.

Are you going to do one based on what we currently know (Namco, retro characters, connectivity, Uprising, the current character popularity fanbases)? Or wait until E3/Smash 4's Dojo? As a Smash 4 speculation vet I demand answers. :laugh:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Never heard of this during when I was faithfully watching the Dojo every friggen' day but watching this now I was laughing a good much.

If (and by that I mean "when" since all 3 Smash games had one) we get a Sm4sh Dojo I would totally watch and support this series. You can keep the same formula you used at Brawl as it's great even today.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Whoooa I loved these. Would always look forward to these and Show Me Your News on the weekends.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
I followed the Dojo religiously.

Idk maybe it was '07-'08, 'you had to be there', situational humour
It was.

I really appreciate it! We won't disappoint.

Callum! Quick question, maybe I missed it in the first post.

Is Ian coming back with you if you make SmashDash for SSB4? It's a dynamic duo, man!
Ian and I haven't been talking as much as we used to since we both have a LOT of other projects (games, animations) going on. But the last time I talked to Ian it was about eventual SSB4 recap work.. And he said he'd love to return. This time I'll join him (vocally) and it'll be an even clearer dynamic duo! To know how weird my voice is, check out The Everydays on my channel www.youtube.com/callumstamp (I do all the characters exept the female)

Never even heard of this before, but a comedic take on Smash is just what the doctor ordered. I'll be sure to take a look at those videos when I get the time.

Are you going to do one based on what we currently know (Namco, retro characters, connectivity, Uprising, the current character popularity fanbases)? Or wait until E3/Smash 4's Dojo? As a Smash 4 speculation vet I demand answers. :laugh:
We will wait until E3, because there's a lot of speculation that the DOJO updates will be ANNOUNCED there. If not, no SmashDash just yet.. In its full serial format.

Never heard of this during when I was faithfully watching the Dojo every friggen' day but watching this now I was laughing a good much.

If (and by that I mean "when" since all 3 Smash games had one) we get a Sm4sh Dojo I would totally watch and support this series. You can keep the same formula you used at Brawl as it's great even today.
Woah! Didn't know Melee and Smash 64 had Dojo-like websites?! That's pretty neat. Thank you, we'll tweak the formula a bit.. Just like Sakurai will do with this games ;D

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Whoooa I loved these. Would always look forward to these and Show Me Your News on the weekends.
Yes! Show Me Your News and SmashDash went hand in hand. It was really cool to work together with Youko and the rest of the panel. I really hope there will be a chance to do that again.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Woah! Didn't know Melee and Smash 64 had Dojo-like websites?! That's pretty neat. Thank you, we'll tweak the formula a bit.. Just like Sakurai will do with this games ;D
Yeah, they were Japan only which is most likely why you never heard of them.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Never saw these, but these seem pretty funny and satirical takes on the updates.

Ya could go get back on these for SSB4. But man, I wonder if us SSB4 Backroomers could do something like this as well and get us even more known outside of these boards.

Hum, speaking which, if you're gonna do this again, maybe if maybe, there's anyway other people could join in this project? I'd be interested to. Unless you want to keep it as a duo thing.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Dude you got some wicked talent! The Everydays is so good! The music, the animation, it's all so professional. Reminds me of Life of Shyguy. I eternally regret not joining these forums sooner to witness Smash Dash in the moment. Must've been so cool. I really hope you continue to animate The Everydays and maybe continue your Smash Dash.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
I would very much like to see Smash Dash return. This and Show Me Your News got me way more excited for Brawl than I would have been without them. I will also be starting my own weekly recap's as of this Friday on youtube / Smash Central Official! I really hope we can collaborate in the future!

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
i ****ing loved smashdash haha. man, it'd be great if you started making episodes again... shame you have no content to work on atm though, since the smash bros site doesnt update or reveal much

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
It was a good show but updates aren't done the way they used to be. We can go a whole week and only see one new thing, there's also not a lot of off kilter Sakurai writing to go at anymore, I think you could try again and it might be alright but the way they update us on the game now doesn't lend itself well to your show.

Top Bottom