• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash'd~

Steelia

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=5005]Smash'd~[/drupal]

...Have you ever enjoyed something so much, that it becomes apart of who you are? Something that you feel represents yourself. Something you're passionate about, something you admire. Maybe even something you grew up with.

How would you feel
if that thing you enjoyed,
that thing you felt represented a part of you, started to turn into something more... materialistic?

It started off as curiosity, which grew to enjoyment, which grew to passion. It was something you would never forsake, something you could always talk about to anyone for hours, a discussion you would never drop, nor ever become bored talking about.

The first was just a prototype. If anything, it wasn't meant to exist. Created solely on a whim, to congregate the most famous of faces for a clash unlike anyone would have ever seen, or ever expected.

But it wasn't until the second that people would see just what it could become, just how much love and work could be poured into something to mold it into... something beyond. It was an art. It was an accidental masterpiece. And the best part of it all was how it never ceased to have something new to discover. Even years later, there are glitches and loopholes being accessed, things to unlock, things to discover that people could only dream about in their childhood years.
It was a masterful and fulfilling experience, to be able to enjoy such a well-created labor of love.

...And then it continued.
What started off as a mistake, grew into an art form... which grew into a disgraceful representation of industrialization. There was no love. There was no art. It was simply
there
because it HAD to be. Because THEY
the COMPANIES
wanted their money. Wanted OUR money.

What started off as a test, grew into something for the people... which grew into something created solely to appease to the wallet of big business.

And the saddest part is? It's not stopping there. They are going to continue with this trend of maddening indulgence, not for us, not for you, not for me... only for themselves.

...Have you ever enjoyed something so much, that it becomes apart of who you are? Something that you feel represents yourself. Something you're passionate about, something you admire. Something you might've grown up with.

...Have you ever seen that thing
become a money-fetching marketing tool
blinding millions of people into its hype
concealing its sinful faults and insults beneath a haze of smoke and mirrors?

...Have you ever enjoyed
loved
something, something that was apart of who you are,
then watch as it crashed and burned to the ground
carrying all your memories, all your love, all your pain...
forcing you to disown it? Forcing you to disown what was apart of you, because of how unrecognizable... how disgraceful... it had become?

There are far worse things that could happen to us in our lives. Far worse things that could happen to me, to anything I enjoy. I find it a blessing this is merely one of those things I can let go of, and not lose any sleep over.
But it's just... so sad. So disheartening, to me, to see just what people are capable of doing, to their very own creations, if money is the motivation... to what used to be driven by us, for us.
For me.

Materialism is such a temporary satisfaction in our human lives... Hold fast to the things you enjoy, but don't be ashamed to let them go, if they begin to shame you.
Take care, year?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nah, the only thing I really care about is drawing and I recover from material loss pretty easily

I'm pretty proud when I draw something I like, but the picture itself isn't what matters to me. I simply needed the drawing to put together the idea I had which I than save in my head. I've lost entire sketch books which had "Important" drawings in them and got over it.

Top Bottom