• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashchu's Super Awesome Fiery Sexy Roster of Explosions That All The Cool Kids Love

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Link to original post: [drupal=4636]Smashchu's Super Awesome Fiery Sexy Roster of Explosions That All The Cool Kids Love [/drupal]

Ok, so I hoped to pull someone in with the name.

You may think this is just another roster right. Well, it's not. It's MORE. I've been a huge fan of Smash Brothers for a while, and like a good nerd, I've decided that I will actually predict the entire roster. Why you may ask? Across future Smash Brother discussions, the topic always comes up of this character is likely and this will happen and your wrong because of this ect. But when the game comes out, most of these people are wrong. And worst, they will just do the same thing when talking about the next game. Moving from Brawl to SSB4, I'm going to try to break this. For one, I'm putting my *** on the line by making something everyone can see and criticize. But if I'm right, than I gain just a bit more e-fame and finally say that X idea is not as likely as you say it is.

Here are the rules that I have to follow.

First, after October 31st, I am not allowed to change anything on here. It is forever set in stone. Before that date, I'm allowed to do what ever I want with it, but not after Oct 31. Also, in that sense, I will only grade this (I'll do a score system or something), on characters known before that date. Any character that is after that doesn't count. I might say he/she/it may happen, but it wont matter for the purpose of this. Note that this is any character that is announced in a new game. The only thing I can add after Oct 31st is other predictions that are not characters, but I still can't withdraw them. So let's get started...

The characters

Before I begin, let me set up with what I'm trying to do with this. As I mentioned before, people love to say things are likely without any idea if it could happen or not. So my roster will try to not follow the conventional wisdom that people so love to follow. I'm going to look at the characters on their own merit and less on the wisdom or

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I got a bit hard when I read this was you making a roster.

I've never seen you create one. Just watched you criticize mine everyone's roster. I actually looked back on that roster I posted at the begining of summer. . . it was bad.

Cute design though.

Anyways, I'm excited to see what you have to say.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I got a bit hard when I read this was you making a roster.

I've never seen you create one. Just watched you criticize mine everyone's roster. I actually looked back on that roster I posted at the begining of summer. . . it was bad.

Cute design though.

Anyways, I'm excited to see what you have to say.
He did finish it, it's in the thread haha.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He did finish it, it's in the thread haha.

:phone:
Do you seriously expect me to go back and look for it. Why else would he post a blog about it either? I expect him to post it here at some point.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There will be 48 total character slots-I'm saying individual characters slots here. Not counting things like Sheik. Those people who want to make a stink about the number can go fly a kite. If anyone is pessimistic about this, note that this is 11-13 new characters and Brawl added that amount with ZZS and three characters for Pokemon Trainer.

Mewtwo and Roy will come back-Saying this because I doubt they had much intention of removing them (especially Mewtwo) and people really want them back. Likely.

No Nintendo character (the 33 in the game) will be cut-People will go crazy over this one. "But how?" they might say. Seeing as they planned to have everyone including Dr. Mario back, I doubt they'll take a big chopping block to Brawl's roster. Melee had a lot of characters there to fill up the roster. The clones. It was easier to cut out characters like Dr. Mario who was there more to boost the number of characters. In the same vein, he was planned to come back. So when given a roster made more from the ground up, they will likely not cut anyone. People are too cut happy anyway. But how will they work all of this?

Sonic and Snake will be cut and no new third party character will take their place-I'm sure people will go with this one, but others will be surprised.
There are two reasons I'm saying this. First, Sakurai has stated that they are guest quite a bit on the DOJO. This may not seem like much, but note what he is saying. He is saying these characters are not staples and are there temporarily (which is what a guest is). The other is Sonic. Sakurai stated Sonic was added in 2007 where the rest of the cast was at least a year earlier. But this is the most popular character and one who people wanted before they added third party characters. If Sakurai waited so long to add him, why would he add anyone else. Megaman has never come close to how much people wanted Sonic. My thinking is that Sakurai added Snake as that one cool thing, but Sonic made it in because he was so wanted. Also, the conventional wisdom was that there would be three third party characters. Yet there were only two in the end. I could go on and on, and maybe one day I will make on big post going into more detail, but for now, I'm saying no.

Part 2 below

Now on to what you have been waiting for. The roster.

Toad-I'm putting Toad here because of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but there is a bit more too it than that. Toad has always been a predominate character in the Mario games and is perhaps the only Mario character not added yet. He was popular back before Melee and is always requested at least once. He has also appeared in a lot of game including Super Mario Bros 2 and all of the Mario Kart games. I say New Super Mario Bros Wii because I think this is what put him back into view in a big way (and how well the game did. It was like the best selling console game in Japan in the last 15 years). Interestingly enough, Toad was the only new character added to Mario Sports Mix (from the Mario Hoops game). People may ask about Peach's attack, but I'm sure they can find a way to make it work. There is more than one toad.

Palutena-I'm sure people are scratching their head over this one. Many are banking on Medusa. But why Palutena? If you've noticed throughout Kid Icarus Uprising and even Brawl, Palutena is emphasized more. She is the stronger player in that series (second to Pit of course). I put her here because she stands out. Before people ask “Well, what can she do?” Remember Zelda.

Medusa-Now I went and added two Kid Icarus characters. Kid Icarus is being revived with Uprising. Now, a series that went take for over 20 years has had an explosion of content, including characters. So it should not be surprising to add two characters from this series. Medusa has been revamped much like Pit and Palutena and is still a major player in the game.

Little Mac-Not much to say here. There is demand for him, even before Brawl. A new Punch-Out game has been released. Sakurai likes the games. He'll get in.

Dixie-More people are saying K. Rool (see below), but Dixie is extremely predominate in the series. She is the second character to Diddy and appeared in DKC 2 and 3 (where she was the main character). She is also featured in the Mario sports games now. Not to mention she was planned for Brawl in some way. So she would not be a surprise.

King K. Rool-And now I add a second DK character. I'm adding K. Rool because he is the more popular of the two, but both are very important and prominent in the series and they are popular. So it makes sense to add both. He has appeared in a lot of games and was the boss of all three DKC games. People may not like the fact that there are two DK characters and two Kid icarus characters as well. Do note that both Melee (with Fire Emblem, Mario, Pokemon and Star Fox) and Brawl (with Kirby and Pokemon) has series that added two characters. Doing this will be just as aligned with Brawl.

Shulk-It may not be clear to us folks in the US, but Xenoblade is very popular overseas and is definably popular with Japanese players (no surprise). Let's also not forget all the publicity around Project Rainfail which caused NoE to push up the launch date for the game in Europe. Plus, it's a new 1st party series. Probably getting in.

Takamaru-Again, this will be weird to us Western folk because his game, Mysterious Murasame Castle , never released here in the west. However, it is on the same level as Metroid, Kid Icarus and The Legend of Zelda over there. This is because they were all part of what was known as the Famicom Disk System. So, in a lot of ways, they are like brothers. Sakurai has actually mentioned interest before in adding him back in Melee, but was waiting for a new game to come out.(Source) However, I think he''ll be proactive like with Pit.

Zourark-I'm not 100% on this guy and I'll explain at the end, but I'm banking on a 5th gen pokemon and I'll place my bet with Zourark. It's mainly that he is the one everyone is talking about and also the one that is getting promoted (I know there is quite a bit in the US with the movie and what not). The Japanese are talking about him among any other Pokemon. Plus, illusion makes him interesting. The reason I'm not keen on him is that we are using Lucario as a judge for him. We say, “Lucario made it, so so will he.” But that's more of the conventional wisdom and I think Lucario got in because he was very popular. Think that maybe starters from the game or N somehow (another trainer?), but Zourark is a little more practical.

Ridley-No brainer really. I'm sure someone will mention his size, but many before me have gotten the point across.

Samurai Gohor-I don't here a lot of talk about him, and it's strange. I actually think he's a shoe-in. There is huge demand for another F-Zero character, and he is probably the next most recognizable due to his relation with Captain Falcon, but also that he was one of the original 4. Seeing as there is a lot of demand for another F-Zero character, Gohor will likely get in.

Sherrif-Ok, so this is my crazy prediction. What I'm going for here is the retro character that seems like a norm. We got Mr. Game and Watch in Melee and ROB in Brawl. So who would be next? I'm thinking Sherrif because that was Nintendo's first game. How retro is that? I will say that even I'm on the fence about this one. I'm not even sure how he will work. It's a long shot, but I doubt we can easily guess the whole roster and there will be a characters or two that throws us for a loop. I'm guessing it will be Sheriff.

Now, I am one character short. I will probably add it before Oct 31st. Just waiting for the conference. I'll also add other predictions to this.

So, there we are. Whew, nice to finally finish this. It was an idea for a while. Feel free to tear it down.
10chars...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Whyyyy? He's 2D. . . like Game and Watch. I just don't like the lack of visuals for this character. You have all these extravegant characters to choose from, and you pick this eyesore. I'm not going to say "There are better picks!" or anything, because like you said, it's a long shot. He isn't a bad choice I guess, just really bland.

I'm also curious as to why you added two KI AND two DK characters, but didn't add anything to Fire Emblem? Why?

Why did you choose to add Zoroark, but not Mewtwo? Are you planning to see the roster turn out like this:

Pika
Jiggs
PT
Lucario
Zoroark

I know you don't really like cuts, but it's Pokemon. We have literally over 500 choices, and you stay this stale? I don't even care that you didn't add Mewtwo, I'm sure most casual fans already consider him dead. I'm dissapointed that you didn't cat Lucario or PT for a new Pokemon or New generation trainer. The series is massive, and we just kind of ignored it.

Would your selection differ if we see a 3rd Gen remake in time? (I'm sure we will see one, but not so sure when)

Toad. Fine. I'll give it to you. You've read how I feel about him, no need to even get into it.

Shulk, Sheriff & Little Mac are the only new franchises. Why?

You have: Lucario, Toad, Medusa/Palutena, and K. Rool/Dixie.

You could cut two and bring in some new blood. I mean I know there are a lot of Golden Sun and Sin & Punishment fans. Why did you decide to build up instead of out?

Generally speaking, your picks were good I suppose. I wouldn't mind them.

D

Deleted member

Why did you choose to add Zoroark, but not Mewtwo? Are you planning to see the roster turn out like this:

Pika
Jiggs
PT
Lucario
Zoroark

I know you don't really like cuts, but it's Pokemon. We have literally over 500 choices, and you stay this stale? I don't even care that you didn't add Mewtwo, I'm sure most casual fans already consider him dead. I'm dissapointed that you didn't cat Lucario or PT for a new Pokemon or New generation trainer. The series is massive, and we just kind of ignored it.

Would your selection differ if we see a 3rd Gen remake in time? (I'm sure we will see one, but not so sure when)
SmashChu did mention Mewtwo coming back; Starphoenix didn't paste it from the other thread.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
SmashChu did mention Mewtwo coming back; Starphoenix didn't paste it from the other thread.
I edited back into my original copy/paste.

Although, Smashchu, I'd like to see which characters you said you were going back and forth on?

BladeKnight420

Smash Rookie
One Kid Icarus character is fair enough, but two? Imagine if there was a second advertisement in Melee from Fire Emblem 6 in the vein of Roy. Speaking of Roy, what makes you think he would come back? His use as an advertisement is over now, and they wouldn’t give an original moveset to him if they’re giving one to Fire Emblem.

F-Zero and DK aren’t all that relevant anymore. DK had Donkey Kong Country Returns, sure, but that didn’t have Dixie or K. Rool in it. Having 3 characters even is kind of generous if you ask me, seeing Sakurai planned for only 2 DK characters by combing Diddy and Dixie, and that won’t happen now. If he adds a third, though, it’d undoubtedly be Dixie and not Rool seeing he’s shown more interest in the character.

No Tingle? The Japanese love him, and you gave a less important character to be a 5th Mario representative. So what if he wouldn’t count as a technical Zelda rep because of being his own series, he’d be the substitute for one.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
These are the characters that I think have a chance to be in the next game:

Insert smiley abuse.

Why: They might want to trick us by using an old pokemon.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thank God someone agrees with me about Takamaru being in the next Super Smash Bros. Nice roster predictions! Like my Takamaru for Super Smash Bros. 4 page on Facebook if you really want that to happen. :)

D

Deleted member

One Kid Icarus character is fair enough, but two? Imagine if there was a second advertisement in Melee from Fire Emblem 6 in the vein of Roy. Speaking of Roy, what makes you think he would come back? His use as an advertisement is over now, and they wouldn’t give an original moveset to him if they’re giving one to Fire Emblem.

F-Zero and DK aren’t all that relevant anymore. DK had Donkey Kong Country Returns, sure, but that didn’t have Dixie or K. Rool in it. Having 3 characters even is kind of generous if you ask me, seeing Sakurai planned for only 2 DK characters by combing Diddy and Dixie, and that won’t happen now. If he adds a third, though, it’d undoubtedly be Dixie and not Rool seeing he’s shown more interest in the character.

No Tingle? The Japanese love him, and you gave a less important character to be a 5th Mario representative. So what if he wouldn’t count as a technical Zelda rep because of being his own series, he’d be the substitute for one.
This is Sakurai's game we're talking about. It is being very heavily promoted (having delays for the game and even three OVA's) and both have capabilities to fight. Both will also be highly requested once their game is out. Finally, there's a pattern that every game that a series gets two rep. Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon in 64, Pokemon and Fire Emblem in Melee, and Kirby in Brawl. It isn't too far off to assume that he'll do it again.

As for DK, King K. Rool has more going for him then Dixie Kong. King K. Rool is a very important villain to the franchise and has been starred in some of it's greatest games. He is also one of the most popular requests for SSB4 worldwide, with decent popularity in Japan and being extremely highly requested here.

Also, Japan doesn't really want Tingle in and there are many in the West who hate him. He is the most likely Zelda rep, but still is questionable. And Toad is important to the series; he's among the first major characters.

Top Bottom