• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashCAP 4: Primary Ability Discussion

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
After SmashCAP 4 is done I will purposely spam teams with Sharpedo and TTar just to piss everyone off, forever.

I promise.
Oh don't worry, I've already had other ideas float into my head since that post. I'm not actually too worried about the likes of Sharpedo and Ttar anymore.

Give it Drought otherwise this idea will never work.
Not necessarily.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Well we have to decide if we want one pokémon that is really good in the sun, or one pokémon that makes sun a good effect. If we choose the first one, I think SmashCAP4 should get Solar Power. However, I think the second option would be best. Give SmashCAP4 drought and make it the perfect pokémon to base sunny day around. We already have the wall-breaking special attacking prowess of Zook (although grass/dragon is a much cooler combo to work with).

ss118

Smash Master
How about Thick Fat as an ability? Gives it a fire resist and makes it only 2x weak to ice, meaning with just a bit of bulk, it can take Sharpedo's Ice Shard.

This also allows us to move away from this pokemon being purely Sunny Day, but instead brings the threat of sunny day to the table. If you look at how Chlorophyll is distributed, you see there's already enough hard hitters to abuse with low speed. Now we need to introduce something that isn't 100% useless the moment Sunny Day is gone.

So for the two abilities I suggest Solar Power as the primary one, since it's currently neverused and undistributed period(unlike Chlorophyll). It also gives Sunny Day a new niche over Rain Dance: they aren't hindeed when the weather changes. By switching between Solar Power and Thick Fat, you can design your sweeper to be a complete power-house with Sunny Day(literally obliderating everything), or make it a good offensive one that fits on most teams by giving it Thick Fat. Extra resistance/ less ice weak doesn't hurt.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I was GONNA suggest Thick Fat as an ability, but only once we got to the secondary ability and if we gave SmashCAP4 Flower Gift to at least try to make it a bit more on the defensive side

ss118

Smash Master
Thick Fat would only act as insurance for pokemon that would otherwise destroy it(Sharpedo), or to make it easier to switch into certain pokemon(Heatran). This enables it to act as a key player in a stable offensive team's core.

On the other hand, if players get too caught up with handling the more "general" SWFCaP4, they will more likely lose to the Solar Power variant, as if we pull of this idea correctly it would easily be able to pull off the strategy of either easily sweeping or dieing fast.

And then you have mindgames, like Solar Power on non-sunny day teams or using Sunny Day on Thick Fat versions. Seems plausible, anyway.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hmmm...

I was hoping for Flower Gift / Thick Fat.

That's mostly for my me wanting to be more on the defensive side though so I guess Solar Power / Thick Fat could work

(man, I am seriously being more active on this SCAP than I've been during the past 3 CAPs XD)

Top Bottom