• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashCAP 2: Ability Discussion

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Shield Dust/Insomnia or Shield Dust/Immunity.

Only acceptable ones.

Immunity probably moreso, because it avoids the need to pack Rest just for Toxic.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Well obviously you can't pack rest for toxic with insomnia :p. But yeah actually I like Immunity a lot.

Any opposition to Shield Dust/Immunity?

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Lol, I can't picture A dead plant Pokemon without picturing it being 0HKO'd by a Jirachi Ice/Fire Punch. But I get what you're trying to say.

Maybe like... A gigantic dead tree.
On that note, I'm done with my sprite.

Copyright Nintendo

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
There ain't no moon in a sandstorm. :O

And it's really only been me that's been calling it that, only because I'm too lazy to type out "darkness oriented abilities that reflect the previously established sun-based abilities". Dark-sun seems like an adequate summarization lolo.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I jsut figured out what dark-sun means its like Sandstorm, hail, or rain. Good thing I talked to Writer.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
"Well the ability isn't mean to be based off the night. Just darkness in general. Much like Morning Sun and Moonlight are hindered in the dark, this would be boosted by it. Sandstorm/Hail/Rain are all its benefactors. But if you do a Solar Power-esque ability, it'd be like running constant LO if not in Rain, thanks to the damage you take each turn from Sandstorm or Hail to begin with plus what you'd take from the side-effect from the ability (like the kind on Solar Power). No wait. It's like WoW Guts kinda. Well Lefties would counter the damage taken from Hail/SS. But apart from that, it'd be like a more likely version of Guts. Which I definitely think would be awesome btw."

That's me explaining the ability to Riddle, and putting it in quotes and adding it here so you can all understand it too. If you didn't notice, there's a reason why I couldn't think up a name for it. I wouldn't know how to come up with a name that encompasses something to that effect. :\

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That ability would be called Ecylpse Drain IMO, and the recovery move? Shading

The Ability and Move names are as simple as creative as real moves are (Think about it...).

I've got you your names. But I don't know if I agree with the ideas at hand.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
How does everyone (who hasn't posted yet) feel about Shield Dust / Immunity?

If everyone else agrees a poll won't even be necessary, and I won't have to bother Writer or Spire.

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So far IC3R, myself, Riddle, and UltiMario have supported Shield Dust / Immunity.

We'll wait on the approval / disproval of Annoying, Writer, and a couple others.

-Terywj

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
It depends on whether the dark-sun abilities come to fruition, but otherwise, I like this pair of abilities and I like where this Pokemon is going.
Since the dark-sun stuff doesn't seem to be happening, I'll just officially state that I fully support Shield Dust/Immunity.

If that counts for anything lol.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I also agree with Sheild Dust / Immunity. Thank god this thing isn't offense oriented, since Grass is a god awful offensive type.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Shield Dust/Immunity wins

Shield Dust should be primary I think. Uhh shield dust was my idea and immunity was terywj's so we get credited. Is that it?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I agree also in Shield Dust being the primary. Albeit none of that mattering much.

Moving on. Lock and move, please.

(Wish I could do that myself so I wouldn't have to keep asking Spire... ._.)

-Terywj

Top Bottom