• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Survivor Details

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Hello Decisive Games! My name is Kursed. I am the Smashboards Survivor Host! This thread is mainly for storing information from the Survivor games hosted here on Smashboards! If you're interested in joining Survivor, try signing up for the next season! It's a blast to play and I highly recommend it! (When the new thread is available, I will place a link to it here.)

[PLEASE DO NOT POST AS THIS THREAD IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY]
[I WILL LOCK THIS THREAD AS SOON AS I AM FINISHED WITH IT]

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Smashboards Survivor Winners!
-----------------------------------------

@Yonder

(Season One: 'Survivor: Smashboards Edition!')
---------------------------------------

Last edited:

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Random Tidbits/Survivor Smashboards Records!

The Third Place Club
What is the third place club? This club contains really great Survivor players who just fell short of reaching the final two!
@NheroArconix (Season One: 'Survivor: Smashboards Edition!'
Yonders Words for the wandering
I bring you this special message from Season One's winner! @Yonder!

As a host, I asked Yonder for some helpful advice to new players who want to win Survivor aswell! He responded with this:

Yonder's Words For The Wandering

"My main strategy was in point form...

• Basically start strategizing as soon as day/vote 1 or 2, don't delay in setting up partnerships or alliances .

• ***Be the first to instigate the power plays, don't wait to be approached by someone first. This one is key, as when you call the shots for everyone and promise them staying power, you come out as the alpha male on the end. You aren't being voted for elimination and you're having a major say on who should go. Have good reasoning on a target too. You have to be convincing, otherwise your alliance may not listen to your leadership

• Set up goals you want done, and targets you want gone, always plan ahead 2 moves ahead of everyone else's 1.

• Stay quiet near the beginning, don't display too much prowess right off the bat to set yourself up as a target (see @Zalak).

• Near the mid point, choose to play as a powerhouse in challenges or in the shadows . keep in mind to have support on both ends, mainly a strong alliance and a personality that isn't crushing too many toes along the way. You don't have to be the most likable person, just don't be a complete jerk/troll.

• Don't be a coattail! This is why I came second my first time around. My partner promised me final two, I took it, and they were calling all the shots . I lost 5-2.

• Stay active. Simple, but stay active if you can help it. That's why dimensions was eliminated, nobody likes a player who slows down the votes. In fact, they are the number 1 targets. It doesn't matter how strong you are , if you go inactive, everyone including alliances will turn on you.

• Think outside of the box! This one is my favorite point, if you can make an advantage out of a situation, do it . Like me, i planted false facts to win the facts challenge, looked at Luigi masters active time to buzz in 2nd, and set up that luring message for kitt to make sure I picked the right person to kick off the jury.

• Want a good example?, in the 1st Survivor game i played, everyone signed in at once and then did challenges , eliminating eachother in individual immunities via certain competitions like choosing someone to verse in trivia, first to fail was out of the challenge. What did I do? Hid my online status. Aside from my first check in post in the challenges, I hid back , everyone forgot I was there, and I popped up with all my lives intact and swiped the win. To date, that has been my favorite moment in my Survivor history.

• Don't trust your partner too much . I almost fell pray to this last time and this time, and evaded elimination at the final 5 (ironically both times) via challenges , then they changed plans. Why? I don't exactly know.

• One last point...a 2 person partnership seems to work best. I don't know about big group, but try to have one closest ally.
Pretty much I took notes of my previous loss and mixed my old partners dominating , early move making attitude and my challenge skills (I also won the most challenges last time). I came out of the shadows more without being too prevalent and it worked."
  • Most spammed posts in one challenge: @Zalak (701 posts within 48 hours in Season One: 'Survivor: Smashboards Edition!')
  • First person to be medically evacuated: @Your Mom! (Season One: 'Survivor: Smashboards Edition!')
Have an idea for Random Tidbits? Leave a suggestion on my profile!

Last edited:

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Smashboards Survivor Game Rules!

How would it work on this forum? I have it all figured out. The challenges are simply casual and for somewhat individual. However it involves spamming, strategy and backstabbing your friends. Here are the rules:

The Beginning: Tribes
  • The game will begin with a pre-determined amount of people. (I will try for 16/14/12.)
  • The players will be split up into tribes. (two tribes)
  • Your tribe must work together, and win the challenges.
  • If your tribe loses a challenge, you all must go to Tribal Council (refer to Tribal Council section).
  • The game will continue like this, until we reach the merge.

The Middle: Merge
  • All of the tribes will merge into one tribe, and the challenges will become individual.
  • If you win a challenge, you win individual immunity (this means can not be voted out at the next Tribal Council).
  • When you are voted out in the merge, you become a member of the Jury (You join the Jury automatically if you're in the final 9).
  • Once there is two people left in the game, we begin Final Tribal Council.

The End: Final Tribal Council
  • At Final Tribal Council, each finalist must explain to the Jury why they deserve to win.
  • The Jury will ask the finalists questions regarding their game, and why they deserve to win.
  • After all of this is done, the final voting session will begin; the Jury will vote for who they want to win Survivor.
  • Whichever finalist gets the most votes is the winner!

Tribal Council
  • Tribal Council will always take place right after a challenge.
  • The losing tribe must vote someone out of their tribe.

Prize
  • bragging rights
  • An image/graphic/avatar made in Gimp by me!
  • *not yet confirmed* a professional artist draws something for you! ( i have contacted him. )
  • PREMIUM ACCOUNT FOR A MONTH!

Miscellaneous
  • If you are ever banned, then you will be disqualified.
  • If you do not log on for five days, then you will be medically evacuated (disqualified).
  • If there is a tie, then there will be a re-vote. The two people involved in the tie may not vote, and the people re-voting may only vote for the people involved in the tie. If the vote is still tied, then everyone draws a rock (except for the people involved in the tie, and the immunity holder). Whoever draws the purple rock is eliminated. (this is using RNG)

Last edited:

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Season One: 'Survivor: Smashboards Edition!"

Yonder♕ - Winner!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
~Evicted Players:
15. TheKingOfKoopas - Runner Up!
14. NheroArconix - Sixth Jury Member
13. BI l Lawliet - Fifth Jury Member