• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Partners with CEO 2014

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Bellevue, WA - Smashboards, the worlds largest site dedicated to Super Smash Brothers and home of the competitive Smash community with over 130,000 members, has partnered with the premier fighting game tournament CEO 2014. CEO, first launched in 2010, has grown every year and is now the largest summer fighting game tournament in the Southeast, US. CEO 2014 promises to be one of the largest Smash Brothers tournaments to date. The 30,000sqft venue will prominently feature both Super Smash Brothers Melee and Project M with the finals for both games taking place in a real boxing ring. Smash will be livestreamed in HD by VGBootcamp and will reach tens-of-thousands of additional viewers at home.

"CEO is very excited to partner with the largest Smash website in the world. Ever since the incredible resurgence of the Smash Community all over the world, I have wanted to reach out to the national community again and work with people willing to help CEO grow. There is no better way to reach Smashers than partnering with Smashboards, the home of the Smash community. With my experience and their love of the game CEO 2014 is looking to be one of the best Smash tournaments in Florida's history and we're excited to have the support of SmashBoards." Said Alex Jebailey, director of CEO Gaming Inc.

Registration for the tournament, taking place at the Wyndham in Orlando, Florida on June 27th-29th, begins March 1st, 2014. Early bird registration is $30 in March with increases afterwards - there is a $10 per game registration fee. The games being featured at CEO 2014 are as follows:
  • Ultra Street Fighter 4 on XBOX 360 which is slated for an early June release. If there are any delays then it would be AE2012
  • Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 on XBOX 360
  • Killer Instinct on XBOX ONE
  • Injustice Ultimate on XBOX 360
  • King Of Fighters XIII on XBOX 360
  • BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma on Playstation 3 US Version
  • DiveKick on Playstation 3
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Playstation 3
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee on Gamecube/Wii Hosted by Gaming Knights
  • Project M on Wii hosted by Gaming Knights
  • Capcom Vs Snk 2 Legacy Tournament on Playstation 2 Featuring BAS from Japan
More information can be found at ceogaming.org
Click here to RSVP

Last edited by a moderator:

GrownCannoli

Smash Apprentice
Guess I am going to CEO over EVO.

Why can CEO stream Smash but EVO can't? Is it really nintendo doing it? or is EVO just as big of a sellout as it looks like now?

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I am so confused on why CEO is able to stream smash but EVO couldn't... I guess CEO > EVO is just how it is now

Last edited:

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
CEO isn't as big a deal as EVO, that's why. It's more under the radar,

Frage

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fragery
3DS FC
1349-4646-1151
More Smash Tournies and Streams!? i couldn't be any more happier.

Top Bottom