• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: New Stages for franchises with a character

psb123

Smash Cadet
I was browsing through the archive of threads in this "Smashboards Creates" category, and to my surprise there weren't really any threads dedicated to creating stages. Well I hosted a Stage Creation Contest on this forum once upon a time so why not? Let's make a thread designed to post ideas for new stages from franchises that have had a playable character in any Smash Bros game. Or in Smash Ultimate since that includes the series' entire roster anyway.

And as I said, only franchises that have a playable character in Smash. If it's one that doesn't? Sorry but it's not allowed. That being said I'm trying to be flexible on what I consider to be allowed for the already present franchises.

I would allow Shin Megami Tensei for Persona, King of Fighters for Fatal Fury, things like that. If you're unsure if something is allowed, feel free to ask me. After all I do still have restrictions in place like no Xenogears or Xenosaga for Xenoblade.

And I feel like this goes without saying, but we're only taking stuff from official games here. Don't just slap down something from a fan-made mod and call it good. Also only allowing stuff from video games. Nothing from tv shows and such that a character on the roster has been in. The one exception is I will allow Disney Worlds that have actually been in Kingdom Hearts.

Feel free to list any possible requirements for unlocking the stage as well. You don't have to if you don't want to, but it's an option.

And please, show some good detail for how your stage would work. To give an example of what I mean, I'll go ahead and post the first submission myself.

Mount Volbono
(Super Mario Odyssey)

First of all, I'm not super great with backgrounds and alignments. But given the chosen layout as well as the area this stage is based on, I think you can get a pretty good idea of the background and the blastzones and such.

This stage is mostly like Battlefield, but as you can see the solid platform that takes up the majority of the stage is a little wider. That's because a pot of stupendous stew is cooking in the middle of the solid platform. It is a liquid, but it's too shallow to swim in. So characters can just walk through it.

Wouldn't walking through boiling hot stew damage a fighter? Well initially, no. It's still in the process of cooking and it hasn't reached a temperature that high yet. Key word being "yet".

Much like Green Greens with it's Apples, this stage will spawn an exclusive item. This image displays them as the Luncheon Kingdom's Regional Coin, but in reality they're the crystalized ingredients you would see in the Luncheon Kingdom while playing Mario Odyssey.

These will spawn even if items are turned off (again, like the apples in Green Greens) and act as a throwing item. A pretty weak one at that. They don't deal much damage or knockback at all, and they break when they hit a fighter.

But remember, these are ingredients. The true purpose of them is to throw them in the pot of stew. After a certain point in time the stew will start to boil. Which will deal non-flinching burn damage to any fighters in it overtime.

But if a player has thrown at least 3 ingredients into the pot, then it will instead act as an overtime heal for that player. Players that have this effect active will know it because their colored arrow of "P1" or "P2" and so on will start pointing to the stew. The amount of damage healed is the same as healing spirits like Elise from Fire Emblem Fates, but with a much shorter wait in between heals.

There's one other function of the stew granting healing properties to take note of. Let's say that Player 1 has thrown 10 ingredients into the pot, while Player 2 has only thrown in 4. In this case, the healing effect will only apply to player 1. The player who has the highest amount of thrown in ingredients will always be granted the healing effect. Other players can only have the effect active for them if they've thrown in an amount that makes them 3 or less away from the leader.

So if Player 1 has 12 ingredients in the pot, well take away one ingredient and it's 11. Take away 2 and it's 10. And take away 3 and it's 9. So other players would need at least 9 ingredients in the pot to also have the healing effect.

When the pot is done boiling, the ingredients are used up. The counter for all players goes back to 0 and they have to start again.

Unlock Method:

Starting Stage

And that's that. Hope to see some submissions from you soon and welcome to the thread ^_^

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Oh I love comin up with stages! Hope this thread takes off. Here's something for Castlevania that I thought of a while ago, based on the inverted castle from Symphony of the Night. I call it Reverse Castle.

The stage is a combination of two very large areas. The top of the stage has an open ceiling, which is the “top” of the Reverse Castle in Symphony of the Night: the Reverse Caverns. This is a thin but wide cave-like area with pools of water scattered in the holes of very uneven terrain. Some ceilings exist from outcroppings of rock at the top. The entire area has a blue tint to it, and various small creatures like rats and bats can be seen.

Underneath this thin area at the top are two vertically thin shafts below it. These are the upside-down staircases of the Black Marble Gallery area of the stage. It is very hard to get any KOs down there with walls on almost every side. The shafts both lead down to the blast zone, but many soft platforms exist to catch fighters falling down. On either staircase is a teleport room, which will send any fighter who touches it to the other staircase.

Similarly to The Great Cave Offensive, there is a failsafe here to make sure KOs can still happen. Death, one of the most recurring antagonists of the Castlevania series, will appear on this stage and fly around in irregular patterns, passing through walls to get to his destination. Death works like the Death’s Scythe item, where any fighter above 120% damage will be instantly KOed by a slice from Death if they touch him.

When hazards are turned off, Death will not appear.

The Ω form and Battlefield form of this stage both involve a hard platform with the same aesthetics of the Black Marble Gallery (including marble statues in the background) floating above the cavern area, which can be seen in the far background of the stage and slightly below, making the main focus the gigantic full moon.

Have some tunes too.
  • All previous Castlevania-series songs from the base game
  • A new remix of Dracula’s Castle from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • A new remix of The Tragic Prince from Castlevania Symphony of the Night
  • A new remix of Prologue ~ Mina's Theme from Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
  • Finale Toccata from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Poetic Death from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Guardian from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Evil’s Symphonic Poem from Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
  • Clockwork from Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse (Castlevania Judgement version)

psb123

Smash Cadet
Oh I love comin up with stages! Hope this thread takes off. Here's something for Castlevania that I thought of a while ago, based on the inverted castle from Symphony of the Night. I call it Reverse Castle.

The stage is a combination of two very large areas. The top of the stage has an open ceiling, which is the “top” of the Reverse Castle in Symphony of the Night: the Reverse Caverns. This is a thin but wide cave-like area with pools of water scattered in the holes of very uneven terrain. Some ceilings exist from outcroppings of rock at the top. The entire area has a blue tint to it, and various small creatures like rats and bats can be seen.

Underneath this thin area at the top are two vertically thin shafts below it. These are the upside-down staircases of the Black Marble Gallery area of the stage. It is very hard to get any KOs down there with walls on almost every side. The shafts both lead down to the blast zone, but many soft platforms exist to catch fighters falling down. On either staircase is a teleport room, which will send any fighter who touches it to the other staircase.

Similarly to The Great Cave Offensive, there is a failsafe here to make sure KOs can still happen. Death, one of the most recurring antagonists of the Castlevania series, will appear on this stage and fly around in irregular patterns, passing through walls to get to his destination. Death works like the Death’s Scythe item, where any fighter above 120% damage will be instantly KOed by a slice from Death if they touch him.

When hazards are turned off, Death will not appear.

The Ω form and Battlefield form of this stage both involve a hard platform with the same aesthetics of the Black Marble Gallery (including marble statues in the background) floating above the cavern area, which can be seen in the far background of the stage and slightly below, making the main focus the gigantic full moon.

Have some tunes too.
  • All previous Castlevania-series songs from the base game
  • A new remix of Dracula’s Castle from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • A new remix of The Tragic Prince from Castlevania Symphony of the Night
  • A new remix of Prologue ~ Mina's Theme from Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
  • Finale Toccata from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Poetic Death from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Guardian from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Evil’s Symphonic Poem from Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
  • Clockwork from Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse (Castlevania Judgement version)
I've always liked the idea of a stage from Symphony of the Night that does more than just be a reskin of the current Dracula's Castle Stage and this one's got some good ideas to it. Nice job.

Top Bottom