• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates - Konami vs Capcom: Concerto of Champions

Should our game be 3v3 or 2v2? Or something else?

• 3v3

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • 2v2

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • screw it, we’re making this a 4v4 i guess

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Alright time to start voting. Here’s what we got:

Capcom:
Vote for the Capcom stage here:

Konami:
Vote for the Konami stage here:

And while we’re voting, I figured we’d go ahead and start our next job.

Job #31: Submit a Capcom villain and/or a Konami villain

You know what our roster is lacking right now? Some real baddies. Devilotte and her crew have to carry the weight of being the only evildoers on our roster, so why don’t we give em two more friends to represent the rogues gallery of both companies? The villain can come from a new series or one we already have represented on our roster. As long as they play an antagonistic role in their game and aren’t already a boss or assist, they’re on the table.

That’s enough talk from me, submit the baddest villains you can find!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Job #31
Albert Wesker - Resident Evil (Capcom)
1654042813165.png
If you played MVC3 you know damn well what a beast he can be, and when I think in villans I want to see someone dreaded, someone who would make you piss your pants and Wesker is that class of guy.

Liquid Snake - Metal Gear (Konami)
Liquid_Snake_(MGS).png
#1 Yeah I know that there are two Metal Gear characters already and #2 I also know that Armstrong is far more popular in the general public but I want Liquid, I want to see him beating your ass barehands and using the Metal Gear REX to obliterate you, also Wesker and Liquid in the same game sounds nuts.

I wasl also considering Akuma and the mentioned before Armstrong, but I wanted to submit something a little different of what is most likely.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
I know that Resident Evil's already submitted right at a previous post, but I think that and Silent Hill are among the biggest omissions thus far.

Job #31: New Villain Fighters

Capcom Character - Lady Dimitrescu

Lady Alcina Dimitrescu is one of the major antagonists in the eighth main-line installment of a survival horror video game series Resident Evil (which started in 1996), Village released in 2021. She is a mutant human aristocrat from Romania, who maintained the role of a ruler/countess over the castle named after herself as one of the region's Four Lords for sixty years, being feared by the locals over allegations of mass murder and cannibalism. During the events of Resident Evil Village, she is shown hunting Ethan Winters (the protagonist of RE7: Biohazard), who is trying to save his daughter Rose after she was abducted by Mother Miranda, alongside her "daughters" (Bela, Daniela and Cassandra) for an unknown ceremony.

Even though she isn't exactly said a giant fighter in Konami vs. Capcom unlike Devilotte and Vic Viper, Alcina Dimitrescu is still a towering character like Nemesis T-Type. For her moveset, she can utilize retractable claws from her fingers for quick slashing/stabbing attacks to impale the opponent, call in one of her three "daughters" to attack them (with a different attack button determining who), heal herself by draining their health bar via lifting and biting them like a vampire, summon a swarm of bugs/insects, etc. For her Level 3 super, Alcina will transform into her dragon-like Cadou beast/mutation form in her final battle against Ethan in Village.

Konami Character - Pyramid Head

Pyramid Head is one of the recurring characters in the Silent Hill series, who first appeared in 2001's Silent Hill 2, where he is a manifestation of the protagonist, James Sunderland's guilt and desire of punishment, who exists to keep him human in attempt by trying to help him remember his past actions. Pyramid Head became so popular he started to appear in other games such as Homecoming (as The Bogeyman), The Arcade, Origins and Book of Memories, even showing up in two live-action films, comics, a novel, guest appearances in Konami's games such as Krazy Kart Racing, New International Track & Field & Super Bomberman R and finally, a Silent Hill chapter in Dead by Daylight.

As the start for his moveset possibilities, wielding his signature weapon, the huge Great Knife, Pyramid Head may seem very slow on the ground, but he packs quite a power by swinging it around in attempt to cut the opponent down and using his abilities from Dead by Daylight like Rites of Judgement (quickly stabbing into the ground and rushes forward with red demonic energy-filled wooden planks/barbed wire appearing as he drags it; maybe working like Sol Badguy's All Guns Blazing from Guilty Gear, minus instant-killing?) and Punishment of the Damned (stabbing his Great Knife onto the ground to erupt a grounded spike wave akin to Terry's Power Wave, Geese/Rock/Rugal's Reppuken and more like Sol's Gun Flame), maybe even briefly trap the opponent for a short time inside the Cage of Atonement.

He can also use the Great Spear for faster, yet weaker attacks such as running jousts or throwing it forward, even being able to stab the opponent with a "tongue" emerging from his helmet, teleport behind the opponent through fog and summon various monsters such as Lying Figures, Mannequins, Bubble Head Nurses and Creepers.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Capcom Villain: Sigma (Mega Man X)

He has a lot of games to work with for his moves.

Mega Man is iconic enough to get another rep, and Sigma is one of the main choices.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Alright, looks like Temen-Ni-Gru and the Clock Tower will be our next two stages! Congrats to Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer and tonygameman tonygameman for getting their stages in. Character submissions will be open for another day, so I'm gonna throw my choices into the ring.

For my Capcom villain, I'm just gonna resubmit B.B. Hood because she's cool and I like her :)
Job #31(Capcom Side): B.B. Hood (Darkstalkers)

View attachment 349186

Baby Bonnie Hood is one of the many colorful characters in the Darkstalkers cast and one of the only playable humans in the roster. Despite her innocent exterior, she is a cold, ruthless, homicidal maniac through and through. She is a trained assassin who hunts Darkstalkers for money and disguises herself as a defenseless little girl to catch her target off guard.

While we literally just added Morrigan to our roster, I think we have plenty of space to give Darkstalkers another character or two somewhere down the line. Darkstalkers has quite possibly the coolest cast of any Capcom fighting game franchise and it’d be a damn shame if we didn’t explore it more thoroughly. There’s plenty of other Darkstalkers I was considering for this spot, particularly Jon Talbain and Lord Raptor, but I absolutely adore Bulleta and would love to see her come back for another Vs. game outside of MvC2. I adore the idea of a character putting on an innocent facade to manipulate their opponents, and the way her intentions show through in her animations is nothing short of brilliant. This is 1000% a bias submission and I’m not even attempting to hide it.
Konami Villain: Luca Blight (Suikoden)

Luca_Blight_Card_Stories.png

So remember when I said I started playing Suikoden II recently to get a better feel for Riou? As soon as I started playing, I was immediately drawn to this ******* man, Luca Blight. A bloodthirsty, megalomaniacal prince hellbent on controlling the land and taking control of the Highland Army. As the self-proclaimed "true face of evil," he takes joy in being the Absolute Worst and has a body count in the thousands. While I personally think we should get a Suikoden protagonist eventually, I think Luca has some merit as one of the more memorable antagonists of the series and being so over-the-top with his villainy that he fits this job like a glove. Luca fights with his signature sword and powerful fire magic.

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Capcom Villain: Bandero

This is a resubmission, so I'm just gonna go ahead and repost my last writeup for him, but I love this snarky and proud mecha military man. It's an underrepresented series that did Capcom a lot of good for about ten years. Having brushed up a little more on this series since I last submitted it, I can say that those who've played Lost Planet consider him (and the title's gameplay) to be the highlight of the game. His smug grin and built physique tell you about the kind of guy he is. How can you not love-hate him?

Job #26: Capcom Rep: Bandero (Lost Planet)
View attachment 352092

Lost Planet may not have gotten a new game in a while, but the original did really good numbers for Capcom, and it was important enough that the mech in it managed to get in Tatsunoko vs Capcom as a playable rep, so I think it's time we give it a proper spot in one of these games, especially since the Konami side is going to have a heavy sci-fi and military focus between Metal Gear and Contra. If I was to rep one person, I think it needs to be Bandero, one of the two main antagonists of the first game, and the ultimate weapon of Neo Venus Construction (NEVC). Why? Honestly, just...look at him. He looks like he could be a Metal Gear villain already, and I think his whole personality is that of just a big, overconfident, and sadistic supersoldier would fit right in.

He is second-in-command to a whole army that he can use at his disposal, and on top of that, his brute strength, and his proficiency with a handgun, he also has the power of a 'vital suit' mecha nicknamed "Heavy Ivan", loaded up with electrical drills and rockets. Simply put, he'll bring every character on every side, Konami OR Capcom, to their knees.
Konami Villain: Hajima Basuzima (Bloody Roar)
Basujima.png
BUSUZIMA...THE CHAMELEON

Don't let the surfer bro punk appearance fool you into thinking he's a goof or an idiot, because that's just what he wants you to think. In reality, this guy is your Dr. Moreau of the Bloody Roar franchise. He's an always cheerful, raving mad scientist obsessed with the splitting of human and animal DNA, and will kidnap unwanted test subjects to carry out his experiments. He is the true villain of the series, being the person behind the scene in the Tyron Corporation, as well as the creator of the final bosses to the first two games in the series.

His fighting style involves attacking people with his hips and butt, but it's after he transforms that you need to really be wary of him because he can turn invisible in an instance, and in addition to that giant chameleon form, he can also transform into just about any reptile he wants: snakes, lizards, alligators, tortoises.

But if you aren't already disgusted by him as a person, you'll more than likely be annoyed, as his obnoxious attitude gets under just about everyone's skin. He's the guy nobody invited, and everyone wants to leave, but for better or for worse, he's here to stick his stupid mug where it doesn't belong.

I want to see him because I think he's a fun character, and I feel like he would do well on the Capcom side given how important scientists are to the Capcom side of things. Imagine this guy working with Dr. Wily on some sort of project that combines robotics and bioengineering, or working with Shadaloo scientists to give Bison a body that allows him to turn into a wolf or something...

Pitbull wait no.png

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Okay yall, submissions for Konami vs Capcom’s Next Top Villain are closed. Here are our devilish contestants:

Capcom:
Vote for your top three characters. Your own submission can only go in last place.

Konami:
Vote for your top two characters. Your own submission can only go in last place.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Capcom:
  1. Sigma (the name say it all, truly a Sigma Male)
  2. Jedah (also very based)
  3. Wesker (pure bias)
Konami:
  1. Dracula (I think it would work better has a boss but I'm fine with it)
  2. Liquid Snake (pure bias part 2)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Dimitrescu
2. Wesker
3. BB. Hood

1. Luca
2. Pyramid Head

Last edited by a moderator:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I just wanna clarify that we are only voting for our top two choices for Konami since there are less than six submissions.
  1. Lady D - If we’re going for recent fan-favorites, there’s few options better than the tall vampire lady. Very few Resi characters have achieved her overwhelming popularity, so it makes sense to put her in a new Vs. game. Also it’d be fun to have her in a game with the Castlevania gang.
  2. Bandero - Lost Planet is admittedly a pretty big blind spot for me, but I’m definitely sold on Bandero. This guy needs to interact with the Metal Gear cast.
  3. B.B. Hood - She’s neat :)

1. Pyramid Head - I have mixed feelings on adding him as our main Silent Hill fighter, in part because of how the creators feel about his over-saturation. But he’s someone they would realistically add, people like him, and we have enough space to squeeze in one of the protagonists later down the line. As long as he isn’t our only SH rep, I don’t mind having him here that much.
  2. Busuzima - I know next to nothing about Bloody Roar, but this guy sounds amazing. Love the idea of having this super annoying reptile scientist man who’s way smarter than he lets on.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Capcom:

1. Bandero - I was sold on this dude from the moment I laid eyes on him. Super interesting cut that fits really nicely.

2. Lady Dimitrescu - Resident Evil Village is so far my favorite I've played in the series and she's awesome and the entire cast is just so cool. It singlehandedly made me a fan and she'd be just fantastic to play as.

3. BB Hood - I just like her a whole bunch.

Konami:

1. Busuzima - He was my main! His moveset is insane and I LOVE him as he fits with the other villains in the game. Awesome.

2. Luca Blight - Gotta get rep in and this is such a cool pick.

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
1. Lady Dimitrescu (I'm gonna limit myself to one RE vote here because it's my all-time favorite Capcom franchise, and while I really love Wesker, I like having a representative for 7/8 era and she's easily been a breakout star.)
2. Jedah (MY BOY. You deserved so much more than that mid MvC game.)
3. BB Hood (I know it seems hypocritical to say I'm limiting myself to one RE character and then pick two Darkstalkers characters, but I can honestly see a strong justification for both Bonnie and Jedah, and I would love either to get in.)

1. Luca Bright (My Suikoden knowledge is super limited, but I really appreciate how unusual of a choice he is, and honestly, I just really like this type of villain a lot)
2. Busuzima (We've yet to get a Bloody Roar rep, and while I'll probably be pushing for Yugo as well, I think he adds a good bit of variety as a choice when it comes to characters from BR)

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Capcom:
  1. Bandero
  2. Baby Bonnie Hood
  3. Alcina Dimitrescu
Konami:
  1. Busuzima
  2. Pyramid Head

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Okie dokie, voting is now closed. Here are the results:

Wesker: 4
Lady D: 11
Jedah: 4
Sigma Balls: 3
B.B. Hood: 6
Bandero: 8

Liquid: 1
Pyramid Head: 4
Dracula: 2
Luca: 5
Busuzima: 6

As you can clearly see from our results, our next two fiendish fighters will be Lady Dimitrescu and Hajima Busuzima!!! Give it up for tonygameman tonygameman and PuyoWitch PuyoWitch for their submissions! Now onto the next round!

Job #32: Submit a Devil May Cry and/or Bomberman assist.

It’s time to do more assists baybee!!! This time for Man Bomber and pizza man. Remember to include a light, medium, heavy, and super attack in your submission, and that whoever wins will be disconfirmed for the base game.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Job #33
V (Devil May Cry)
V is the other half of Vergil after he tried to reject all his human heritage prior to the events of Devil May Cry 5, he is that human part of Vergil that he thinked it was what makes him weak. honestly I was thinking on Lady on Trish first but I think it would be cool to include V here instead.
  • Light - V summons Griffon who use Round Robin where he does a explosion of electricity around him.
  • Medium - V summons Shadow and use Arbiter where Shadow attacks with his tail, in the air the move is Bayonet where Shadow transforms into a saw and falls.
  • Heavy - V summons Nightmare and use Desperado, Nightmare jumps and does a hammerfall punch.
  • Super - V uses World of V, he summons all his familiars at once and at the same time he attacks summoning a lot of lightning attacks.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #33: Bomberman Assist - Mujoe

Mujoe is one of the recurring villains in the Bomberman series, who debuted in Saturn Bomberman where he is known as "Mr. Meanie" in it's English translation and later appeared in other games such as Max 2, Generation and Jetters (based on the same-named anime series itself). He is a professional wrestler and the commander of Hige Hige Bandits by using the inventions of Dr. Mechado, after he was offered the position when being found drunk by Bagura who took him to his home, seeking to capture rare items of the universe in order to please his superior, though he tends to fail because of his poor planning or simple-mindedness.

Mujoe also appeared as the main antagonist in a crossover game DreamMix TV World Fighters, in which he invited various characters from different realities besides Bomberman (Simon Belmont, Solid Snake, TwinBee, Moai Head, Master Higgins, Yugo Ogami in his wolf form, Power Pro-Kun, Optimus Prime, etc.) in attempt to pull in more ratings for the DreamMix TV's show World Fighters where he works as a co-host alongside Haruna (an original character created for the game) and the final opponent/boss until facing his demise against the player.
  • Light - Mujoe rushes forward as he performs a dashing punch. When he hits the opponent, he will perform a pose with his muscles before disappearing.
  • Medium - A Hige-Hige Bandit will run in-front of Mujoe before tripping off as it turns into a rock to hit the opponent (Battle Grunt B in Saturn Bomberman).
  • Heavy - Mujoe summons the Hige-Hige Bandit sitting on a cannon as it fires out a missile forward that explodes on-contact, referencing both Battle Grunt C and FinalZ variants in Saturn Bomberman.
  • Super - Mujoe will enter inside his ship/spacecraft, the ArmorJoe, and fire down the opponent with powerful turrets that shoot out laser/energy beams while dropping down wrecking balls from the sky (the latter attack being a reference to his boss battle in DreamMix TV World Fighters).

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Alrighty, V and Mujoe will be our next pair of assists! Congrats to Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer and tonygameman tonygameman for getting their assists in. Onto the next round!

Job #33: Submit a Konami boss

It’s been a while since our first boss job, hasn’t it? I wanted to wait until after we did our villain job so that we weren’t cutting too much into our pool of potential choices, so now’s the prefect time to finally decide who’s going to accompany Lucifer as one of the game’s big bad guys. Describe where the fight is going to take place, what their moveset is like, any additional phases if applicable, and any other details you’d like to include. There aren’t a ton of restrictions on who’s eligible for this job, but I’d still recommend characters on the larger side to accommodate for our giant fighters. Also keep in mind that anyone who wins this round is disconfirmed from our base roster!

That’s it from me, let’s see what yall can come up with!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Job #34
DRACULA (CASTLEVANIA)

You can't go wrong with him, a very iconic boss in the gaming industry in general and will also be a good pair with our Capcom boss. It's quite obvious that his boss fight should be in his throne room in his castle. Most of his moveset and appearence would be based on the most iconic appearence of him, SOTN. And by default, is near identical to his Smash version only adapting some of his moves to not be broken (or useless) in a traditional FG.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #33: Konami Boss - Ryukotsuki

Ryukotsuki is the main/primary antagonist and final boss of the side-scrolling action-adventure video game Getsu Fuma Den, which Konami developed for the Nintendo Entertainment System's original Japanese model, the Famicom, in 1987. The game focused on a titular/eponymous warrior Getsu Fuma, who is the member of the ancestral Getsu Clan and youngest of it's three brothers, as he ventured to the island of Raging Demon in order to recover their spiritual Hadou katanas (which were passed within the clan for generations) and defeat the Demon Lord who emerged from the deepest pits of Hell, Ryukotsuki himself, as he vows to avenge his slain brothers.

Before Konami finally announced a hack-and-slash "roguevania" sequel after 34 long years, Getsu Fuma Den: Undying Moon, which has been released recently for Nintendo Switch and Steam in February this year, the game has been referenced over the years such as Wai Wai World (where Fuma can be recruited for Konami Man's team in both games, with his world even having Ryukotsuki as a boss), Pop'n Music 18: Sengoku Retsuden, Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (a special DLC chapter based on the original Famicom game; with it's remix of "Go! Getsu Fuma" appearing as a selectable song in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate), Otomedius Excellent (where Ryukotsuki was gender-bent with Fuma's descendant, Gesshi Hanafuuma) and finally, even as a collectable set of three cards (with him being re-named Ryu Kokki) in Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Ryukotsuki will appear as a three-phase boss who changes his form each time a health bar is depleted (much like Abyss in Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes), starting as a horned skeleton in ceremonial robes who leaps around in an large arc while teleporting and shooting out fireballs from his arms. When defeated, he will next turn into a tall warrior-like Oni demon, who carries a shield which blocks various attacks/projectiles and tosses quick poison sais/knifes either straight forward or diagonally upwards at the player that depletes their health over time, depending on their position.

A final phase will eventually have Ryukotsuki revealing his true form, a giant dragon-like skeleton demon as shown above. He attacks the player by swiping at them with large claws, pounding the ground with his foot, burrowing a claw into the ground to slash beneath them, creating smaller skulls that slowly descend upon them (from his fight in Undying Moon), spewing orange energy blasts downwards in a spreading manner and a larger, purple fireball that sends out a wave of flame pillars to both sides. Despite having quite a huge amount of health in this form (akin to giant fighters), Ryukotsuki can be damaged by attacking his only vulnerable point, a large red heart visible through his rib-cage.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Boss submissions are now closed! Here’s what we got:
Vote for your favorite boss here:

I’m also gonna open this next character job up, because we are gonna be approaching this ine a bit differently and it’s going to be a little more time consuming as a result.

Job #34: Submit a new Capcom series and a new Konami series to add a character from

Yeah, I told yall this was gonna be different. Instead of submitting specific characters, we’re going to be pitching series from both companies first. Once we vote and decide which series we wanna add, we’ll be doing jobs where we submit characters from the winning franchises.

I’ll admit that I stole this idea from the Battle of Ages thread, but it’s way too good of an idea not to use! For series with more than one viable rep, this allows us to thoroughly explore our options for that franchise and decide who the best rep would be. This job will also help us secure a spot for an important franchise that we might have skipped out on before, which if I’m being completely honest, is something we really need with how much we’ve been prioritizing smaller picks over big series that we could’ve gotten out of the way sooner. Not to throw shade on any of our picks, but I feel like we’ve made a habit out of avoiding larger foundational choices in favor of characters that, while cool, could’ve waited a bit. And I think buckling down and deciding to lock in a specific series will really help alleviate that issue.

Now this should go without saying, but please only submit a series if there’s more than one viable option for a rep. We can’t really do a job on, say, Frogger, because there really isn’t any point. There’s no room for discussion because there aren’t any other options on the table! Also we’re only doing new series for this job, so nothing that already has a playable rep.

Now that all that’s out of the way, it’s time start submitting! I look forward to seeing what yall come up with!

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
JOB #34
BREATH OF FIRE (CAPCOM)
Yeah, trying to give Breath of Fire some spotlight once again, especially looking that the thread tries to give more variety to the roster, there are a lot of characters for select even if the most obvious choices are either any version of Ryu or any version of Nina.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
YU-GI-OH! (KONAMI)
Yu-Gi-Oh counts? If it did then I consider it a great choice, you can choice a character like Yugi, Kaiba, Yusei, Yuya, etc or a monster that there are TONS to select, a lot of monsters are fan favorites so if the selected option is one of them there is a big pool where to choice.
Unfortunately Yu-Gi-Oh is not eligible for this job, since it originated from Shonen Jump and isn’t really a first-party Konami thing.

D

Deleted member

aad122e4a911f5da8a39c268397a7891.png

Onimusha
Samurai cool. This series has only ever been in one VS game and that's a shame. It has cool characters to pull from.

Suikoden_Logo.png

Suikoden
I don't know a lot about this series but it has a LOT of characters to pull from.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Capcom Series: Rival Schools
rivalschools-poster-art-hd.jpg

In terms of non-Street Fighter Capcom fighters, Rival Schools is probably the one who's seen the biggest resurgance of popularity as of late thanks to Akira's appearance in Street Fighter V. While certainly not Capcom’s biggest hitter, Rival Schools still has its own cult following and has even appeared in two Vs games, with Batsu in Tatsunoko and Kyouske in CvS2. I wouldn’t be opposed to adding Akira or the two Vs veterans again, but the wide variety of colorful characters with movesets revolving around after-school activities gives us a lot to work with for potential alternatives.

Konami Series: Silent Hill
F1157685-15A3-428B-8532-7EECACF485F8.jpeg

In my opinion, the biggest omission on our Konami lineup thus far. Silent Hill was freaking huge back in its heyday and quickly became one of gaming’s quintessential horror franchises thanks to its greater emphasis on psychological horror. Silent Hill may have been dormant for a decade, but fans still hold the old games in high regards, and there’s been rumblings about a new Silent Hill game possibly being in development. It’s definitely one of those foundational picks that we’ve been dragging our feet on adding, and I think now would be the perfect time to finally secure its place. Each game had a different protagonist and wide variety of monsters, so there’s no shortage of potential options to discuss.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Capcom: Lost Planet
1654695738031.png

Lost Planet is a franchise with multiple games, including the manga-inspired spinoff EX Troopers. While it's never been one of Capcom's biggest IPs, it's a notable and interesting one with a shockingly fun amount of characters to include and discuss. We've talked about Bandero in the past and I love him but Tatsunoko vs. Capcom had an actual Vital Suit as a playable character, there's the first game's protagonist Wayne, various monsters, and another personal fave of mine, EX Trooper's protagonist Bren Turner.

1654695618595.png

Konami: Bemani
1654695945892.png

I don't think this is cheating...

Bemani is the name given to Konami's arcade rhythm games, a massive selection that includes Beatmania (of course), Dance Dance Revolution, pop'n Music, my personal favorite Sound Voltex, and many, many, many more. Not only do these games have great tunes (that are often shared), they also have tons of fun characters! I've brought up Afro and Emi before, but consider Rasis, the Tsumabuki Twins, Voltenizer Maxima, Lyonel Karlheinz von Godel...and that's just Sound Voltex! Every game has a crazy soundtrack, unique style, and tons to offer, and pop'n Music especially is a big hit right now, so hey, let's do a deep dive into Konami's rhythm game history!

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Konami series: Robopon
Robopon transparent.png

Although it was a blatant cash grab to fit into the Pokemon fad of the 90's, Robopon managed to have three games under Hudson's belt (although it was localized in America by Atlus). There are some of these Poke-rip-offs that have whole lore built around it and make things their own. This is not one of those franchises. This is literally just Pokemon if the Pokemon were all robots. The premise is you're a kid whose grandpa gives him a Robopon dispatch business, and from there you travel around your island and fight seven..."top-ranked Robopon collectors".

About the only thing it had that was unique to it was an infrared data swap. I highly recommend this article on it if you have the time.

Now, if you can give Robopon credit, however, it has a fun art style and a cute cast of android creatures. 3 games to choose from, too, and that's not counting the different versions of the handheld games, like 'Sun version' and 'Moon version'.

Robopon.png

There are samurais, Astro Boy-inspired superhero robots, nurses, witches (hi), pirates, and what looks like literally just Golem from Pokemon. Keep in mind, this is just one of the games. I think it'd be fun to do a deep dive and find the best robo-scrimblo.

Capcom series: Final Fight
Final Fight.png

Final Fight has constantly just fallen short of making it into this game a few times by now. It's a shame considering I would easily call Final Fight the most influential beat-em-up game ever created, but every character submitted has been up against real stiff competition so far. Besides being influential, though, just about every playable character and boss in the franchise is a character in their own right. So, considering Street Fighter 6 just got a big trailer that revealed that a good chunk of the game takes place in Metro City, however, I think now is the perfect time to pick our FF rep.

Haggar's always going to be a fan favorite, but I'd argue just about everyone who made the Street Fighter crossover deserves to be on the table, at least. The series has three mainline titles to choose from, two spin-offs including its own 3D Fighting game, and even that weird PS2 GTA Final Fight game featuring where you play as Cody's military brother.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #34: New Series

Capcom Series - Bionic Commando

Bionic Commando is an action platformer video game series, which was designed by Tokuro Fujiwara (known as the creator of Ghosts n' Goblins and producer of Mega Man & Resident Evil) for the arcades and Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom in 1987, created as a successor to his earlier Konami game Roc'n Rope in 1983 by building on its grappling hook mechanic, known for being one of few instances in a platform game where the player cannot traditionally jump (except in Rearmed 2). The series focuses on Nathan "Rad" Spencer, a soldier who was given his trademark bionic arm, which he uses both as a weapon and a grappling hook to pull himself or swing from ceilings. It's success has achieved a few sequels like Elite Forces on Game Boy Color, a Rearmed duology and the 2009 reboot, with Spencer himself appearing as a fighter in Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds and Infinite.

The series started as a sequel to Tokuro Fujiwara's earlier run-and-gun classic, Commando, which was released for the arcades in April 2nd, 1985, which starred Spencer's supporting ally and commander, Joseph "Super Joe" Gibson, as he fights through enemy soldiers in a battlefield while armed with an assault rifle and a limted supply of grenades. The game itself became a high-grossing success, spawned numerous clones and popularized the run-and-gun shooter genre following its release, having been followed with two sequels, 1990's Mercs (in which Super Joe can upgrade his weapon, detonate Megacrush Bombs and pilot enemy vehicles like tanks; has a kick-ass soundtrack) and 2008's Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3, alongside a 1986 spin-off, The Speed Rumbler.

While it may seem like only Nathan Spencer can be seen as a playable fighter from this series, I have just explained about Commando and it's sequels itself being part of the canon, with Joseph "Super Joe" Gibson himself as a second potential character to pick up for his games' influential impact and fitting well with Konami's library of military-themed games and shoot 'em ups/run-and-guns overall, like Metal Gear & Contra themselves.

Konami Series - Rocket Knight Adventures

Rocket Knight Adventures is a side-scrolling platformer/shoot 'em up video game series, which was created by Nobuya Nakazato for the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive in 1993, who was known for designing many Contra games such as III: The Alien Wars, Hard Corps and Shattered Soldier. It's setting is a mixture between medieval, fantasy and steampunk elements, starring an anthropomorphic opossum called Sparkster, who occassionally has to stop various armies consisting of pigs, robots, wolves, etc. to protect the peaceful Kingdom of Zephyrus and avenge his deceased adoptive father killed by his rival, Axel Gear.

The first game itself is praised for it's graphics, high-speed action gameplay and soundtrack (very awesome to listen out, such as a first stage theme which was remixed for the 2010 reboot, a iconic boss theme and Lakeside from the SNES game) composed by Akira Yamaoka of Silent Hill/Contra fame, becoming successful enough to get a few sequels on Genesis, SNES and PS3/Xbox 360/Steam (latter was given for free in Xbox One last year), cameo appearances (Ganbare Goemon 2, Snatcher's SEGA CD version, a RPG/dating-sim Mitsumete Knight, Contra: Shattered Soldier and New International Track & Field) and even a comic book story arc in Fleetway's Sonic the Comic (with a planned sequel by fan demand, though they no longer had the license from Konami). It also inspired numerous indie games like Freedom Planet, Shovel Knight, etc.

For potential characters to bring up:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Alrighty, the results are in, and Ryukotsuki will be our Konami boss! Congrats to tonygameman tonygameman for getting his boss in!

I’m also gonna call it for the series submissions. Most of the thread regulars have already posted, and I think we have most of the notable missing franchises accounted for. Here’s what we got:

Capcom:
Vote for your top three choices! Your own submission can only go in last place!

Konami:
Vote for your top three choices! Your own submission can only go in last place!

1. Final Fight
2. Lost Planet
3. Power Stone

1. Suikoden
2. Bemani
3. Silent Hill

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Rival Schools
  2. Final Fight
  3. Onimusha
Shout out to literally all the other submissions, any of the series are great ideas imo.
  1. Suikoden
  2. Silent Hill
  3. Rocket Knight

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
1. Final Fight
2. Rival Schools
3. Breath of Fire

1. Silent Hill
2. Bemani
3. Suikoden

I really think it's finally time to get Silent Hill in this ****. We've had a serious problem with dragging our feet with these foundational IP in favor of just going for characters that could wait. This should have happened so many jobs ago. Enough is enough. Let's do it.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Capcom:
  1. Power Stone
  2. Final Fight
  3. Onimusha
Konami:
  1. Silent Hill
  2. Robopon
  3. Rocket Knight

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Rival Schools
2. Power Stone
3. BOF

This was really hard. Final Fight came super close.

1. Silent Hil
2. Bemani
3. Suikoden

Yeah. Its time we finally got SH in this thing.

Top Bottom