• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards adds $500 Prize Bonus to Project M at CEO 2014

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
CEO 2014 is just around the corner! To celebrate the largest Project M tournament of the summer, Smashboards is kicking in a $500 prize bonus to be given to the top 3 players in Project M. In addition to the prize bonus for Project M, 1st place in both Project M and Melee will receive a limited edition Smashboards backpack! Smashboards will also have other items to giveaway to players who attend the event! Registration has already passed over 150 players for both Project M and for Super Smash Brothers Melee and is still open until June 22nd. All of this is on top of the $1,500 that was raised in a TeeSpring crowd funding campaign for all games - though news on how the additional $1,500 will be distributed has yet to be released.

The prize bonus, provided by Smashboards, will be split for Project M as follows:
  1. $300
  2. $150
  3. $50
This means the Project M Prize Pool is now guaranteed to exceed $2,000 total!

The backpacks, seen below, will go to first place in Super Smash Brothers Melee and Project M. If the same person happens to win both singles tournaments then second place in Project M will receive the backpack.

Some of these items will be available at CEO 2014!

Last edited by a moderator:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
This is what I'll be paying for if I go premium?

Screw it I'll stay normal
In all reality, pretty neat. Too bad I'll never get it. I could get a Wii U with that money and both versions of Smash would then be mine

JB_G.O.A.T.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2165-6358-2520
So the PM showcase had the boxing ring from sm4sh.,.
No actually the ring is a CEO thing. The main Stage at CEO is always a boxing/wrestling ring. It seems Jebailey loves wrestling, thats why he gives out belts instead of trophies for the tournament winners

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
No actually the ring is a CEO thing. The main Stage at CEO is always a boxing/wrestling ring. It seems Jebailey loves wrestling, thats why he gives out belts instead of trophies for the tournament winners
No, they used the smash 4 ring.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
But it's not over 9000 :(

Project M has really taken off though, I'm quite surprised.

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
You will never attend a smash tourney that breaks 10,000 in the pot
This a sad feel

Longshotte

Smash Rookie
NNID
Longshotte
3DS FC
5155-3259-3672
It's based on the Smash 4 Ring. The point of it is that it is the Smash 4 Ring mixed with the real life CEO Ring that the players play on. It's basically the same in layout but the background and design on the ring is different. It will also only be used in the Fightermania matches.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
It's based on the Smash 4 Ring. The point of it is that it is the Smash 4 Ring mixed with the real life CEO Ring that the players play on. It's basically the same in layout but the background and design on the ring is different. It will also only be used in the Fightermania matches.
Technically the CEO Ring Stage was shown and announced well before Little Mac or the Smash 4 Ring stage ever came out.

Only did it to represent the ring CEO has used for 3 years now. Just total coincidence they look alike but cool none the less.

So technically the CEO Ring PM Stage is based on CEO.

M@v

Subarashii!
Looking forward to this one. First national I've traveled to in a loooonggg time (Apex 2013 was the last). Fight Pitt IV was in my hometown so that's an exception.

M@v

Subarashii!
And MLGs in 2010 were easily over 10k combined total pots. GNES won 12.5k alone for MLG texas in 2010

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Our ring is based on 1. a custom stage made in 2011 for Brawl and 2. the official CEO ring, as Jebailey has explained. Has nothing to do with Smash 4.

Last edited:

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
Just to be clear; we ARE talking about the stage the landmaster does a barrel roll on, right?

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
It's in times like these that I wish I was closer to those tournaments in USA. Well technically I'm really really close to Canada, Quebec is right next to Ottawa so at least I can play competition there and they have alot of people, but it isn't the same

$500 prize bonus!

Brought to you by 33 1-year premium prescription members!

Its cool to see the support of SWF for P:M. Not something that would ever have happened back in MLG ownership days.

Top Bottom