• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashalot 7 7/21/07 San Antonio Tournaments

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
im too wanting to know who is going where ^.^ so im not sure where to be

*knives*

Smash Apprentice
So this thing is still going on right. I mean if I drive 4 hours down there please tell me someone will be there playing smash lol.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,
Just got back from my trip to California and I didn't have a chance to keep up with the forums. Hope there is no confusion about our tournament.

Here is a quote from Cliff, the owner of Gamelot.

" Hello everyone ! First off.... Just wanted to say many thanks to everyone for supporting our tournaments these past 6 months. I hope everyone has had fun and enjoyed their time with us at Gamelot.

never been to the other one but $!5 for teams/singles beats out $15 for just singles
We have read your posts and understand the desire for a tournament with a smaller entry fee. Tournaments with smaller entry fees equal smaller prize payouts. We will be happy to change our Fee/Prize structure for this tournament. PLEASE take note of the prize support breakdown listed in Felix's next post.

Hope to see everyone on Saturday! No matter which tournament you particpate in... Good Luck and God Bless! "

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone ! Here is what we are going to do for this tournament:

$15 at the door.... ALL tournaments will be included! One singles main event, a Second singles event ( this event will begin after the fourth round of the Main event). a team event will follow the end of both singles events.

Prizes: $5 x the number of players for each event. (example: $5 x 20 players = $100) Broken down into the following percentages.

60%
25%
15%

Unlimited Free play in the arcade for everyone that has registered for the event.

All rules and times from the original post will not change.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey everyone ! Here is what we are going to do for this tournament:

$15 at the door.... ALL tournaments will be included! One singles main event, a Second singles event ( this event will begin after the fourth round of the Main event). a team event will follow the end of both singles events.

Prizes: $5 x the number of players for each event. (example: $5 x 20 players = $100) Broken down into the following percentages.

60%
25%
15%

Unlimited Free play in the arcade for everyone that has registered for the event.

All rules and times from the original post will not change.

That sounds awesome...

mmmm..free DDR.....

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That sounds awesome...

mmmm..free DDR.....
That sounds awesome indeed.

Unfortunately, I have chozen to go to neither, seeing that everyone is going to TP, and none of my buds are going to Gamelot.

Next time Felix, I swear it.

Nike.

Smash Hero
geez, me like the new tourney rules

ddr for free owns my mind
2 SINGLES!!!! yep hope a lot of people come to this one.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Nope, just $15 for the entire day. And to make it clear the prize pay out will be identical for all three tournaments.

Also, it'ld be great if you guys could bring your gamecubes, because the stores has plenty of TVs that usually go unused at these events.

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
sorry but have two singles makes absolutely NO sense. If anything, it should be free entry for another game, but good luck finding something every smasher secondaries (whether it be Halo, 3rd Strike or something else entirely).

Anyways, I'll stop by, but I'm heading on to Trader's Planet. Personally, I think Gamelot should reschedule this.

Smash Apprentice
sorry but have two singles makes absolutely NO sense. If anything, it should be free entry for another game, but good luck finding something every smasher secondaries (whether it be Halo, 3rd Strike or something else entirely).

Anyways, I'll stop by, but I'm heading on to Trader's Planet. Personally, I think Gamelot should reschedule this.
nooo skeeto i wanna go to both lol

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Kyle, their are a few reasons why we organized the tournament this way. First is for all the people who get eliminated early and never win in money. Those people will get the chance to play more and to win some prize.

Second, usually teams tournaments have far fewer people than singles because most of them will leave after getting eliminated and not wait around for hours for the next tournament. Some tourney organizers have tried to change it by scheduling it before the singles event. We're trying to keep more people for teams by giving them something to do in that time where they would normally have left.

Hope that makes more sense.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Felix, any idea whats going to happen then? Seems like most people are going to the TP tournament that day.

If I go anywhere, it'd be to this one, but right now its only like a 50/50 that I'll go.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Nope, just $15 for the entire day. And to make it clear the prize pay out will be identical for all three tournaments.

Also, it'ld be great if you guys could bring your gamecubes, because the stores has plenty of TVs that usually go unused at these events.
ill bring my cube. but i only have 1 controller. :(

Nike.

Smash Hero
seemed kinda easy to understand for me

you pay $15 for 3 tourneys
$5 of that for singles
$5 for second singles
$5 for dubs
pretty nice way to motivate people to stay, but cash prizes will be smaller

but it looks like TP is where everyone will be. i really hope enough people go to actually have a tourney.

Nike.

Smash Hero
DOUBLE POST!!!

suspect, looks like we may have a chance lol
when did you get back from wyoming (or wherever)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I tried pulling some strings, but seems like I'm gonna have to miss this tournament too.

Oh well.

Good luck to anyone who went.

-------

Oh I'll just ask...

how many people went afterall?

Oh, and shut it betty.

Nike.

Smash Hero
6 people entered, so we did a round robbin, or w/e it's called. i got second, and a whole $2 extra, so like YAYNESS!

Top Bottom