• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashalot: 4 4/21/07 San Antonio Tournaments

Ultima sora

Smash Rookie
just one more question bfore the tournament, Do wev pay $20.00 each? or is it 20.00 for the whole team?

Neo_Link

Smash Rookie
Alright! The Day is here! Start the smashing! P.S Me and my friend are bringing everything we need. G-Cube, 4 Controllers (2 Cordless), and My T.V.

Mr.C

Smash Master
dont think converse is going to make it

i have a large ***** i own my vanish is on a 5 min cooldown cause teh sux

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Mr C can't even play 2d fighters lolz.

Powershielding is nice and all, but is it essential? hell no. Betty is right.

Parrying? I have one video allow to show you how important and how difficult it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np_5BHmaSI4

Ken would have died if Daigo wasn't able to parry all those hits since the super (the fastest **** super in the game, like 1 frame startup or some bs) would have destroyed his one point of health left due to guard damage.

(Note: Daigo is so **** asian, he pratically reads minds. If Daigo played smash, he would 3 stock Ken)

Besides, powershielding doesn't actually leave you [as] open. If you mess up, you raise your shield (or don't.... oh well, eat the hit you nub)

If you parry, you get it or you don't..... you don't block if your timing is too late.

Now Naruto................... yeah, that game don't take skill. Jump A spam, guard break combo spam, then do one tech follow and **** combo....... or just **** combo from the get go. Did I mention the unblockable specials that do more than %50 percent health? that you can just do on a wake up? And all the characters can just do two pokes to combo into it?
if naruto is so easy then why are you not good at it??? BTW this is paul.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
yea that wasnt me that was my friend L.Canti (who doesnt go here)
anyways im very disappointed that no one showed
8 man tournys are no fun

anyways heres the results for the tourny

1 smiles
2 ESPY
3 ANH
4 Dyse
5 Felix
5 MC
7 Steven
7 LOLZ

so yea if your gonna say your gonna come then come but if its last minute no show then let people know =/

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
dude the tourny is over and teams is almost done

no point in coming now

pr0ject240sx

Smash Rookie
hey great tourney, wish there were more people to enter. btw anh, is a vietnamese word describing an older brother or boyfriend, which is me =)

just think that its another word for aniki, but viet.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Thanks ^
Luckly since I showed up late I was able to play him. He was pretty good for only playing for a year, but not quite to very good status. Give him a month or so more to learn DI and a few other things and he'll **** though.
Random teams too good.
Gale and I rapesies =)
Kyle you didn't play me =(
Ryan, Go was too good, again next time.

Forkgirl lied, she said she'd sheik ditto me T_T

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
haha. When was the last time I went to a tourney?

Also, my new house is much cooler, and smashfests are easier to hold...so I wouldn't mind getting back into smash if people want to come over and play.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Note: Daigo is so **** asian, he pratically reads minds. If Daigo played smash, he would 3 stock Ken
Not so sure about that last part. Daigo is a well-established traditional fighter genius, there's no doubt about that. But smash and traditional fighters are apples and oranges. I'd wager that the greater degrees of freedom of movement in smash would necessasrily lead to a broader suite of instances where one could potentially predict a movement or behavoir that might lead to punishment. In other words, it appears to me that there are simply more instances in smash where the ability to "read minds" is necessary to achieve "pro" status in this community. And, I think the point of my post becomes implicitly clear assuming the aforementioned assertion hinting at the greater complexity of smash holds true.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nick, can you get in contact with my brother? He stole my DS charger and I want it back >_>...

Edman XERO

Smash Apprentice
For the actual fact that I haven't played in months, I don't really care for Melee anymore, since I waited too late to 'really play.'

I'm just waiting for the next one.

BTW, Betty, how are your black eyes?

lolecho

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Is there anyone close to New Braunfels that wouldn't mind havin some smash practice situations? I'm not goin to teh tournament, but i'd like to someday. I'm a roy player mainly.
PLEEEASE i hate practicing against lvl 1 computers and doin training mode like a lil gay school boy.

Top Bottom