• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashalot 1/20/07 San Antonio Tournament(s)

tehuberone

Smash Rookie
SSBM on a PS2 controller?!!! Blasphemy!!! Who the heck is this guy?!!!
My wavebird is on the fritz....

Ok I'll bring my Wii, and my TV.

The PS2 controller is a standard dualshock 2. Nothing special. Just used to it I guess.

Might buy a wavebird though if i get enough cash.(just got wario ware)

See you guyz saturday. O I am tehuberone and new to deez boards.

I frequent Dtoid.com

Can't wait for brawl.( btw it's freakin cold outside.)

Nike.

Smash Hero
Um, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but in my opinion the wavebird has a little lag for melee, sometimes I can't use the moves I want to one after the other, so it really slows my game down. But yea thats just my opinion so if the wavebird works for u then go ahead and use it.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
One of the fastest players in TX uses a wavebird and he seems to do just fine. I personally haven't used one so I can't say what I think.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
...wtf is a wavebird? Yeah so any way I'ma try and make it to this and what not........... >_> sooooo YAY!!!

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
I'm always afraid to bring a wavebird to a tourney cause I think I'll get interference that'll just screw me over mid match. Then i've also thought about coming to a tournament with someone better than me and both bring wavebirds. And if I get in a tough match i'll let my friend take over for me and maybe win(don't do this, its cheating.)

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
One of the fastest players in TX uses a wavebird and he seems to do just fine. I personally haven't used one so I can't say what I think.
Who were you refering to JF?

Oh and currently I cannot even come for casuals:( because i'm on the job 2 pm to 10 pm. I'll try to see about bumping that up to a dayshift, but I'm not gonna hold out if that kills me getting off the 27th for Joe Michael's tourney.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I have used a wavebird for a very long time now I dont really see any problem with it if there is lag then I've gotten used to it. I'm glad you got a wired controller though people give me crap for using a wavebird all the time lol -_-

reqy

Smash Journeyman
ive never seen a problem with austin's wavebird except when he's trying to set the right frequency after he jacks it into the cube.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hey, I have a large chance of going, hooray!

In other words, I'm expecting to show up...hopefully.

reqy

Smash Journeyman
I just dont trust wireless internet connection. *insert angry face*
Wireless connection isn't that bad but I guess people have some bad luck with it. Wireless Connection and a laptop do work together well. Never had problems playing online games with it either.

i dont mind either wired or wireless controllers. Wired just gives me something to be annoyed by when im angry.

Would you still get Brawl if the controllers were Wiimote based only, Xel?

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Jordan would somehow conjure a wired control out his magical gay powerz.

Teehee.

Our mm was fun Jordan, thank you for owning my Fox.
I want to try that again, but not a MM.

kekekekekekekekekekeke

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Reqy you watch me plug in my controller *blushes* do I have a smash stalker?!

reqy

Smash Journeyman
Yeth, ur Fokth thkillth turn meh lyke on ya know! I lyke wanna get pwnt by ur thine-comboth all the time and thtuff. I'm your thecret admirer, ya!!!! But really it takes like 2 minutes for u to get set everytime i notice at the character select screen(Wait a sec...*click click click* *takes it out, plugs back in* *click click* k it's good!). have your batteries ever cut out in a match?

I am so going to be so nervous at the tournament if i am able to go...maybe if the one who i admire tho much thowth up maybe that will calm me down <3 <3 <3

AustinRC

Smash Lord
LOL yeah I do that some times its because my controller and I have a love hate relationship I love it and it hates me so... Yeah any way I have never had my controller crap out in a tourny match if you just replace batteries before a tourny then its fine there wont be a problem. BUT if you run into *** holes like me who also has a wavebird I will walk around find you in a tourny match change my frequency and make you suicide in tourny LOL :) I've only done that like.... once LOL no johnz! J/K!!!!

RiceBurner

Smash Cadet
Felix15c, this looks like a lot of fun. So it's $15 just to enter? Or does that include money for pot? Or...prize I should say. If you still need help, I would love to get some hosting experience in. If you don't need anymore help...hell, I'll play in this tourny (yes, I play other games besides Naruto and yes, I love giving money away :p)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
lol it would be wise to take riceburner on his offer Felix15c
though hes not that good at smash he trys unlike someone else i know from RnJ >.>;;
anyways you can talk to him or me seein how im always on here almost everyday

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Its just $15 bucks for the tournament. Thats it. So feel free to come by and just check it out if you want. And I would be happy with the extra cube and TV kyle : )
Felix...what did you mean by that?

If it is $25.00 I can't go, can you clarify this?

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Ugly, the tournament is $15. That is it. There is no registration fee to just get in, or anything like that.. And $25 is absurd price for a tourney (unless you want people to travel across the country than its not so absurd)

Riceburner, I don't mind you helping out. In fact if you do, that means i can actually enter the tournament instead of only watching and working the tournament organizer program like i'ld originally planned.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Results and stuff

The Crew at Gamelot want to thank you all for attending this event. Thanks!

And here are the results for the singles.

1: Rob$ $80
2: Caveman $45
3: Red $30
4: Reqy $30
5: Forkgirl $20
5: Felix $20
7: Santi
7: Edgar
9: Chris
9: Carlie
9: Kaze
9: Dojo
13: Nike20
13: Shalank
13: ****
13: TUO
17: N008
17: San
17: SK5
17: Uglywombat

And here are the results for the team tournament.

1: Zulu and Smiles $40
2: Forkman and Cavegirl $20
3: D$ $10
4: Combatzone
5: Team Mojo
5: Downsmash
7: Team ****
7: Skosh

The next tournment is going to be on Saturday Feb. 17.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Dang, of course I ended up playing 2 Peaches, the one character I cannot beat!!
arrrr!!
Dude, that's my rep, okay? Find your own.

Also, Wombat got last?! Wtf?! I thought you got good. It doesn't even look like there was anyone really good there either, aside from Rob$ and Cave. Altho 3rd and 4th must be decent to have beaten Taylor; That surprises me. I wanna know who those guys are, and I wanna play them sometime.

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I hardly recognize most of that list, I guess there was some good advertising for this one to attract so many new players. I bet I could have placed well. Oh well.

Oh and JF, Wombat always says he's gotten better. Then I three stock him. And he usually says he's not trying anyways. Well, it shouldn't be too hard for a space animal to beat Gannondorf right? Why, he should barely have to try:psycho:

Top Bottom