• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash World Tour Fantasy League

Of the four remaining fighters of the Smash World Tour, who do you think will reach the finals?

• Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey Kong

• Mario

• Yoshi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crusader Gaming

Smash Rookie
Hello, Ladies and gentlemen! I'm Calvin Black of Crusader Gaming and this is my official thread for the Smash World Tour; a new fantasy league where I put a bunch of Smash fighters in a series of tournaments, give em a Level 9 CPU, and just let em run wild for your enjoyment. The tourneys will be posted on my YouTube channel, but this is where I will track the progress of the league. This thread will be updated around 9 pm Central Time on Wednesday, a few hours after the semifinal round is posted on my channel, so be sure to come back for more.

Here are the current standings after Stage 2:

Knockout Round Results

Match 1 - #1 Samus vs. #8 Link
Game 1 - Link
Game 2 - Link
Game 3 - N/A

Winner - Link
Score - 2-0

Match 2 - #4 Donkey Kong vs. #5 Fox
Game 1 - Donkey Kong
Game 2 - Donkey Kong (Sudden Death)
Game 3 - N/A

Winner - Donkey Kong
Score - 2-0

Match 3 - #2 Pikachu vs. #7 Mario
Game 1 - Pikachu (Sudden Death)
Game 2 - Mario (Sudden Death)
Game 3 - Mario (Sudden Death)

Winner - Mario
Score - 1-2

Match 4 - #3 Yoshi vs. #6 Kirby
Game 1 - Kirby
Game 2 - Yoshi
Game 3 - Yoshi

Winner - Yoshi
Score - 2-1

The weak have now been weeded out. Here are the matches for Stage 3.

Semifinal Matchups

Match 1 - #8 Link vs. #4 Donkey Kong
Match 2 - #7 Mario vs. #3 Yoshi

Stage 3's matches will be best-of-5. Once again, they will be 3-Stock battles with a 3-minute time limit. Items and the Smash Ball is off, but hazards and the Smash Meter is on because it's my league and I can do what I want with it. Also, the higher seeds in each match will earn a home-field stage advantage. This advantage will change as the tourney continues.

Here are the stages for Stage 2.

Match #1
Game 1 - Great Plateau Tower
Game 2 - Kongo Falls
Game 3 - Battlefield
Game 4 - Great Plateau Tower
Game 5 - Kongo Falls

Match #2
Game 1 - New Donk City Hall
Game 2 - Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Game 3 - Battlefield
Game 4 - New Donk City Hall
Game 5 - Yoshi's Island (Melee)

Also, the four eliminated fighters will compete in a special bonus stage outside of the main tournament. A 1-Stock contest called Last Fighter Standing. Items, Smash Ball, and Smash Meter are all off. Plus, the launch rate will be 0.5x. This will be their last chance for bragging rights, and will have implications toward the next tourney, so be sure to tune in for that.

And that's about it. Come back around 9 pm Wednesday night to see the results of Stage 2 or go to my YouTube page to watch the tourney now. Till next time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom