• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 5th

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
how about telling us about the wii u thing on the 3ds menu

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
At least now I know where to go for single player modes, haha. But it looks interesting that there might be a group "single player" mode, even though it shows multi-man in the picture, I don't think it will be just that. Maybe a duo classic mode? Or something else we don't know?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Holy **** Sakurai, don't you think that people don't already know about this stuff since, like, a decade? At least with the Smash Run pics, he kept on repeating info about something new.

Sakurai:
"Ridley? Mewtwo? Pretty sure no one cares about them. Instead take a look at the menu my wife designed! Truly a life accomplishment!"

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
I'm really feeling it! :4shulk:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So it's been confirmed that event matches are not available in Smash 3DS. Perhaps it's a Wii U exclusive game mode.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
hope we'll see what's included in the group smash category menu next. I really want tournament mode back for the 3DS version.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Menus menus menus..... All showing off things we already know about. Could this be another Filler Friday before a big announcement?
I guess you must be the only psychic around here cause nobody knew exactly what was beyond the Games & More button. It wasn't showed before so this is actually news for us.

So it's been confirmed that event matches are not available in Smash 3DS. Perhaps it's a Wii U exclusive game mode.
Uh, nothing's being confirmed, man. There is still the "Smash" button left, we just need to wait to see what's there.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Holy **** Sakurai, don't you think that people don't already know about this stuff since, like, a decade? At least with the Smash Run pics, he kept on repeating info about something new.

Sakurai:
"Ridley? Mewtwo? Pretty sure no one cares about them. Instead take a look at the menu my wife designed! Truly a life accomplishment!"
This is a pretty disgusting post. Honestly, the level of entitlement makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. We are a week away from the Japanese release of the game, a WEEK! You should expect more mellow pic of the days and a week ago we just got a character reveal in the form of Shulk. Stop whining and complaining as it will do you no good at the end of the day. Be grateful we are getting ANY pics of the day cause Sakurai does not have to give you anything at all, although judging from your arrogant post, you would probably be fine with that given your apparent disappointment.

And please don't assume that everyone knows about this information or the leak because many still don't. You are not the centre of the universe and Sakurai does NOT revolve around your wants and needs when it comes to Smash news or information. Honestly, just be patient cause within a week and you'll know EVERYTHING the game has to offer.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Well it is the JP release day next week. I'd rather less be known so more can be found in the inevitable blow-out of information next week in leaks and streams.
It's not a leak if someone who owns the game is showing stuff.
Wait, so target blast is replacing target test? I don't mind too much, will sort of miss target test though. But I guess having a character specific target test like in melee would take too much time for smash 4, and having the standardized target tests in brawl wasn't as interesting.
I think it's a pretty safe bet that Target Test will be in the Wii U version. And since it's on the Wii U they should be able to give each character their own stage again, but they might do it Brawl style again. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for that. But that's something that definitely wouldn't be possible on the 3DS.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Hm, something's bugging me about this... That same image of the back of Mario's head sure is getting copy-pasta'd a lot. Maybe I'm weird, but I find things like that incredibly distracting. Sure, it's just menus, but I know my eye is going to go straight to that copied image on every screen if it's recycled that frequently.
Where?
Edit: Oh, the classic thing. I thought you meant a screenie from mid battle that might'a leaked somethin.

Last edited:

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
How...expected.

I think I speak for most when I say that I'm...

...of these menus.

Maybe next week hype shall arrive.
Oh, it will. It's the japan release date next week. He'll suprise us with something big, like a confirmed character (hopefully ness)

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
This is a pretty disgusting post. Honestly, the level of entitlement makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. We are a week away from the Japanese release of the game, a WEEK! You should expect more mellow pic of the days and a week ago we just got a character reveal in the form of Shulk. Stop whining and complaining as it will do you no good at the end of the day. Be grateful we are getting ANY pics of the day cause Sakurai does not have to give you anything at all, although judging from your arrogant post, you would probably be fine with that given your apparent disappointment.

And please don't assume that everyone knows about this information or the leak because many still don't. You are not the centre of the universe and Sakurai does NOT revolve around your wants and needs when it comes to Smash news or information. Honestly, just be patient cause within a week and you'll know EVERYTHING the game has to offer.
I'm honestly not sure where you're bringing all this stuff out from. Leak information? My wants and needs? I didn't talk about none of that in my post.

It doesn't exactly take a genius to figure out the menu layout, even if one hasn't played a previous Smash game. As you said, we're one week away from japanese release, meaning there aren't many potds left to show. Imo, he should be taking this opportunity to show some last bits of info, even if it will only slightly increase the hype.

As for the entitlement part, please stop. It made zero sense when people first brought it up a year ago. It still makes zero sense.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...What's in Group Mode?
THE ONE THING WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT AND SAKURAI DOESN'T TELL US.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'm honestly not sure where you're bringing all this stuff out from. Leak information? My wants and needs? I didn't talk about none of that in my post.

It doesn't exactly take a genius to figure out the menu layout, even if one hasn't played a previous Smash game. As you said, we're one week away from japanese release, meaning there aren't many potds left to show. Imo, he should be taking this opportunity to show some last bits of info, even if it will only slightly increase the hype.

As for the entitlement part, please stop. It made zero sense when people first brought it up a year ago. It still makes zero sense.
Dude, you were complaining like crazy and you assumed that everyone knew about this when many didn't. That's why I'm calling you entitled. I'm calling it as I see it and you sir are entitled. But good try at trying to deflect what I said. I honestly thought you would have a little hissy fit like you did with the PotD but I underestimated you. If you don't like the PotD, that's fine but don't be a brat about it, which you were being. And it's up to him if he wants to post stuff like this. If you don't like it, too bad, no need to complain about it on an internet forum. The hype will continue regardless of if he posts an amazing screenshot or not.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

THANK YOU. I can't even tell you how often the comments section has made me feel like saying this. Couldn't have been worded better.

It's seriously become a game to me to count how many posts until someone brings up the leak. Usually, that number is higher than the number of posts until somebody insults the man breaking his wrist (literally) to bring us this game. If it weren't for his efforts, we wouldn't even have a game to complain about, and I wonder what those people would do with themselves.

ExNihilo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Maddpanda531
3DS FC
1246-8804-2594

Calm down.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Okay, am I the only one that is really annoyed that Sonic in the "All Star" Part, is the only one with their picture being their main render? (Minus the one arm) That is killing it for me.

Top Bottom