• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 5th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. So what is this Games & More option in the menu? I assume that some people may use this mode the most."

He continued, saying "This is what you see after you click on Games & More. There are many modes to choose from. There's the Options button, too."

"Futhermore, this is what the screen looks like after you click on Solo. In the Stadium, you can find the Home-Run Contest, various Multi-Man Smash challenges, and Target Blast!"

Last edited by a moderator:

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
Menus menus menus..... All showing off things we already know about. Could this be another Filler Friday before a big announcement?

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
A bit confusing I think, but I likey likey. Likey. I mean, what's in the Group? Smash Run Co-Op? If it is, why isn't it in the Smash Run Menu? Maybe Multiplayer stadium games are there?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Menus menus menus..... All showing off things we already know about. Could this be another Filler Friday before a big announcement?
Well it is the JP release day next week. I'd rather less be known so more can be found in the inevitable blow-out of information next week in leaks and streams.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
How...expected.

I think I speak for most when I say that I'm...

...of these menus.

Maybe next week hype shall arrive.

Last edited:

ryd33n

Smash Rookie
I wonder if we'll get the Melee menu theme back as an unlockable like in Brawl.

Renegade55

Smash Rookie
So is there not going to be anything like the subspace emissary in this iteration of smash then? I don't know if this has been officially deconfirmed yet, but I would've really liked to see this come back in some form. It gave the game a bit of a story, which I thought was one of the best parts of the game (other than the multiplayer, that is)

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I tell ya, I can't wait to get my hands on Super Smash Options for the Nintendo 3dmenus.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Wait, so target blast is replacing target test? I don't mind too much, will sort of miss target test though. But I guess having a character specific target test like in melee would take too much time for smash 4, and having the standardized target tests in brawl wasn't as interesting.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with this information. With the game coming out in 8 days we'll be able to spoil as much information as we want.

NovaDS

Smash Rookie
I find the solo mode-map-thing pretty cool. Also, i hope that the events from melee and brawl can make it even in this game.

Spinach Ops™

Smashtown, Nowhere
NNID
Spinach.Ops
3DS FC
2809-9932-5572
Honestly , even the menues are hype at this point , being less than one month away . It's practically already here . :estatic:

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna miss the old school break the targets but it's not that horrible.

Maybe we'll see it return for the Wii U version.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I love the fact that Sonic's in the All Star icon. Oh hey, two songs were uploaded to the JP site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNrGlVE93Lo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7rhSjhmDbk

Oh, and there's this:

Wait wth. A bomb coming out of his hammer? What's THAT a reference to!? I know Dedede has thrown bombs before but coming out of his hammer? I'm surprised that his new final Smash isn't Masked Dedede. Is this his final smash? Unless this is a new neutral (B) attack and I'm mistaken.

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Where did you get those pictures from?
I found them on SSMB (Sonic Stadium), and they came from Imgur. It looks like the manual for the game.

Wait wth. A bomb coming out of his hammer? What's THAT a reference to!? I know Dedede has thrown bombs before but coming out of his hammer? I'm surprised that his new final Smash isn't Masked Dedede. Is this his final smash? Unless this is a new neutral (B) attack and I'm mistaken.
I think it's his Final Smash, since he's glowing and has yellow eyes, and he's under Diddy's Final Smash. Only thing I can think of it being a reference to would be that mini game I posted a picture of up there. Or it could be original like Meta Knight's.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I found them on SSMB (Sonic Stadium), and they came from Imgur. It looks like the manual for the game.

I think it's his Final Smash, since he's glowing and has yellow eyes, and he's under Diddy's Final Smash. Only thing I can think of it being a reference to would be that mini game I posted a picture of up there. Or it could be original like Meta Knight's.
in the mini game the bombs don't come out of his hammer though. Sakurai just made this new final smash up for Dedede. I think it's such a missed opportunity he didn't use Dedede's Masked form and hammer in some way from the game. It would have been a better nod to the games. *sigh* whatever. I'll wait to see it in action.

Luigifan578

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1650-2770-2508
uuuuuuuuuuugh quit giving us menu design stuff Sakurai and give us Some character reveals!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
in the mini game the bombs don't come out of his hammer though. Sakurai just made this new final smash up for Dedede. I think it's such a missed opportunity he didn't use Dedede's Masked form and hammer in some way from the game. It would have been a better nod to the games. *sigh* whatever. I'll wait to see it in action.
All we have is one close-up picture and you're calling it a missed opportunity? >_> We don't even know its full power or potential.

For all we know it could be way better than just a Mask power-up.

Although I'm gonna miss the Dedede dance...

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
I was hoping for Masked Dedede as well. Maybe he could be an alternate costume instead?

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
So is there not going to be anything like the subspace emissary in this iteration of smash then? I don't know if this has been officially deconfirmed yet, but I would've really liked to see this come back in some form. It gave the game a bit of a story, which I thought was one of the best parts of the game (other than the multiplayer, that is)
The said that they wouldn't have something like SSE a long time ago. It's a good thing they don't in my opinion. They can put dev time into what really matters.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Hm, something's bugging me about this... That same image of the back of Mario's head sure is getting copy-pasta'd a lot. Maybe I'm weird, but I find things like that incredibly distracting. Sure, it's just menus, but I know my eye is going to go straight to that copied image on every screen if it's recycled that frequently.

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
"Games and more"..... Games and... Game and... Game and watch.... Game and watch confirmed.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
OMG, More pretty menus! It just menu........................................
I love the fact that Sonic's in the All Star icon. Oh hey, two songs were uploaded to the JP site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNrGlVE93Lo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7rhSjhmDbk

Oh, and there's this:

I think it may be a reference to that mini game in Kirby, where you have to eat the eggs, but avoid the bombs.

WHOA WHOA WHOA! King dedede Final Smash Change?! I hope the change is true!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
A bit confusing I think, but I likey likey. Likey. I mean, what's in the Group? Smash Run Co-Op? If it is, why isn't it in the Smash Run Menu? Maybe Multiplayer stadium games are there?
event matches?

Top Bottom