• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 10th

SPAddict

Smash Rookie
I have to say I'm disappointed. I'm not referring to the PotD. I joined Smash boards because I like the excitement and community, but after seeing the responses to the PotD I'm ashamed. Sakurai has given his fans (us) pictures everyday just because he wanted to. Most developers never talk to their fans except at big events. I am most upset at the statements saying he's giving "bad pictures" to upset us.

I like everything I've seen, because I've gotten an in depth look at how a game progresses over time. I am happy with Sakurai and thank him for the gift he never needed to give.
Finally someone posts something with some common sense and gratefulness. Wish there was more of that on here.

SojyuRyu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiragon21
3DS FC
2019-9678-7610
Definitely sweet smash is coming closer and closer now.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
inb4 someone makes a long post again about how everyone who doesn't like the picture is spoiled and ungrateful and gets 20 likes for it
*long post*

Everyone who doesn't like the picture is spoiled an ungrateful. Now gimme my 20 likes!

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
Hyped for this :D

...what's that? I should be mad because Japan's getting it before everyone else? ...why? It's coming out in two days over there. If anything I'm surprised the demo's being released this close to their actual release :O

crhodes2

Smash Rookie
I have to say I'm disappointed. I'm not referring to the PotD. I joined Smash boards because I like the excitement and community, but after seeing the responses to the PotD I'm ashamed. Sakurai has given his fans (us) pictures everyday just because he wanted to. Most developers never talk to their fans except at big events. I am most upset at the statements saying he's giving "bad pictures" to upset us.

I like everything I've seen, because I've gotten an in depth look at how a game progresses over time. I am happy with Sakurai and thank him for the gift he never needed to give.
I agree. I 110% agree.

Sakurai Pic of the Day was not a disappointment. You guys (actually some of you guys, the whiny ones) were the biggest disappointment of the day.

When the demo came out, and Sakurai posted this pic to let us know, I was so excited and I wanted to read and enjoy your excitement for it through the comments. Only to be left with a bitter taste in my mouth. You guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Sorry for being blunt but that's the truth. The complaints do not represent what this community is all about and of course it feels like there is no appreciation of the 300+ days of pics posts that Sakurai and the development team have worked so hard on to keep us gamers up to date on the game development, leading up to this glorious week. Smash Bros. 3DS Release Week.

I am very disappointed. Very.

To those fans on the opposite side, I appreciate your excitement and you all definitely represent this community. Let's celebrate this week with champagne, caviar, and good smashing times. And a grand thank you to Mr. Sakurai!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
**** off.

The fact that you can't even make the international downloadable demo (With five characters) come out at the same time as the COMPLETE game in Japan is ********.

Last edited:

CorruptedMotives

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rootbeer
3DS FC
1118-0220-9529
*Complains about not getting a demo*
..wait we're getting one? *complains about not getting the demo soon enough*

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
**** off.

The fact that you can't even make the international downloadable demo (With five characters) come out at the same time as the COMPLETE game in Japan is ********.

Blame Iwata, he made the 3DS region locked...

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Yay.... more menus.... OMG A DEMO!!!!
It just coming to Japan but I kwon this demo is coming soon here, the second picture aprove that term. Guys just calm down. Sakurai know our bullcrap that were looking everything that the jappanese version because he know were gonna see the stream of smash bros even the games is coming to japan first and the version were gonna see is jappanese version.

Im just gonna wait. because today was exciting, ok and just freaking wait for the DEMO! YES!!!

SojyuRyu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiragon21
3DS FC
2019-9678-7610
Definitely sweet smash is coming closer and closer now.
*Complains about not getting a demo*
..wait we're getting one? *complains about not getting the demo soon enough*
Yeah the logic on that....words are'nt enough to describe the idiocy of people.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Eh come Friday I'll be doing endless research as far as the "how to's".
I wanna unlock characters n stages as quick as possible when I get my AMERICAN copy. << bitterness

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
Sweet! Can't wait for the demo. I really want to know how Mario controls compared to his previous versions.

Hidden Pixl

Smash Rookie
I like how people are mad that countries outside of Japan aren't getting a demo the same day Japan does. First off I'm upset that I can't play it today too, BUT he never said we wouldn't get one and they actually listened to us ***** and complain that we wanted a demo of Smash. NOW we have a Smash demo. Stop being so salty and be happy for once. This is why other countries hate us, we ***** tooo much and throw a fit and complain when we don't get what we want.. People who are complaining (which is probably a small group of people), stop and wait like everyone else has to. And to everyone not complaining (which I know is a lot of you), you people are cool and I respect you people.

And I'll brb when some random person tells me I should shut up or that I am wrong or a hypocrite or something.

Oh and p.s. I hate the PoTD too. It's just two screens. Most boring PoTD ever....

Last edited:

Chilex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chilex
So when are we getting the Wii U release date?

Sonicb00m111

Smash Rookie
I agree. I 110% agree.

Sakurai Pic of the Day was not a disappointment. You guys (actually some of you guys, the whiny ones) were the biggest disappointment of the day.

When the demo came out, and Sakurai posted this pic to let us know, I was so excited and I wanted to read and enjoy your excitement for it through the comments. Only to be left with a bitter taste in my mouth. You guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Sorry for being blunt but that's the truth. The complaints do not represent what this community is all about and of course it feels like there is no appreciation of the 300+ days of pics posts that Sakurai and the development team have worked so hard on to keep us gamers up to date on the game development, leading up to this glorious week. Smash Bros. 3DS Release Week.

I am very disappointed. Very.

To those fans on the opposite side, I appreciate your excitement and you all definitely represent this community. Let's celebrate this week with champagne, caviar, and good smashing times. And a grand thank you to Mr. Sakurai!
AWW LAWDY LAWDY, I DUN SEEN THE ERROR IN MAH WAYS. I SHALL NEVUH COMPLAIN AGAIN.

Ugh, like seriously, get off your soapbox. First you sound like my mother, then you just sound like a suck up. Realize that people are going to get upset about stupid ****, regardless of what you say. There's no point in condemning people, because they're just going to end up enjoying the game as much as you anyway. But OH HELL, LET'S BE ALL SUPER DRAMATIC ABOUT IT.

Also, I'm all for not being ungrateful, but anyone saying that they aren't upset in the slightest over the fact that they can't play it right now or sooner is a LIAR.

Last edited:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
I'm just hyped about the demo generally being available! No reason for me to get mad, like some of you people. :ohwell:

The fanbase is already bad as it is, even the fans of the fanbase, so yeah. A lot spoiled and grateful fans it haves... And this PoTD shows it.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
How much longer until we get this? We have to wait longer for the game, so we should get it (comparatively) earlier than them, right?

LevelZeroToInfinity

Smash Rookie
...I can no longer read these comments.

You people are the most impatient bunch I have ever seen!
Right? I'm barely even bothered by this demo. We all knew Japan was getting an early release, so... why is this surprising to anyone? I just didn't watch any of the streams last night, big deal. I'm way too hype over the release coming very soon to let this hinder my experience.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
>Confirmation of demo coming to regions outside Japan

>Everyone's mad because it isn't here fast enough

C'mon guys, have a little patience. I mean, you only get to play as 5 characters anyway (and I already tried Villager and Mega Man before), it isn't that exciting. Though I guess if you've never been to a Smash event, I can see why... Still, no need to tell Sakurai to "**** off".

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm not really disappointed with the fact we're getting the demo later, I'm disappointed this had to take up a whole POTD. This news seriously couldn't have been a footnote on a different POTD? "Also for Japanese players, a demo is now available from the Japanese E-Shop, it contains 5 characters, a stage, and a tips section." I get we've been getting only menu POTDs lately, but anything is better than the title screen.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
A real Smash fan feels angry about the fact that they can't play Smash yet.

SaturnSW

Smash Rookie
The negative comments really aren't as bad as the preachy ones are making it seem. I think being a little upset is a totally valid reaction to being told you have to wait an indefinite amount of time for something someone else, a whole nation in this context, already has.

Sure, I could watch people stream, but I'd much rather play it and figure those characters out myself.

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
Guys and grills, listen up. I've heard from the Soul Smashers that us players in NA will get a demo in 9 days time. Stay hyped.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
A real Smash fan feels angry about the fact that they can't play Smash yet.
You're mistaking casual/core fan for a true fan. A true fan wouldn't care because s/he'll be getting either the Japan version or studying how the game will be played. Mostly everyone below that will proceed to do what they're doing in this comment section. Complain to no end about a game that's going to eventually come in less than a month.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
It's not the fact that Japan is getting the demo early (Although I'm sure everyone in NA and Europe would prefer a simultaneous world wide release), but rather the fact that they decided to make a pic of the day dedicated to rubbing in the faces of everyone without a Japanese 3DS.
You know that "our" pic of the day is always just a translation of what Sakurai originally posts on the Japanese Miiverse, right? It's just a bonus that some Nintendo people translate his posts. So stop taking that for granted.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Warning Received
****ing hell, guys. Can you kindly quit your ********? Sakurai and nintendo don't owe you ****.

You will get your demo. This POTD confirms that. Watch some youtube videos and kill some time... But seiously, telling Sakurai to f+ck off is straight up ridiculous. Y'all sound like hateful babies.

C'ya, I'm off to go watch some Smash and chill out like a well-adjusted human being.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom