• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 7th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. For the first time ever in the Super Smash Bros. series, you can play with a collection of real-life trophies in the form of amiibo. Simply touch them on this part of the GamePad. This particular screen is dedicated to activating amiibo, but you can also tap your amiibo on the GamePad at the character-selection screen to let that character join the battle."

He continued, saying "Once you do, the trophy of your amiibo character transforms into a Figure Player (FP)!! FPs fight and develop on their own."

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
We have a release date! November 21st!

gg oras

:093:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Confirmed for November 21 for US and later for everyone else.
USA! USA! USA!

Last edited:

BunnyBoy1337

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3265-5888-7478
Hopefully Smash amiibo will compatible with the 3DS version, when the peripheral comes out next year. I say this because I don't have a Wii U. I also hope peripheral will be cheap.

Largo Shogun

Smash Cadet
This is how I always wanted pokemon to be. As in you directly control them in a fighting game.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Duude, That 2nd picture looks majestic.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Whatever. I still don't see the point of Amiibo besides cash grabbing.
It is definitely a cash grab. However if you buy two Links, they will level up differently and have different play styles. It will store that data on the Amiibo figure itself so you can take it to a friend's house. I can't think of a better way to do that then this way. Also, this Amiibo will make for an interesting side event at a tournament!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wasn't it confirmed earlier this year (perhaps during summer time) that Amiibos would work on the 3DS, also, by just placing one on the bottom screen?

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Wasn't it confirmed earlier this year (perhaps during summer time) that Amiibos would work on the 3DS, also, by just placing one on the bottom screen?
That only works on the new 3DS. Old 3DS's need to buy a pad to put the amiibo on.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget about these two handsome devils that weren't announced already...

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Honestly, I could care less for the Amiibo's function... I just like how detailed they look. Needless to say I will be getting some of my favorite characters in amiibo form.

Top Bottom